Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2009 Episode 15 Bebe & BB have babies n stuff

(764 Posts)
PuzzleRocks Mon 25-Jul-11 19:13:24

Ta da

AuldAlliance Sun 11-Nov-12 20:03:02

Ah. Well, it's probably of little comfort, but Alex is still not dry at night. Nor during naps, which isn't a problem here, as he's given up napping at home (apart from yesterday, when I found he'd made a sort of nest of downies and pillows in my walk-in cupboard and was napping there alongside loads of soft toys and playmobils. v cute). But at school they all have a nap, and I have been handed a bag of wet garments on 3 occasions now.
DS1 just trained himself, we used to hear him groping his way onto the potty at all hours of the night. Alex, however, blithely sleeps through.
I don't know if it's just a question of his not being ready, or if we should be more actively doing sth...

BoffinMum Mon 12-Nov-12 08:11:55

I don't think you can do much about training children at night really, apart from remind them they are allowed to get up and go to the loo or call for you if they need to. They can't be dry at night unless certain biochemical procedures are in place, apparently.

Would a 'dry like me' pad help at nursery? I can send you some if you like?

AuldAlliance Mon 12-Nov-12 21:40:08

I'd kind of got that impression, Boff, that it's not a question of training at night. Which is a relief, as I'm not keen on plonking him on the potty at intervals throughout the night.

Thanks for the offer of the pads, that's v kind of you. However, I've googled them and I suspect they might be insufficient to the task. Alex has clearly inherited some serious Scottish pint-drinking genes and he has huge bladder capacity, so when he wets the bed, even during a daytime nap, it more often than not drenches all his clothes.
I'd have to put them on him in the morning (which would be a serious regression), as staff would probably refuse to do it anyhow. Being "dry" is a requirement for starting maternelle...

How's the re-reconversion going?

BoffinMum Tue 13-Nov-12 08:37:54

Do they get him to do a wee before nap time? That might help.

Re-refurb starts tomorrow! We're pulling out the bath, sink and loo and then sorting out the pipework.

AuldAlliance Tue 13-Nov-12 10:15:52

I would hope so, Boff, it seems so obvious. He's a little evasive when asked, though, so I may have a word with the teacher when if he has another accident.

Good luck with ripping out of fixtures!

BoffinMum Tue 13-Nov-12 14:00:28

I am not ripping things out myself, just supervising a buff young man while he does that IYSWIM. winkgrin

AuldAlliance Tue 13-Nov-12 14:53:43

You don't need any more luck, then, sounds like a fine way to spend the time. I had to replace my dishwasher not long ago, and found myself ogling the guy's beautiful, smooth, strong, chestnut-coloured arms. blush

dawntigga Sat 24-Nov-12 19:52:38

waves to all and promises to spend more time online

IfRLDoesn'tGetInTheWayTiggaxx

BoffinMum Sat 24-Nov-12 23:13:18

Well, the jacuzzi is in AND IT WORKS!! gringringrin

dawntigga Sun 25-Nov-12 08:27:28

Ah potty training - don't you love it? No? Glad I'm not alone then. We go for 2 weeks with nothing then bang a week of accidents, I vent my frustration in the pantry which looks more Miss Haversham than it sounded in my head when reading it back. The potty fairy now only brings a reward if we get 7 clean dry days as she's busy with littler boys and girls who need help with their potty. Yes, we resorted to bribery! We're lucky in that The Cub has been dry through the night since about 6 months old.

Boff well jel about your jacuzzi and Auld equally as jel about your dishwasher.

OffToDoSomeBakingWithTheCubTiggaxx

dawntigga Tue 27-Nov-12 07:27:06

We are currently germ free in this house, this may not last long. I know have 2 weeks of work to catch up on and 1 day to do it in. That's doable isn't it.

WhoNeedsSleepTiggaxx

AuldAlliance Tue 27-Nov-12 09:19:02

Of course it's possible, Tigga. hmm

For the last week, Alex has cried when I leave him at school. It's awful. He was fine for the first half of term and is now not so fine. I hate going off to work knowing he's bawling his eyes out and trying to get to me.

Sorry, just needed to moan about it.

dawntigga Tue 27-Nov-12 11:41:01

Auld does he settle quickly or does it go on across the day?

WeAllNeedToMoanSometimesTiggaxx

AuldAlliance Tue 27-Nov-12 13:25:19

I think it stops fairly quickly, Tigga - far sooner than it takes for me to forget about it anyway! It's just a phase, I suppose, and there is a boy who wails and screams every morning, who I'm sure wasn't there before, so I think it's contagious.

Have you done lots of work, then? wink

dawntigga Wed 28-Nov-12 06:41:54

It's good it stops quickly and any trauma is all in our heads - I doubt the germ carrying vectors kids will even remember it in 6 months whereas we shall remember it forever sad

I got some work done but as my notso dp blew the light in my work room I had to stop about 1500 as I couldn't find where he'd hidden the bloody lightbulbs!!!

GrrIfItGoesReplaceItTiggaxx

ZuluWarrior Mon 03-Dec-12 19:26:01

Hi everyone - nipping in on the way to stitch and bitch (!).

Bicnod nobody really answered your post re being at the end of your tether with sleep. Are you OK?

bebemoojem Tue 04-Dec-12 10:29:23

<waves> is anyone feeling strangely crazed already about Christmas?! I feel all anxious about it this year!

ZuluWarrior Tue 04-Dec-12 19:28:37

Nah. It'll be over in a flash smile.

BoffinMum Wed 05-Dec-12 08:26:36

Ah, then you need my planning spreadsheet, on the blog. I am so far ahead with my Christmas shopping I paid for it in shillings grin

bebemoojem Thu 06-Dec-12 11:49:19

Unless the spreadsheet is laced with valium I'm not sure it'll help... wink present buying is not the trouble unfortunately. Remind of your blog tho I used to have it saved and now cannot find it.

Hormones are all over the place so that's probably it.

BoffinMum Fri 14-Dec-12 22:46:42

I am very sad.

I got busy at work (new job) and actually forgot to go to Felix's little Nativity play thing.

He said, "The mummies and the daddies came but you did not come, mummy".

I am bereft.

BoffinMum Fri 14-Dec-12 22:47:24

<crying> sad

ZuluWarrior Sun 16-Dec-12 19:52:11

Oh Boff sad. Motherly guilt - it is a terrible thing. I bet he's forgotten it already and you've made it up to him though.

ZuluWarrior Sun 16-Dec-12 19:53:34

I have to tell you all that I'm pregnant. I'm not allowed to tell anyone in RL and I feel shit and I can't moan about it smile.

Am I insane? I remember making a conscious decision to have another baby, but for the life of me I can't remember why.

BoffinMum Sun 16-Dec-12 20:16:06

Congratulations!!!grin

BTW Felix has forgotten about it. It's not so much guilt, as regret.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now