Of Mice & Maltesers - chat thread for round five!

(171 Posts)

Looking forward to some good books. Should be interesting...

johnworf Tue 30-Oct-12 23:00:59

I think what has happened is thus: when we finished the last round, my book came back to me along with another book. I didn't know why.

I figure that now that book is back in the circle, when the person it belongs to eventually gets it, then take it back out if the system.

Sorry for confusion. Not helped by Royal Mail not delivering Octobers book!

Thanks for this.

stickylittlefingers Wed 31-Oct-12 23:07:40

I have posted a book to arti today, which was AP's book. Which I loved. All good. Will look out for new book tomorrow!

LolaLadybird Thu 01-Nov-12 13:04:08

Hi. I have posted Aristocat's book to AP today, hopefully with you tomorrow. Really enjoyed it, looking forward to the next one.

aristocat Thu 01-Nov-12 17:22:53

What was the favourite book from the last round? Have we not decided or did I miss it?

I will be able to post to you on Monday Lola just need a few days longer to finish it smile

LolaLadybird Thu 01-Nov-12 17:50:35

No problem Aristo - I will start on something else in the meantime. Have just finished Something Might Happen by Julie Myerscough. Has anyone read it? Very, very sad - was blubbing at the end ... sad

I got it today, thanks Lola - it's one I've been meaning to read for ages, so I can't wait to get started.

artifarti Sat 03-Nov-12 12:42:21

Book received slf - and excellent chocolate choice!

Itsjusta we have been down in Devon all week so tardy at posting. Will be in the post on Monday; it's only a slim jim so hopefully won't take long to read.

I haven't received my book back from the last round - johnworf, did it get to you in the end?

Has everyone started threads on their book?

Dysgu Sat 03-Nov-12 19:52:24

Hi all,
We have just arrived home after a week in London - not a relaxing holiday but lots of business being tourists!

Anyway, I have just opened a parcel containing two books, both of which have got Arti's name inside them. One of them came this way on the last round so I am guessing that one needs to go home to Arti? I think I must have sent this one to JohnWorf on the last round and it has come back this way instead of carrying on its way... (*Arti*- if you PM me your address, I will send your book home - is CoL by KM.)

The other book must be Arti's from this round which must be my book for this month.

JohnWorf's book for last month has not arrived - should I sort out getting a replacement? (If so, JohnWorf, can you PM me your book choice for this round please?)

All of this means that I do not have a book to send to aristocat for this month.

aristocat Mon 05-Nov-12 21:50:56

sad sad @ no book this month already. I will post to you tomorrow lola

johnworf Tue 06-Nov-12 20:48:04

Ok so the mystery of the extra book is solved smile Thanks dysgu. I am really fed up with Royal Mail. I can't believe you got the second book parcel before the first one. I'm glad I put my name on the back of the packet...I do hope it comes back to me.

I can only apologise on their behalf dysgu sad I'll PM you my choice.

Thank you for the book and choc - they arrived today.

Dysgu, do you want us to postpone posting at the end of this month to let you catch up?

LolaLadybird Thu 08-Nov-12 21:29:37

Aristo - thank you for the book and yummy chocolates, they arrived today. Looks like a goodie ...

johnworf Tue 13-Nov-12 12:14:52

So today, the postman brought my book back that I sent to Dysgu back in October. It says on the package tried to deliver on 12th October and the package 'was not called for' hmm I'm betting no card was left for this and they've just taken it straight back to the depot and NOT FECKING TOLD ANYONE. Pah!

stickylittlefingers Fri 16-Nov-12 12:14:13

I posted to arti. I know it's early, but I thought with Christmas and everything coming up, if I didn't post now I'd probably forget til February... plus if Arti does have time spare now it might be helpful.

johnworf I had that with a parcel I tried to send to aristo last round. It is REALLY annoying, I sympathise.

Dysgu Fri 16-Nov-12 20:53:29

The replacement book (JW's choice) arrived yesterday so will be packaged and in the post to aristocat tomorrow. I have recorded the title on my wishlist and will catch up at some stage - probably over Christmas or even next spring once I start my maternity leave.

As for 'not being called for' - that is odd as we have FABULOUS postmen here! I was sent home from work last Thursday and arrived home to 2 red cards telling me I had to go to the sorting office to pick things up - one Royal Mail and one Parcel Force.

Within 20 minutes of me walking through the door, our RM postman was knocking at the door, "I saw you drive past me on * Road so thought I would bring this package back."

I asked if he happened to have the other parcel too (both needed to be signed for as otherwise they leave everything with neighbours) - he checked the card for me and told me it would be 'Andy...he's still around. If I see him I will send him back."

My other parcel, with Andy from PF, was in my hands within ten minutes (I was still on the phone with my mum after coming through the door having been sent home from work!)

Anything not needing a signature is left two doors down - this is a regular thing so unless we had a stand-in postman....

Anyway, no worries about posting as long as aristo has time to read it before the end of the month.

artifarti Sat 17-Nov-12 16:54:14

Thanks slf! That's really handy actually as I'm starting a course in January so trying to read course books as well but have no time to read anything! The book looks nice and seasonal too smile Thanks for the chocolate too - the last one just had seasalt in but this has caramelly bits too - it's just about the most perfect chocolate!

stickylittlefingers Sat 17-Nov-12 19:37:09

Excellent on all fronts smile

artifarti Sun 18-Nov-12 17:10:25

itsjusta - I have finished AP's book so let me know if you would like it earlier to give you more time over Christmas.

aristocat Thu 22-Nov-12 22:12:11

no book yet for me sad

have you posted it Dysgu?

aristocat Mon 26-Nov-12 14:37:04

I am still book-less sad

Oh dear - I will email Dysgu tonight and see if it's been posted.

Dysgu Mon 26-Nov-12 21:00:48

Hi all - I did replace the book and gave it to DP last week to post from the mainland in the hope that it would reach aristocat quicker that way. He passed it to his admin assistant and will chase it up tomorrow and check that it did actually leave the office!

I also still have arti's book from the last round as it made its way back to me - I think it came in the wrong direction. Please PM me the address so that it can make its way home, arti

Hope all are well..

grin. Happy St Andrew's day!

SLF, I've not finished the book yet, but have ordered it out the library, so I'll post at the weekend. Have the MIA books turned up yet? Do we need to pause for a month to let people catch up? Let me know what you think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now