Would you like to be a member of our research pane? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

April 2009 Episode 15 Bebe & BB have babies n stuff

(764 Posts)
PuzzleRocks Mon 25-Jul-11 19:13:24

Ta da

bebemoo Sat 13-Aug-11 10:48:26

sorry that was so long ladies!
It was very surreal and it's the first time I really thought about it clearly.

Gwen is doing really well. She's a better feeder than Moo. Moo avoided me and Gwen the first day, but started warming up a little yesterday and today is doing better again. She's a 'need quiet to accept things' type of person.
Sent the in-laws home today as thought it would help to settle us (all) if they weren't here to distract us. (tho I am very thankful they came and that they're British as didn't make a big deal about walking in seeing a laboring woman with her bum hanging out as she's birthing their 4th grandkid wink blush OMG SO EMBARRASSING.... I'M TRYING NOT TO REMEMBER)

ZuluWarrior Sat 13-Aug-11 22:39:53

Wow BeBe! Well done you. She is beautiful. Dramatic entrance though. Has it sunk in yet?

Hope you can sit down soon. Savlon baths and co-codamol are what saved me with DSs episiotomy. Milk in yet?

I have just discovered the Mumsnet mobile site. You will all have known about it for years no doubt, but I feel like a pioneer posting while feeding a baby in bed smile. A month old today and chubbing up nicely. Now all she needs to do is learn the difference betweeen night and day....

Bicnod Sun 14-Aug-11 11:06:34

Bebe - congratulations! She is gorgeous and what an incredible birth story. Sorry about your soreness grin( make sure you get midwives to check stitches don't get infected - I ended up having to have two courses of antibiotics to sort mine out and I think it is probably because I had to wait three hours to be stitched in the first place...

Schulte - well done for winning the thread smile

Zulu - I feel your pain. James is up all the time at night at the moment as well. He did a 5 hour stretch one night last week (11pm to 4am) and I thought maybe that would be the start of Good Things but it hasn't quite worked out like that. I'm currently surviving on about 4 hours of broken sleep a night and not managing to nap most days as have Oscar as well. I'm sure you're in the same boat - keep telling myself it won't last forever - isn't it around 6/8 weeks they become a bit more predictable? Feeding lying down is fabulous - I've done it from day 1 with James as I never cracked it with Oscar so thought I'd try from the outset. I often fall asleep as he's feeding and wake up 45 minutes later, baby asleep and bed covered in milk. Nice.

Boff - how are you doing now? Thinking about you x

BB - not too long now - I still can't believe you're having twins shockgrin

So who is coming to the meet up on Thursday?! At the moment recently confirmed are:

Puzzle
Schulte
Bicnod

If anyone else is coming then post on the FW FB page so we can get organised and work out where, when etc.

Right. Cup of tea then feed the boy.

bebemoo Sun 14-Aug-11 13:07:27

Milk came in yesterday afternoon and I'm perking up nicely wink We're doing only lay down feeds (as I still cannot sit) which i'm wondering if it's partly why the feeds are better so far.
I've only been taking the co-codamol at night to get me to sleep as I've still not (TMI alert) had a poo... otherwise it's the paracetamol. The Doc also said I could take ibuprofen for a few days to help with swelling, but I've not done it as I can tell the swelling has eased. I've been having tea tree baths and using witch hazel spray before and after wee's. It's just the sitting which causes the terrible 'pulling feeling' which is sharp and very uncomfortable.

It's beginning to sink in finally as the last of the laundry/mess is now cleaned... but I still saw the name 'Dewi' yesterday and thought 'If we do have a boy that might be cute...oh yeah...'

PuzzleRocks Sun 14-Aug-11 17:17:58

Looks like it's going to be a cosy meet up. Right, 5 minutes to read Bebe's story. . . .

PuzzleRocks Sun 14-Aug-11 17:22:48

"You cannot go out of the house without covering up a little hun you'll be devastated later." grin grin

Seriously though, what a birth story. Well done all of you. Sorry you are so uncomfortable. I hope everything heals very soon. I took lots of salt baths both times.

And she really is a gorgeous poppet.

Bicnod Sun 14-Aug-11 21:15:50

bebe - i've just realised i put grin when I wanted to put sad about your soreness blushblushblush i'm sorry lovely - honestly not grinning about you being in pain x

vezzie Sun 14-Aug-11 21:36:35

Bebe, what a fantastic birth story. Well done. Glad the feeding is going well. Feeding lying down is the most marvellous thing. I wish you very best with your stitches, take care and let them heal in their own time - no rushing about please.

And yes, Zulu, mumsnet on the phone is a revelation! Also, this time round, I have a kindle. All around very comfortable.

Bicnod - hang in there!

