Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests being run by Mumsnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test, please email insight@mumsnet.com. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic.

NOW CLOSED Kingsmill Fruit & Fibre bread - tester review thread

(261 Posts)
KatieBMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 27-Sep-12 12:43:01

This thread is for the 250 Mumsnetters who have been trying out the new Fruit & Fibre bread from Kingsmill.

If you are a tester please add your feedback to this thread by answering the questions below, as well as any other comments you may have. Everyone who adds their feedback will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a £250 Debenhams voucher.

1) What was your overall impression of Kingsmill Fruit & Fibre bread? Was there anything you particularly liked or disliked?

2) How about your DC? Did they enjoy the taste of Kingsmill Fruit & Fibre bread or not? Was there anything they particularly liked or disliked about the product?

3) Kingsmill says "By eating a slice of Fruit & Fibre bread, your child will start the day by having 35% of their recommended daily wholegrain" - do you think this message would make you more likely to buy the product or not? Why?

4) Now that you've tried it, do you think you would consider buying Kingsmill Fruit & Fibre bread? If so, why? If not, why not? How about other products in the Fruit & Fibre range such as muffins and bagels, do you think you might try any of these? If so why, if not, why not?

5) Finally, if it came up in conversation, do you think you would recommend Kingsmill Fruit & Fibre to your friends/family? If so, why? If not, why not?

Thanks and good luck with the prize draw.

MNHQ

Kneedeepinshittynappies Thu 11-Oct-12 21:13:51

1) What was your overall impression of Kingsmill Fruit & Fibre bread? Was there anything you particularly liked or disliked?
I liked that the loaf wasn't too large so a nice snack size for dc. Dh found it a bit sweet and no-one particularly liked it when it wasn't toasted but I wouldn't have served it that way anyway (DH!)

2) How about your DC? Did they enjoy the taste of Kingsmill Fruit & Fibre bread or not? Was there anything they particularly liked or disliked about the product?
DD appeared to like it as always ate well, 6 mo so couldn't tell me one way or another. DS also enjoyed this as afternoon snack and has since asked for the fruity bread. Friends DD also really enjoyed this and friend will be looking out for this in future.

3) Kingsmill says "By eating a slice of Fruit & Fibre bread, your child will start the day by having 35% of their recommended daily wholegrain" - do you think this message would make you more likely to buy the product or not? Why?
I think the message is great but by the name, ingredients, etc I would have been keen to try anyway as this does convey a healthy start.

4) Now that you've tried it, do you think you would consider buying Kingsmill Fruit & Fibre bread? If so, why? If not, why not? How about other products in the Fruit & Fibre range such as muffins and bagels, do you think you might try any of these? If so why, if not, why not?
I would buy this and will also be looking out for the rest of the range as it's important to have variety with small children.

5) Finally, if it came up in conversation, do you think you would recommend Kingsmill Fruit & Fibre to your friends/family? If so, why? If not, why not?
I took one of the loafs to centre parcs over the weekend and was able to test on my own family and my friends family. I also tried out on my parents. Everyone who tried it did like it, not all loved it but no-one hated it, so would def recommend to others. Will also suggest to playgroup as possible snack for kids as they are always looking for ideas.

SheppySheepdog Fri 12-Oct-12 08:24:18

1) DH and I really liked it. It tastes great and made delicious toast.

2) The children also loved the toast. They weren't so keen on sandwiches made with it though, I think because it has quite a distinctive taste that doesn't necessarily mesh with all fillings.

3) Yes, that would pull me in. I have a fussy eater in the house so am a sucker for healthier alternatives which don't compromise on taste!

4) Yes, I think I will. Very tasty, a bit different and healthy too. Muffins you say?! I think those sound nice, the bread actually had a teacake kind of taste to it.

5) Yes I'd also recommend it on grounds of the taste as healthy eating aspects. DH took some to work and it got glowing reviews there too!

SheppySheepdog Fri 12-Oct-12 08:25:51

Sorry should read and not as.

TheTempest Fri 12-Oct-12 09:14:34

DH, DD and I really liked it. I'm not sure whether it was just my loaf as it tasted fairly cripsy (ou know what it's like just before it goes stale). Still very tasty though.

My DD has been eating it for breakfast and is enjoying it. She likes the fruity in it and asks for fruity bread.

Not really as Wholegrain isn't something I've thought about very much.

Yes, I will be buying it again as it seems to have made my DD enjoy breakfast again! I would definitely buy muffins too and possibly bagels. I think he bagels would be really nice with cream cheese and chorizo.

My mum was there when the bread arrived and she shared it. She wasn't overly enamoured but she would consider buying it for DD and DN. I will be recommending it once I have bought some and seen if it wasn't just the texture.

Thanks for letting me try it!

Nagoo Fri 12-Oct-12 09:28:55

Update: ds has asked me to buy some more. So it looks like I Shall be a regular purchaser! smile

lambethlil Fri 12-Oct-12 11:57:21

Good toasted sized slices, didn't like the flavour.

Disappointed that it wasn't regular cinamony fruit bread

Yes- we don't eat enough whole grain, so knowing this would make me likely to buy it.

I would, but only if they came in a non tangy flavout- is it the mixed fruit?

As an alternative to plain white bread, yes.

Monodia Fri 12-Oct-12 14:16:14

) What was your overall impression of Kingsmill Fruit & Fibre bread? Was there anything you particularly liked or disliked?

Really nice taste, esp with spread and accompanied by coffee/tea. Good proportion of fruit, not too sweet but still counts as a cake alternative to me.

My LO ate two or three slices with spread. This is quite an achievement for a very fussy 14-month-old smile

I personally prefer other sources of fibre but would buy it for my LO to make sure he eats enough wholegrain.

I think I would buy it from time to time, depending on the price, and would gladly try other products in the range provided them being also dairy-free.

I think I would as it is tasty but not too sweet; great breakfast/tea option to consider.

1. Good first impression, didn't look too heavy with a good selection of fruit.

2. DS (18 months) ate it sometimes and other times wasn't bothered (as he is with many things). He often eats toast so I liked it because it was a way of introducing more flavour and interest without messy and sticky toppings. DH liked it a lot and often 'helped' with DS' snack!

3. Yes that would make it more likely - it makes it feel less like a sweet treat.

4. Yes I would, but haven't seen it in tesco yet. I'd also try the bagels and muffins but probably only if they were on a special offer.

5. Yes I think I would. I like the combination of wholemeal and fruit, as well as the fact that it's easy to toast.

cleanandclothed Fri 12-Oct-12 20:55:06

Mine finally arrived!

First impressions - I liked it but probably prefer malt loaf or cinnamon fruit bread. Wasn't really sure about the red fruits.

DS really liked it!

I wouldn't buy it for the fibre content as we eat whole grain bread anyway.

I might buy it again as a treat for DS.

I am not sure I would recommend it but I wouldn't trash it!

bakingqueen Fri 12-Oct-12 23:15:50

1 Dh and my son really didn't like it sorry they didn't like the red fruits that dh thought were cherries but the label didn't say they were in

2 ds didn't like it raw but when it was toasted got a better response from him with it then

3 prob would encourage me to use it to make toast for ds as usually he just has white bread so this would be better for him

4 if the price was right would buy for ds

5 would recommend as a healthy alternative to tea cakes

TheOtherHelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 16-Oct-12 11:49:07

Thanks to all who took part in this product test - we hope you all enjoyed it! I'm pleased to announce that the winner of the prize draw is...

sunnymum44

Congratulations! Il'l PM you to get your details.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now