Weird things your body does, and you wonder if it happens to others too?

(720 Posts)
OHforDUCKScake Thu 19-Jul-12 21:14:02

I know Im not the only one.

I cant even be arsed to name change, here goes.

Nervous fanny.

You know when someone falls - hard and cracks their chin or elbow or whatever, my stomach drops, I get a shot of anxiety that shoots through the pit of my stomach down to my fanny. Right in the middle of my fanny I get a horrible feeling of anxiety.

Its only started in the last few years, its really unpleasant. Its like a bolt of aniexty, and I ONLY get it when someone hurts themselves. Wtf is that all about?

Anyway, what weird shit does your body do? Confess.

Beepbopboop Mon 23-May-16 00:30:25

And sometimes I get the sensation of water dripping down my legs. But when I look there is no water.

Beepbopboop Mon 23-May-16 00:28:25

If my electric toothbrush runs out of battery and I have to use a manual one my teeth feel like marshmallows.
Whilst exercising sometimes I can hear/feel a ticking in my brain.
Every time I go outside I sneeze within a minute.
After drinking alcohol my teeth really really ache the next day, and after just one drink my hands/arms go numb. (Lightweight)
After sex I always hiccup. hmm

Ohmygodareyouserious Thu 19-May-16 15:18:55

I used to get little shooting pains in my head all the time, not painful just worrying. I went to the Doc and he said 'are they like little electric shocks? yes I said, 'that is exactly what they are like' (thankful that I was not going mad) and he said 'I have no idea what that is'??

PissOffJournalists Fri 06-May-16 15:14:23

Reading a story out loud makes me yawn. No idea why because I manage to hold conversations perfectly well without yawning so why should reading aloud be any different? confused

Dizzybintess Thu 05-May-16 22:38:07

I have a nerve on my back that when massaged makes me twitch like a carp flopping about on a beach!!!

PissOffJournalists Mon 02-May-16 17:35:56

Using an electric toothbrush makes me need a pee.

knitknack Mon 02-May-16 09:08:58

Omg boomer - I have that tick too! Sorry to post on this old thread but I'm just so glad to hear that I'm not alone! smile

HarimadSol Mon 04-Jan-16 18:53:13

I sometimes have a full-body shiver just after a wee.

I get one strong hiccup after the first drink of a cold can of Coke.

I can give myself a mild case of goosebumps on each limb by lightly tickling the associated quadrant of my abdomen.

AgeingArtemis Mon 04-Jan-16 16:13:31

I don't get the "nervous fanny" thing, but I get a similar anxiety feeling in the sole of my foot

I often get a weird (mildly unpleasant, but not horrible) feeling in my vagina/vulva area when drinking alcohol- I'd be really interested to know if anyone else gets this as I've done a quick google and can't find anything!

Boomerwang Mon 04-Jan-16 08:08:53

Chewing raisins makes my teeth sensitive and they all feel loose in my gums. Only the dark raisins not the soft sultanas.

I've also had javelin arse, a buzzing fanjo and linked nerves (upper inner thigh waxing used to create all sorts of sensations over my body)

I have some kind of 'tic' which makes me draw in my arm and tense the muscles so that the forearm and upper arm come together (like a T Rex's upper arms held close to the body). It makes me feel like I'm 'resetting' myself. When I'm typing I often have to scratch one of my fingers with my thumbnail to do the same 'reset'. I also shake down an imaginary watch on my other arm. I haven't worn a watch for about ten years and when I did it never slipped down my arm.

Binkybix Wed 30-Dec-15 21:00:46

When I'm very tired it really feels like I'm wearing a hat.

MothertotheLordsofmisrule Mon 28-Dec-15 22:04:56

I sneeze with extra strong mints and when drinking bitter.

I also seem incapable of not biting my own cheeks when eating.

WitchWay Sat 26-Dec-15 20:06:32

Javelin Arse has a proper medical name: Proctalgia Fugax grin

I get "nervous bladder" if I see someone, usually a child, falling over or doing something dangerous - a horrible need-to-wee feeling in the bottom of my abdomen

Sneezing with extra strong mints & eyebrow plucking

Fanny bubbles

JohnThomas69 Wed 16-Dec-15 04:30:57

Quite often while at rest I get a sudden burst of fast successive heartbeats which end with the feeling that it's beat so hard it's rattled the back of my throat resulting in a short coughing fit.

sazza76 Tue 08-Dec-15 04:48:12

I get hiccups when I eat burgers, bacon or sausages but not with pork!

LovelyKittenMittens13 Tue 01-Dec-15 02:54:20

Oops..well

Everytime i get near sharp things..my wrist is itchy..I cant stop scratching till I get away
Is it because I used to do self harm and it's calling me again?

LovelyKittenMittens13 Tue 01-Dec-15 02:52:36

Nooo

goindowntoyasgursfarm Mon 20-Apr-15 16:45:13

Oh, and the breastfeeding feeling that I got (but only in the first 2 or 3 weeks) was not happy or sad, particularly, but felt like I was tripping! Slightly stoned/psychedelic vision thing going on ...grin

goindowntoyasgursfarm Mon 20-Apr-15 15:10:50

When I start to get really tired in the evenings and am vegging in front of the telly haven't moved for a while, I get the urge to tickle myself really gently, usually up and down my arms but can be neck/torso too, until I can't bear it any more, then I give the area a good scratch. No idea why I'm compelled to do this, but have done it as long as I can remember. Anyone else?!

wallypops Fri 27-Mar-15 14:09:56

I get the vibrating fanny/bum thing - very disconcerting.

I can't sleep on my ears - it cuts of the blood circulation in my ears and it hurts a lot when you let the flow start again.

Re the period stopping over night thing - I thought that's just because of a lack of gravity, so the blood pools until you resume uprightness and it can trickle out?

poppym12 Tue 24-Mar-15 21:39:00

my eyes sweat if i eat strong cheese or too much cheese.

when i have a wee, i have to tickle the top of my right butt cheek to get the last few drops out. (if anyone else tickles my right butt cheek i get an urge to pee).

if i'm in a bad mood, my eyes change colour (apparently).

not had a nervous foof though. i feel i'm missing out confused

redautumnleaves Tue 24-Mar-15 03:03:18

BendyMum, the nervous/sad feeling you get when you start to breastfeed is caused by something called DMER. Dysphoric Milk Ejection Reflex. It's not pleasant. I had this for the first 6 months or so when I bf.

pearpotter Tue 24-Mar-15 02:27:43

Sounds a bit like goitre, mummatron.

www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Goitre/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

winniethewhoo Tue 24-Mar-15 01:54:21

haven't read every page yet but TheNamesTheyAreAChangin I have the belly button - fanjo connection too... WHAT is that about?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now