Tearoom 35: Sun, sea and sand...

(990 Posts)
beanandspud Sun 27-Jan-13 20:33:55

This breathtakingly beautiful island has unspoilt powdery white sand beaches, crystalline turquoise waters that wash over pristine coral reefs, and verdant green rainforest.

Scuba diving, snorkelling, kayaking and sailing trips are available and you can discover the island's charms on foot (with or without Mellors the guide) by mountain bike or private island buggy.

For those in need of pampering the spa offers a selection of luxurious treatments to soothe and heal both body and soul.

For dining, enjoy a freshly prepared meal at the tearoom, a picnic on the beach, or a delicious dinner in the oceanfront restaurant with its stunning sea views. There is wine, brew and good company, everybody is welcome.

UniS Tue 26-Feb-13 21:30:57

bike in uncles garage, waiting visit from boy on birthday weekend.... I won't be there but expect uncle will take a photo of boys face.

Boy is having an Islabike Beinn 24 inch .

mistlethrush Tue 26-Feb-13 22:01:36

UniS - that's the size we've got for mc. He's lost 3 or 4 months out of it but the 26 is just that little bit too big still - and he really needs one.

UniS Tue 26-Feb-13 22:49:35

Last tried boy on a Beinn 24 a couple of weeks ago and he fit - just. I bought this one 2nd hand ( from some one on MN) back in November, figured that boy would grow into it and he has his current bike till that point.

We are taking 3 boys mountain biking on sunday!!! eeek. This is boys birthday treat.

mistlethrush Wed 27-Feb-13 13:10:30

Will the other 2 be able to keep up? grin

With new mistlehound, I think we'll be loading the bikes up and finding some nice off-road routes we can go - she'll be able to lope along very happily (our last one had got too old to the extent I was thinking of a trailer for her!)

UniS Wed 27-Feb-13 14:57:40

will they keep up... possibly not. but its only a 4 mile figure eight loop with some nice twisty single track ,, but nothing toooo steep or technical. one of them I think will keep up out of bloody minded determination, I have flapjacks for bribery.

Scout19075 Wed 27-Feb-13 21:07:51

Oh my, there was a bright yellow-orange ball in the sky today. It was AMAZING.

SmallBoy ran practically the whole way to Tesco -- he was so excited about the sun and the promise of a new magazine.

Good luck, UniS!

I was on my feet most of today, including "racing" with SmallBoy to & from town -- my whole body just hurts.

beanandspud Wed 27-Feb-13 22:44:52

Yay to small boys with new bikes! grin

Boo to illness! Hope everyone's feeling a bit better.

Thank you for the birthday messages, we had a fun weekend and I had a very soppy moment when I opened my card from Small Bean to find he'd written 'I love you mummy' all by himself with no prompting <<sniffs>>

Mr Bean is away so I am in bed with a hot chocolate and mn - all rather nice! Roll on Spring though, the weather here today was just lovely and I feel the need for some more spirit-lifting sunshine.

UniS Wed 27-Feb-13 22:48:21

you know that rotten stinking cold that is going round ? Boy had it last week, now MrUni and I have it. yurk.

Boy was only running on about 60% power for half of half term, now I see why.

On teh plus side... boy on 60% was probably less annoying to granny, who really prefers children to be placid and fall in with her ideas of "what to play" . Sometime he will notice that she has favourites and its no longer him now there are smaller cuter grandchildren around.

Scout19075 Thu 28-Feb-13 16:54:33

Give me strength to deal with a hungry, tired, tantruming three year old. He's done nothing but eat/beg food but now he won't have his dinner and is screaming at me to "don't talk" even though I'm not.

Scout19075 Thu 28-Feb-13 17:11:26

Now he's a sobbing mess and nothing I do is right.

Argh!

Scout19075 Thu 28-Feb-13 17:13:12

Goodness knows.

I need wine.

Scout19075 Thu 28-Feb-13 17:39:03

After nearly an hour he's finally had his dinner. WHEW!