Gosh - is it this Thursday? (beetling off to Facebook)

SeniorWrangler Sun 14-Aug-11 21:46:56

Well done, Bebe. A real FJ warrior birth indeed! I am impressed.

WRT your ladygarden, FemePads are great- cold packs for fanjos available from Mothercare.

BTW make sure a consultant sees your fanjo if you have any concerns at all about how it is healing - I relied on MWs and house officers to repair mine and they did not do a particularly good job, which I understand is quite common.

BabiesBolat Mon 15-Aug-11 07:53:25

Wow Bebe - well done! What an impression to make on your in laws and the EMC grin but seriously impressive birth story! Gwynneth is lovely and looks very content in the pictures. Do make sure you keep on getting checked out if you are still sore. My sister damaged her back in labour and 'left' it to heel on the advice of the HV and now needs lots and lots of work on it to make it line up again. Seriously though you are thinking of another already? WOW! I was so far away from thinking about a second after K (especially the process of making said second baby) grin

Zulu I found it about three weeks ago and DH is not impressed at something else to keep me glued to my phone!!!

Bic ooh I remember those nights - I've kind of been trying to forget them - although my 5 times a night toilet trips are helping me prepare a bit for it!
I know what you mean about the twin thing. Saturday I was down at the park with K and suddenly I thought, Oh pretty soon there will be three of them down here - then it was like an 'OH MY GOD I'M HAVING TWO BABIES' moment. Think that's the first time I had really and truly thought about the logistics of it all - managing three of them on a daily basis! Got my 32 week scan tomorrow so hoping they will book me in for my induction / CS depending on the placenta for around 5 weeks time.

I'm on for Thursday. I won't be bringing K as I can't really chase after him (and he's a runner!) and I have to pop into a meeting in town in the morning.

Hope everyone is ok - I better go and remove K from my window ledge...

PuzzleRocks Mon 15-Aug-11 08:41:49

Fab, can't wait to see you all. I have been working (at home) this past week and we are all getting cabin fever.

Bicnod Mon 15-Aug-11 09:59:47

Hurrah! And it looks like the weather will be good on Thursday grin

bebemoo Mon 15-Aug-11 11:23:25

BB we're not having any more kids!! I gave you that impression? HELL NO! MW who double checked the stitches was trying to convince me I should populate the world with cute little girls. I said 2 gorgeous offspring was more than enough, I didn't want to upset the balance for all the other lovely girls in the world.
2 is plenty and to be honest it'll be too expensive to travel to the States if we have any more anyhow.

My bits seem to better(ish) today. smile We went into the mall yesterday and I walked around and I'm wondering if that helped some actually. I'm sitting very gingerly on the couch and I'm not thinking of dying wink I really want to look, and yet I really don't at the same time...I'm horrible looking at healing wounds/stitches, especially stitches. DH flat out refused to look at the stitching and 'work' done on me this time saying that it made him feel utterly sick and guilty last time and he could remember well enough how terrible that rather minuscule cut looked..

baby Woo slept 6 hours last night...my left breast is a solid rock sad and she's woke up jaundice. I've got her in the sun and will be doing my darnedest to feed her every 2 hours (for both our relief) and hopefully it all passes soon. HV comes tomorrow anyhow to check up on her so if it's not getting better she'll let us know.

Must check out MN on phone...and I agree abt the kindle... lying in bed feeding Woo and distracting myself from the tenderness by reading is fab!

bebemoo Mon 15-Aug-11 18:51:30
PuzzleRocks Mon 15-Aug-11 19:16:51

Try not to worry too much about the jaundice; Holly was like Lisa Simpson for almost two weeks.

I can't help re the refusing one side. I hope you get some answers and the engorgement subsides soon. Lots of heat on the breast helped me.

bebemoo Mon 15-Aug-11 21:13:08

Thanks Puzz smile
I'm not worrying too much as it's eased since this morning smile She's still yellow but she's not so much banana as meringue now. Plus the HV will be here to look at her tomorrow and if anything more need be done it'll be accomplished tomorrow. smile

Just perturbed more with the fact that we've got this curve ball when I really want to be smooth sailing and enjoying my time with her more. (tho honestly I'm so much less worried and anxious and crazy and I'm not 'hating it' as I was with Moo) Even last night when I was angry and resentful abt everyone sleeping and me not and having huge sore breasts which dh will ALSO never have to deal with (along with the joys of ripped bits) I was looking at her and not dreading the next time that I had to feed her. With Moo I dreaded every feed until abt 4months. BUT I am so looking forward to having a bigger healthy baby that I can feed without pain and worry. smile

ZuluWarrior Tue 16-Aug-11 20:19:50

Oh, I wish I could come on Thursday. Think I should just jump on a train?

Bebe, how are you and your girls (referring to your children, not your breasts grin) today?

