Weird things your body does, and you wonder if it happens to others too?

(703 Posts)
OHforDUCKScake Thu 19-Jul-12 21:14:02

I know Im not the only one.

I cant even be arsed to name change, here goes.

Nervous fanny.

You know when someone falls - hard and cracks their chin or elbow or whatever, my stomach drops, I get a shot of anxiety that shoots through the pit of my stomach down to my fanny. Right in the middle of my fanny I get a horrible feeling of anxiety.

Its only started in the last few years, its really unpleasant. Its like a bolt of aniexty, and I ONLY get it when someone hurts themselves. Wtf is that all about?

Anyway, what weird shit does your body do? Confess.

goindowntoyasgursfarm Mon 20-Apr-15 16:45:13

Oh, and the breastfeeding feeling that I got (but only in the first 2 or 3 weeks) was not happy or sad, particularly, but felt like I was tripping! Slightly stoned/psychedelic vision thing going on ...grin

goindowntoyasgursfarm Mon 20-Apr-15 15:10:50

When I start to get really tired in the evenings and am vegging in front of the telly haven't moved for a while, I get the urge to tickle myself really gently, usually up and down my arms but can be neck/torso too, until I can't bear it any more, then I give the area a good scratch. No idea why I'm compelled to do this, but have done it as long as I can remember. Anyone else?!

wallypops Fri 27-Mar-15 14:09:56

I get the vibrating fanny/bum thing - very disconcerting.

I can't sleep on my ears - it cuts of the blood circulation in my ears and it hurts a lot when you let the flow start again.

Re the period stopping over night thing - I thought that's just because of a lack of gravity, so the blood pools until you resume uprightness and it can trickle out?

poppym12 Tue 24-Mar-15 21:39:00

my eyes sweat if i eat strong cheese or too much cheese.

when i have a wee, i have to tickle the top of my right butt cheek to get the last few drops out. (if anyone else tickles my right butt cheek i get an urge to pee).

if i'm in a bad mood, my eyes change colour (apparently).

not had a nervous foof though. i feel i'm missing out confused

redautumnleaves Tue 24-Mar-15 03:03:18

BendyMum, the nervous/sad feeling you get when you start to breastfeed is caused by something called DMER. Dysphoric Milk Ejection Reflex. It's not pleasant. I had this for the first 6 months or so when I bf.

pearpotter Tue 24-Mar-15 02:27:43

Sounds a bit like goitre, mummatron.

www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Goitre/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

winniethewhoo Tue 24-Mar-15 01:54:21

haven't read every page yet but TheNamesTheyAreAChangin I have the belly button - fanjo connection too... WHAT is that about?!

Mummatron3000 Sat 21-Mar-15 07:33:52

I sometimes get like a "cramp" in my throat like something has popped out of place, absolute agony to swallow, I kind of need to stretch my head back and swallow til it pops back into place. Horrible! Have tried to google to find out what it was but didn't come up with anything - anyone else?

Someone near start of thread mentioned getting "shivers" if they heard deep/low whispers - some people call it ASMR (auto sensory meridian response, I think) - lots of different triggers for people, gives u "brain shivers". I sometimes get it if listening to a presentation/lecture which I'm really interested in! Depends on persons voice though. There are loads of videos on YouTube with ASMR triggers.

ItsAKindOfRabbit Wed 21-Jan-15 21:22:42

Not me, but I had a b/f who used to kind of 'spray' from some kind of gland under his tongue when he yawned confused

Green18 Wed 21-Jan-15 21:18:39

Oh just remembered this. Last year I woke up in the middle of a hysterical laugh. I actually laughed out loud and it was the best feeling ever but annoyingly I had no recollection of the dream , just that I knew it was really really funny. My DH was scared to death, it really freaked him out but i felt great and lay there waiting to get back to sleep with a big smile on my face. Not happened since.

Green18 Wed 21-Jan-15 21:12:48

Reading this old thread has been the best laugh i've had for ages( maybe I need to get out more..) Javelin arse stories have had me in stitches. Me and my sister get them when due on and we've always called them bum stabs! They quite literally make me stand on my tip toes and make a face like someone has hooked one of my nostrils for a few seconds until it passes. Thought it was just us!
Yes to flashy light in corner of eye when rubbing it, twitchy eye lid, water collecting fanny, pains/itches on opposite parts of body that make me jump, jerks when dropping off to sleep, hot wet feeling on thighs, weird itch between ear and throat that i scratch by making a weird noise.

It's been like therapy reading it all. Should be compulsory reading for all women.

DeliciousMonster Wed 21-Jan-15 08:42:05

Whoever bumped this is a genius.

