Tearoom 35: Sun, sea and sand...

(990 Posts)
beanandspud Sun 27-Jan-13 20:33:55

This breathtakingly beautiful island has unspoilt powdery white sand beaches, crystalline turquoise waters that wash over pristine coral reefs, and verdant green rainforest.

Scuba diving, snorkelling, kayaking and sailing trips are available and you can discover the island's charms on foot (with or without Mellors the guide) by mountain bike or private island buggy.

For those in need of pampering the spa offers a selection of luxurious treatments to soothe and heal both body and soul.

For dining, enjoy a freshly prepared meal at the tearoom, a picnic on the beach, or a delicious dinner in the oceanfront restaurant with its stunning sea views. There is wine, brew and good company, everybody is welcome.

Jacksmania Sat 02-Mar-13 16:24:05

Good morning all (morning here) - I've just read back a bit and I'm sorry so many of you are feeling crap and have had the lurgy sad

wine or brew as required for stomach aches, colds, headaches and other woes.

Scout, I'm sorry blush I've missed it, but you said you booked a biopsy? Biopsy for what? I've sent you some teaser emails of North Americsn Easter chocs, if you need a care package. ((((((*HUGS*)))))

bean, happy belated birthday (about a full week late, sorry)

I feel like I've been stupidly busy but when I look back I've accomplished nothing, just work and the daily grind. It all feels a bit hamster-wheel-ish.
The main thing on my to-do list is getting my taxes done, which I've been procrastinating rather successfully... and a few million other things...

UniS Sun 03-Mar-13 20:12:54

evening all - enjoying your lunch JM?

Bike ride birthday bash has passed off peacefully. Only one crash and that was Boy trying to overtake fast on a narrow section. Boys then tucked into vast pieces of cake and guzzled fizzy pop before we sent them home tired and happy.

We went to the pantomime yesterday...

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Sun 03-Mar-13 20:28:02

::shouts::

It's behind you, UniS!

UniS Sun 03-Mar-13 22:45:59

Oh no it isn't

mistlethrush Mon 04-Mar-13 09:53:57

Oooh yes it is... and its probably MC desperately trying to keep up with Boy on his new bicycle! grin

Scout19075 Mon 04-Mar-13 20:20:33

There are some lovely elderly people in my town and there are a few fruit loops.

This morning there was a man pointing at me and hissing at SmallBoy "Go back with that woman! Over there! Or someone's going to come and grab you! They'll grab you! They'll grab you and take you away!" hmm I did tell him to back off but I don't think he heard me.

But on Saturday a woman kept chatting and playing with SB at the coffee shop and she gave him a pound coin to "go and buy some sweeties." (We did go to the sweet shop next door and SB bought some chocolate mice, his favorite from the sweet shop, with his coin and happily tucked his change into his pocket.)

UniS Mon 04-Mar-13 21:49:15

ahh, fruit loops., along with trix, the only cereals I know that turn the milk purple.

Scout19075 Mon 04-Mar-13 21:54:08

I don't like Fruit Loops or Trix, but Lucky Charms was always my choice of cereal at Girl Scout camp.

UniS Mon 04-Mar-13 22:00:29

what do lucky charms look like? and do they have random sweeties in?

Scout19075 Mon 04-Mar-13 22:11:11

Lucky Charms has marshmallows in it.

UniS Mon 04-Mar-13 22:27:55

That looks like my kind of cereal. I miss count chocula .

Jacksmania Tue 05-Mar-13 02:32:13

I personally like the new cinnamon toast cereal horrid chemical pile of sugar-, it's my own little diabetic coma in a bowl grin

Scout19075 Tue 05-Mar-13 07:56:47

I used to eat that dry as a snack.

mistlethrush Tue 05-Mar-13 09:21:40

Hmm... you always know a cereal is bad news if you can sit down with a packet and eat it on its own, dry.... blush

Talking of which, twiglet surprise anyone?

Scout19075 Tue 05-Mar-13 10:16:49

SmallBoy eats Cheerios dry as a snack.

Jacksmania Tue 05-Mar-13 15:12:56

Erk. JB has pinkeye and a rotten cough. Happy days...

Which means no preschool tomorrow, so if MIL can't have him, I will need to take the day off. hmm

mistlethrush Tue 05-Mar-13 15:16:01

MC is off school today too - but DH says that he's going back tomorrow because he's been unreasonably chirpy today grin

UniS Wed 06-Mar-13 19:19:28

Surely "eaten as a snack" is a good thing in a cereal. Means its OK to have for breakfast when you run out of milk, or need to make an early start in the car.

mistlethrush Wed 06-Mar-13 19:40:19

UniS - we have a place we can leave DS's bike in our 'porch' bit of the hall - but it would be ideal if we could hang it from the handlebars on a high bit of wall that's perpendicular to the side wall - do you know whether there are any good brackets to get for that job?

Scout19075 Wed 06-Mar-13 19:48:49

Oh yes. The days we have to take MrScout to work SmallBoy gets a baggie of Cheerios and a bottle of milk in the car for breakfast (he's like me and can't/won't eat when he first gets up so we'd have to wait around for him to eat).

mistlethrush Wed 06-Mar-13 19:53:54

we would have to just provide the cereal in the car - we have done the marmalade sandwiches for an early start - that feels very 'holiday' ish

beanandspud Wed 06-Mar-13 19:58:00

Small Bean has been 'dumped' by the girl that he was definitely going to marry sad. She has decided that she will now marry his best friend instead which he is a bit sad about.

Don't worry too much though as apparently he has already found a replacement and there's also a Y2 girl who has said she will wait for him smile.

The trauma of being 5yrs old!

Anyone for wine?

Scout19075 Wed 06-Mar-13 20:32:50

Poor Small Bean! sad

ComeIntoTheGardenMaud Wed 06-Mar-13 20:43:26

Yes please to the wine.

::waggles large glass and proffers a bowl of Twiglet Marengo::

UniS Wed 06-Mar-13 21:41:23

These sort of things might suit your bike storage area MT. IF you need to lock the bike to something at the same time, add a rawl bolt with a large eye, alongside at a suitable height to get a cable lock or length of chain through bike wheels and frame and eye bolt.

[[http://www.edinburghbicycle.com/products/gear-up-off-the-wall-1-bike-vertical-rack ]]

www.wiggle.co.uk/saris-bike-track-cycle-rack/

ohhhh - wine and twiglets, yes please.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now