Bicnod, I'm hoping that six to eight weeks is when they get more predictable too. I wish I'd kept a diary from last time now- I can't remember anything. It sounds like I'm getting a wee bit more sleep than you though. Is it getting any better?

bebemoo Wed 17-Aug-11 22:50:05

The girls are getting on really well. Moo was utterly sweet with Woo today smile Held her loads and wanted to carry her out to the car when we went out for a little bit wink

As for the other girls wink HV came over today (rather than yesterday) and she popped Woo on in abt a second! I was like OMG SO UNFAIR!!! she laughed ans showed me abt pinching the areola behind the nipple when engorged and having Woo straight on my lap (no pillow) so that she could completely in line with the nipple/ breast to help drain it...
It was amazing; suddenly Woo was eating efficiently and the boulder I was carrying around became a flaccid breast again. thank goodness!

PuzzleRocks Thu 18-Aug-11 08:04:10

Hurrah for your HV. Good to hear a positive story about one on here.

BabiesBolat Tue 23-Aug-11 16:58:53

Hey ladies, sorry I have been awol and very sorry I missed the meet up. My meeting went on and on and got puzz's message just as I was leaving central london. And then my phone died! angry

Hope you are all ok, gutted i missed baby James and you ladies.

Been a bit crazy here. Work has been manic (despite supposed to be winding down) and the babies are giving me all sorts of gyp!

Had a scan last week that showed that both babies were breach (after being head down) and the placenta which both myself and my midwife were pretty sure had moved has actually lodged down even further and is covering the os by 4cms which means I have NO chance of a natural birth and that I was now considered high risk because twin one was in danger of tearing away from the placenta because of the position. THEN on Friday the little bugger decided to stop moving and I was taken in for monitoring. Both babies fine but twin one still not moving enough so I was in on Saturday, yesterday and again today (at 3 hours a time). Then last night started having contractions (for an hour) then they went away). So we are desperately trying to keep these babies in until post 34 weeks (am 33 weeks today), whilst trying to get everything completed for work (which finishes next Friday thank goodness!!). Sure I will be sat here at 37 weeks with these two inside but right now they have to stay put so their lungs can fully develop.

So that was a mammoth me post!

How is everyone else?

ZuluWarrior Tue 23-Aug-11 20:40:30

Wow BB. Sounds like you've been having a busy time! Are you OK? Are you sure you should still be working? (stupid question - it's you we're dealing with, but feel I should at least say it!). Sounds like you should be sitting with your feet up. Keep us posted.

How was the meet-up?

I got my consultant job. Hooray! It was a horrible interview and I wasn't happy with how I'd come across so when I was offered the job I was really surprised. I'm not sure it's sunk in even now. It's a job for life so a Big Deal and means we can stay living where we do and our kids can go to the lovely school down the road etc. Lovely feeling!

WFH, how did your job interview go?

BabiesBolat Tue 23-Aug-11 20:43:47

Yay Zulu huge congrats! Well done!!! gringringringringrin. When do you start?

I'm regretting staying on this long but I've got 7 working days left and I'm working from home so its not too horrendous (she says!!)

Bicnod Wed 24-Aug-11 08:29:29

Oh BB - that must have been very scary when one twin wasn't moving enough (how can you tell which is which by the way?!) Could you stop work earlier than planned? It really sounds like you should be putting your feet up.

Zulu - congratulations! That's amazing news - getting a new job at the same time as having a new baby is pretty spectacular!

Meet up was fab - we must must must do it again soon. Schulte's hosting skills are impeccable and I enjoyed watching baby James puke his way around the group grin

Speaking of James - he fed at 7pm, dreamfeed at 10.45pm, feed at 3.30am, feed at 6.50am. I can't actually believe he did such a brilliant night and he's not even 6 weeks yet - I have high hopes for this one being a good sleeper - surely I deserve it after the hell I went through with Oscar?!

Right, must make house look vaguely respectable - we've got 3 estate agents coming round to value it today as we're seriously considering a move out of London <excited>

PuzzleRocks Wed 24-Aug-11 08:40:40

Oh wow Zulu, that's fantastic news. I hope you plan to treat yourself for being so bloody awesome?

BB I don't know what to say other than I hope the next few weeks fly by for you. So is Friday your last day?

Has anyone heard from a certain academic mother of many?

ZuluWarrior Wed 24-Aug-11 10:16:45

Thanks all. Start when I go back from maty leave at the end of January. That's so far away it's never going to happen!

Bicnod, James' sleeping is sounding very promising! I was pleased with last night and it went like this: 10pm, 1.30am, 3.30am, 6am. We still have a long way to go..... Although I think she smiled yesterday (at my friend, and then my other friend envy envy envy) which melted my heart.

Haven't heard from the fertile one. A few folk have been very quiet recently <nosey>.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now