UniS Thu 28-Feb-13 18:44:23

scout- you need wine and the choc box of requirements.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Thu 28-Feb-13 18:55:12

::Tops up everybody's wine::

Scout19075 Thu 28-Feb-13 20:08:35

SB considered doing the same thing regarding dessert (dessert is usually only offered on days like today, where all he wants to do is eat). Managed to advert it. But it took him about 30-45 minutes to stop rolling around & chatting and just go to sleep.

<<Sigh>>

I booked my biopsy today. <<Nervous>>

beanandspud Fri 01-Mar-13 02:25:03

(((((hugs))))) Scout. Hope tomorrow (today?) is a better one.

Scout19075 Fri 01-Mar-13 05:51:20

How are you feeling, UniS?

Bean, what were you doing seeing that hour?

mistlethrush Fri 01-Mar-13 08:56:22

Sorry it was a bad one Scout. Sometimes, if I couldn't stem the eating before supper I would simply bring it forward a bit (if that was doable) or change course and do something that he could eat that was 'proper' then and there, just to try to sidestep the problem. Although on that sort of day, he was sometimes just tired - he still has similar evenings now!

Abandoning all this weekend for rehearsals - DS is going on a cub day-trip to a chocolate trip and chocolate making followed by a party. Not sure what they're going to get up to on Sunday apart from dog walking and perhaps karate. We shall wait and see how things go - sometimes DH is brilliant with him and sometimes it all goes wrong.

Apple and cinnamon muffins and steaming brew anyone?

beanandspud Fri 01-Mar-13 09:54:19

brew and muffins sound lovely MT!

Scout, I felt really lousy yesterday and went to bed at 7pm with Small Bean. I was then wide awake at 2am and ended up listening to old episodes of desert island discs and reading mn blush. Got another couple of hours sleep from 4am-6am but I feel wrecked again today.

Roll on 4pm when I can switch off my PC, pick up Small Bean and put my jammies back on.

mistlethrush Fri 01-Mar-13 12:26:33

I go through sessions of sleeping peculiarly - and have given up worrying about it, simply get up, make a cup of something and go and put on animal documentaries on the TV or something - which I often then drop to sleep through at 5am ish...

I was woken up on Tuesday night by the dog - I've been in the spare room due to DH being violently ill on Friday night - and we've both needed to catch up on some sleep so I've stayed there this week - dog has had her bed at the bottom of the bed, and I woke up to my toes being licked grin Somewhat surprising at 2am... and even more so given the bed is a divan so fairly high, and she was still lying down - she just has a VERY long neck.

Scout19075 Fri 01-Mar-13 17:03:11

Dinner was super-early tonight due to not much lunch being eaten but knowing SmallBoy was hungry. He looks so tired... I think it might be early bed, too. We're having a cuddle, watching Alphablocks.

Scout19075 Fri 01-Mar-13 19:01:43

Blimey, I thought I was chatty when I got going... SB is in bed talking for England!

UniS Fri 01-Mar-13 19:38:02

On the mend thank you. the lurgy is retreating and I may venture up to the pub later.

Bless him, boy has twigged that his birthday is on a day that is significant for someone else in the family, and is asking if he can "have his birthday a day early" so its not on the same day as X.

beanandspud Fri 01-Mar-13 20:14:24

Glad you're feeling better Unis, a medicinal drink might be just what you need?

Get used to the talking Scout, Small Bean still talks non-stop - he has so much to say that he frequently goes to bed chuntering away.

Can I pour anyone a Friday wine?

Scout19075 Fri 01-Mar-13 20:45:26

He's been talking as he winds down in his bed for a while, but it's usually been just a few minutes -- tonight it was closer to half-an-hour.

I was told today how lovely and confident SB is. Confident. grin Friend was also impressed how I give him money and let him go up to the counter and ask the lady behind the till for what he wants (I'm in sight, mind) and how he asks "May I please have xyz?" then hands over the money and holds his hand out for his change. He then runs back over to the table with his treasure (cookie) and change.

I feel like crap (stupid cold) but watching him ask for his treat and having my friend praise him to me made me feel good.

I think I might have a brew, if that's okay, bean? I can't get warm and I must be ill because I actually want a tea and I tend to only drink tea with cream tea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now