When organising a Mumsnet meet up you should take the same basic precautions you would when meeting anyone from the internet - make sure you meet in a public place and that others know where you are going. You can also meet up with other mums on your Mumsnet Local page. Find your Local page here.

North East Christmasish night out!

(188 Posts)
Indith Thu 18-Oct-12 15:57:05

dates suggested- 17th Nov, 24th Nov or 1st Dec? Majority vote wins.

Where? Cocktails in Ebony in Durham from 7/7.30 ish then on to wherever can fit us in with an 8.30 booking within tottering distance from Ebony. My vote would be The Capital grin.

BrittaPerry Sat 01-Dec-12 15:06:38

What time are we likely to finish?

Indith Sat 01-Dec-12 15:14:17

I don't have a clue.

SPB, golden and I have a taxi booked for 11.30.

BrittaPerry Sat 01-Dec-12 15:27:38

Hmm, I'm going to lookinto a taxi I think. Buses might be cheaper, but setting off at 23:10 involves a night bus from Gateshead and has me home at 00:45 shock and if I miss that, the next journey is at 00:27 and has me home at 01:19. Which is a bit extreme. I don't usually mind long bus journeys, but I don't fancy getting my ipad out that late at night...

Britta- replied to your pm. I'm getting the 20 to Sunderland but not sure how you'd then get on to washington.

BrittaPerry Sat 01-Dec-12 19:55:10

Got as far as Ebony, but it was just too crowded blush

Have retreated to somewhere else, will attempt again to meet you all at The Capital. Determined to make it, I didn't come all the way to Durham for a half pint by myself!

Indith Sun 02-Dec-12 08:30:32

was good to see you all last night and lovely to meet you golden smile

KaraStarbuckThrace Sun 02-Dec-12 08:31:03

Had a great time, lovely to see you all, and meet you, Golden! Sorry we didn't get much chance to chat, hopefully will do on the 11th --assuming she doesn't think we are all a bunch of vipers--grin
DD woke at 8, had some of DH's burrito shock then went back to sleep! Think slept until about 1am when she fed like I was an all you can eat buffet...

FivesAndNorks Sun 02-Dec-12 09:05:19

yes it was a good night smile Lovely cocktails too, I quite fancy another of those raspberry things, though probably an alcohol free one at the moment!

BrittaPerry Sun 02-Dec-12 10:30:14

Was really good to see you all :-)

Indith Sun 02-Dec-12 10:33:53

Cocktails were yummy. I got back to find ds2 asleep on dh. He hadn't taken any milk but was happy enough to just fall asleep on daddy. He woke shortly after we all went to bed and then fed and fed and fed and actually slept quite deeply and nicely next to me instead of his usual tossing and fretting but I lay awake snuggling him going "I've been drinking need to be careful, shouldn't be bedsharing, don't squash the baby". Then at 6am I went to the loo, came back and he was sprawled over the bed so I shifted him back to his bed and he woke up so I kicked him and dh out but then the big ones woke so I mainly lay in bed trying to sleep while listening to them playing way too noisily and dh's occasional telling them to be quiet. <sigh>

Lovely night and thanks to ischel for the lift. Nice to meet you golden, hope we will see you at some more meet ups.

I'm feeling surprisingly chipper this morning considering the cocktails and wine. I'm even going to attempt some christmas crafty things with the children this afternoon possibly the alcohol is still in my system

Indith Sun 02-Dec-12 11:51:32

grin

goldenretriever Mon 03-Dec-12 19:14:43

Good company and good food - took mind a bit off the upcoming stressy week! Hope to make a future meet up once Christmas shenanigans are out if the way

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now