Tearoom 35: Sun, sea and sand...

(990 Posts)
beanandspud Sun 27-Jan-13 20:33:55

This breathtakingly beautiful island has unspoilt powdery white sand beaches, crystalline turquoise waters that wash over pristine coral reefs, and verdant green rainforest.

Scuba diving, snorkelling, kayaking and sailing trips are available and you can discover the island's charms on foot (with or without Mellors the guide) by mountain bike or private island buggy.

For those in need of pampering the spa offers a selection of luxurious treatments to soothe and heal both body and soul.

For dining, enjoy a freshly prepared meal at the tearoom, a picnic on the beach, or a delicious dinner in the oceanfront restaurant with its stunning sea views. There is wine, brew and good company, everybody is welcome.

Scout19075 Wed 06-Mar-13 21:45:03

I'm craving a pizza.....

beanandspud Wed 06-Mar-13 22:02:12

:: Tops up glasses and orders pizza for Scout ::

mistlethrush Wed 06-Mar-13 22:26:02

<brings pizza>

Unis - thanks, that looks a possibility - we were thinking the other way round, but that would help too....

beanandspud Wed 06-Mar-13 22:32:24

MT - has MC recovered and gone back to school?

:: sneaks a piece of Scout's pizza - the slice with goat's cheese and red onion::

mistlethrush Wed 06-Mar-13 22:38:31

Yes. I actually think it was primarily stress induced - something we're going to talk to his (lovely) teacher about on Monday... he's not looking forward to his school outing tomorrow as his class teacher is not going and the music/RE/history teacher is going in his place - and it sounds as though all she does is shout at people.... He was getting told off (shouted at) for fiddling (fair enough) so sat on his hands to stop himself fiddling and got shouted at for thatapparenly... not filled with positive feeling about that!

He would have had today off too if I'd given him the chance, even if it meant missing tomorrow - something that just shows me how big an issue this is in his mind, even if its not actually a big deal in reality.

I'm also not happy that this has effectively meant that I'm going to have to source out of school music opportunities rather than rely upon them to provide opportunities such as choir and junior orchestra.

Jacksmania Thu 07-Mar-13 18:42:29

Poor MC sad - shouty teachers would make me shouty - at the teacher, see how they liked it. Not really, I wouldn't do it, but I'd sure want to.

Could I have a refund for this week? Or cake? Lots of cake? Or Galaxy Cake Bars? Everyone is in a low level grump, including me.

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Thu 07-Mar-13 19:27:07

Behold! Here comes Mellors with the cake tray of requirement!

Scout19075 Thu 07-Mar-13 20:35:12

Does Mellors do packing? Otherwise, can someone give me a swift kick to get moving?

Scout19075 Thu 07-Mar-13 22:39:41

I learned something new just now -- Bonnie Tyler is Welsh. Who knew?

UniS Thu 07-Mar-13 23:06:55

I hope Mellors does packing, coz I'm after you in the queue scout. Can he do mine tomorrow.

mistlethrush Thu 07-Mar-13 23:21:48

As long as he's finished in time to chauffeur me Unis....

I must say, I saw his year one teacher in the car park at school and was very tempted to tell her that she'd made his whole year miserable... But I restrained myself. Perhaps when he's a bit further on!

Jacksmania Fri 08-Mar-13 17:35:23

Yeah, maybe a few more years of distance would be good.

I always swore to myself that if I ever saw that cowbag ;actually two of them) who made my final year in nursing school hell, I would go e her a piece of my mind. Sadly I never have.

beanandspud Fri 08-Mar-13 20:41:20

Boo to shouty teachers! Hope MC is ok, that's awful when one teacher is putting him off going to school. Hope you get it sorted.

Just to give you an update on Small Bean's love life wink... He has a new girlfriend in Year 1 who he now sees at after school club. All is well in his little world smile

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Fri 08-Mar-13 22:55:48

We knew SmallBean would soon be snapped up!

Scout19075 Sat 09-Mar-13 07:16:56

Oooohhhhh, get Small Bean, going for the older girls. wink <<Nothing wrong with younger men/older women, she says, eyeing MrScout.>>

Right, who wants to place bets on when SmallBoy has his first meltdown? He was up until nearly 10 p.m., with only a 15 minute nap around 4:45 p.m., and has been up, awake, and bouncing to come downstairs to "play with trains" since 6:45/6:50 a.m.

Scout19075 Sat 09-Mar-13 22:18:50

What's your favorite (chemical) reaction/s?

Scout19075 Sun 10-Mar-13 09:00:45

Happy Mother's Day!

Jacksmania Sun 10-Mar-13 20:26:07

Happy Mother's Day flowers.

And, of course, wine.

grin

Scout19075 Sun 10-Mar-13 21:43:58

Apologies for the novel, JM!

mistlethrush Sun 10-Mar-13 21:49:17

HOpe the melt down wasn't too bad Scout!

Have you made the model from the train museum (I think you got one too?) - MC made one with his grandparents and its really good and he clearly enjoyed making it and wants to go back for some more!

Good concert at the weekend (playing) - and both mistlehound and mistlechick were pretty well behaved....

Jacksmania Mon 11-Mar-13 04:32:44

Thanks for the novel Scout smile - very interesting, will reply as soon as I can flowers

UniS Mon 11-Mar-13 18:39:27

tea? or wine?

mistlethrush Mon 11-Mar-13 21:15:08

Wine, definitely.

Scout19075 Tue 12-Mar-13 16:32:08

Any chance of a wine and pain killers cocktail? Owwwww.

UniS Tue 12-Mar-13 19:37:22

Mellors is coming over with fluffy white towels and essential oils to ease all your aches and pains, scout.

Oh, and wine obviously.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now