The Norty Puddlehumpers present.... MUMSNET - THE MUSICAL!!!!

(1000 Posts)
EmpressOfTheSevenFlames Tue 28-Aug-12 14:26:26

Come in! Sit down! Have a wine and the show will start soon!

EmpressOfTheGoldOceans Tue 18-Sep-12 13:14:36

I know it hurts State but it's still lovely.

You're welcome Brian.

This HD business got me thinking. We're not going to get all our threads into Classics. Maybe we should be looking for somewhere quiet and comfy to move the Puddle to when this thread's full.

brian you know you always were my best and my favourite, where can I find this butty van <pregnant and ruled by belly> <inhales left over sausage smell>

Well dd is home, she loved nursery and is going back tomorrow!

PurdyShaky Tue 18-Sep-12 13:50:25

There is a topic called the staff room that is completely empty, I think it would be the perfect place for the puddle.

What do you think? Shall I go and plant a flag?

Maybe not empress but we can try <channels inner comedian> grin

EmpressOfTheGoldOceans Tue 18-Sep-12 14:02:38

Not just yet, Shaky.

We've got a while to go in here yet. I think we should let the whole matter of empty topics die down and then when we're up to 900 or so, quietly move over.

And yes State, we can dream!

PurdyShaky Tue 18-Sep-12 14:47:38

Good idea Empress, I'll behave, I've caused enough trouble already!

I'm going to go back to being Shaky, my new name doesn't suit me and doesn't feel right. I don't recognise myself as Purdey.

<Goes off to name change>

Shaky Tue 18-Sep-12 14:51:09

Ahhh that's better,

I feel like me again now.

EmpressOfTheGoldOceans Tue 18-Sep-12 15:41:21

That's good grin.

It's definitely a good idea though, Shaky. When the time comes.

Shaky Tue 18-Sep-12 17:04:27

I shall be patient

EmpressOfTheGoldOceans Tue 18-Sep-12 19:11:25

Can we visit you in Shaky's Corner?

Shaky Tue 18-Sep-12 19:24:43

Of course you can,

I need a bit of help decorating though so if you could bring a tin of paint and a brush that would be fab.

I have plenty of wine and lemon drizzle cake.

grin

I've got half a tin of 'buzz lightyear green' and some candfloss pink in the garage, it could be like an explosion in a pick n mix factory. Mmm pick n mix.

EmpressOfTheGoldOceans Tue 18-Sep-12 20:38:38

Pick n mix mmm.
I'll come and help too. What's the address?

Shaky Tue 18-Sep-12 20:45:31

Pick & mix is my favourite!

Sounds perfect, I'm always going on about sweets.

You will find me in home decoration!

I would like to state quickly the pinks from dds room, the green ds' not the same room! Realised it made my house sound like some deranged soft play, although its paint from our old house, this ones magnolia I every room <yawns>

Shaky Tue 18-Sep-12 21:25:54

Sounds perfect for my dolly mixtures wall

BrianCoxIsUpTheDuff Wed 19-Sep-12 12:20:42

did somebody mention sweets?

<hands round midget gems>

I was beign so good this morning (oh god it's only 12.18 and have already scoffed my lunch)

Fruit salad this morning
Carrot and low fat hummus dip

Lunch - chicken and basil pasta salad
crisps
midget gems

<eyes philly and ryvita>

I was like this yesterday, insatiable appetite so stuffed myself and then spent the entire afternoon feeling sick as a dog.

Hence me calling in to M&S on the way to work to try and get some healthier food in to me.

Damn you charity sweet box - why do you lurk so outside my office!!!

EmpressOfTheGoldOceans Wed 19-Sep-12 12:53:35

Sounds like you need some distraction, Brian. There's a housewarming / decorating party in Shaky's Corner.

I go through these phases brian I attempt to combat it with lots of fruit in, also dried apricots, raisins and nuts I can just grab and satisfy the sweet and savoury cravings.

I'm off to make dinner --defrost a chili I made last week and warm some tortilla wraps-- dcs are sound school and nursery are exhausting them but I can't manage a main meal at 4.30 or I scoff junk all evening.

BrianCoxIsUpTheDuff Wed 19-Sep-12 20:22:38

mmmm chili.....

I need to work out a more healthier diet. I am just eating in response to hunger because I feel sick so often I never want to think about food IYSWIM. I think about something, it makes me heave. If it is just put in front of me, I happily eat it.

friends and family have kept us going this past month!

I was like that until about 20wks brian tis a pita.

The chili made me feel sick, and I still do, I've told dp he has to cook/reheat everything for me from now on.

I just don't enjoy food unless I eat out/have a take away which is just not good!

BonkeyMollocks Fri 21-Sep-12 14:28:06

Helloooo!

Bloody laptop is dead. Hopefully being fixed as I type!

Anything exciting happening anywhere?

Exciting... Um no. Well I threw my judgy pants to the wind as dp brought me a naice changing bag, I'm not sure I can admit what type blush as he accidentally set fire to the one I had for the older two.

Oh and I have new scales and a mixer <offers round victoria sponge>

EmpressOfTheGoldOceans Fri 21-Sep-12 14:53:35

Thanks State grin
Tea or coffee?

How did your DH manage that?????

BonkeyMollocks Fri 21-Sep-12 16:13:05

Is it a 'yummy mummy' bag State ? grin

And yes how did get set light to your bag!?!?

<snaffles cake>

This thread is not accepting new messages.