I get the Alice one, but it is when I am mid argument or have had a row with someone [doesn't happen often] or when I am angry and try to sleep that day.

Gleeking

Itchy but triggers somewhere else, due to nerves being connected in the body I suppose.

And not mentioned:
When I lie down on my left side, I get the burps. I also get this no matter if my body is face up or down, but if my head is to the left, I get burps. I burp and burp and it comes from right down in my stomach. I cannot stop this. Unless I turn over. I asked a doctor once about it and she said 'OOh [waving her hands about] we are all different aren't we'. Well, thanks for that love.

50ShadesofGreyMatter Wed 21-Jan-15 05:08:13

Going deaf when stretching-check
Sleep falling-check
Rush of saliva means throwing up is imminent-check

If I scratch my back the itch moves and continues to do so after each bit is scratched-quite satisfying this one!

Please can I have the orgasm after weeing one grin

BroodySince22 Tue 20-Jan-15 22:40:55

oh and sometimes I feel like I'm in a daze when walking around, like nothing feels real... I sometimes feel a sense of urgency and the need to rush around even when I don't need to.

BroodySince22 Tue 20-Jan-15 22:37:02

Queefing after 'doing it' from behind. WHY does this happen. Most embarrassing thing EVER lmao.

Thoughtfulduck Tue 20-Jan-15 17:39:00

Whenever I drink alcohol, about 5 minutes after my first sip I get a cramping pain in my shoulders...it only lasts about 5-10 minutes but it freaks me out! It happens every time! Any one else experience this?!

IWantFairyWings Thu 04-Dec-14 14:29:00

When I'm nearly asleep, loud or sudden noises register as flashes of light.
Also, holding partly-used batteries makes my fingers ache!

aylesburyduck Wed 19-Nov-14 21:57:24

Whenever I eat cheese my eyebrows sweat.

MrsWolowitz Sun 05-Oct-14 08:11:36

I can also smell bogies sometimes.

MrsWolowitz Sun 05-Oct-14 08:10:51

I shake when I'm even moderately excited. hmm

if I'm watching a tense film my teeth can chatter I'll shake that much. I work in a public role, if I'm faced with an angry client I'm more than happy to deal with it and don't feel nervous but I'll shake and sometimes can't even write because I'm shaking so much. I hate it because I hate the thought of them thinking I'm scared of them.

hmm

ZingOfSeven Sun 05-Oct-14 07:28:14

I just remembered a lot more

my knees go cold when I breastfeed but only if I lie down

I feel dizzy and sick if I hit my shin, ankle bones or knees. not if I hurt any other parts

I'm allergic to kiwis (don't know anyone else)

I hear electric humming and high piched whistling & noises others don't seem to. Some of it can cause a panic attack. If the tv is on mute downstairs but switched on I can hear it's on while in a different room, with doors closed, even if I'm upstairs. I have hyperacusis.

my sister can burp on demand. proper ones not just the air swallow types.

my DS2 has that thing a pp mentioned about everything suddenly looking tiny/far away. no trigger seemingly, it just happens, lasts for a few minutes then goes.

when I paint my nails they feel heavy. if I put two coats of nail varnish on they feel heavier than with just one coat.

when kids have fever I can tell within +/- 0.5C degree accuracy of how hot they are just by touching the back of their neck. most of the time I'm spot on.

I also have migraines with aura. it starts with a flashing spot that grows bigger. it blocks my vision. as it gets smaller the headache starts. got one right now

I can smell in the air when it's about to snow.

I can see tiny flashing spots everywhere not long before a storm breaks out

ZingOfSeven Sun 05-Oct-14 06:49:48

oh and when I use earbuds in my left ear it makes me cough. right ear - nothing.
some of my kids are the same.

ZingOfSeven Sun 05-Oct-14 06:47:05

if I cry a lot my eye colour changes slightly from grey-blue to green-blue.

Some rooms feel comfortable/uncomfortable, safe/unsafe, happy/sad, calm/angry etc even without people in it. I can't even explain what I mean by that.
I also have a feeling of what is the "safest" area/direction in any room or place and prefer to sit with that behind my back. if I can't I feel unsafe.

equally I prefer to sleep "upright" with my head towards North. I'm ok sleeping "sideways", with my head towards East or West (in that order) but I can not sleep "upside down", head pointing towards South. even the thought makes me feel panicky, like I'd fall down.

I can wake myself up from a bad dream by forcing myself to shake my head while still in the dream.

However I'm incapable of holding in a fart. I don't know how others "suck it back" so it doesn't happen.confused

CatWitch Sun 05-Oct-14 06:23:30

I also smell cigarette smoke sometimes hours or days before I have a seizure or severe migraine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now