Run out of tears. Positive stories & UnMN hug DESPERATELY needed please

(107 Posts)
ilikecooking Sat 30-Mar-13 06:44:44

Does anyone have a positive story to share with me please?

Battled with & overcome eating disorder of 32 years to be fit enough to have a happy healthy pregnancy which on its own took all my strength, willpower & every ounce of emotion out of me.

I've left it so late that the ultrasound for IVF egg collection has showed I only have one follicle. As if that isn't bad enough, it's so small that they think it doesn't contain any eggs.

I'm so stupid. If I'd have dealt with the eating disorder sooner rather than bury it I would have been ok. Previous tests from a decade showed that.

Does anyone have any experience of conceiving via egg donation? Or do you have any positive stories about conception from only one follicle?

Or even if you have a spare unMN hug going. Every time I think I've run out of tears, the waterfalls start again.

Hope you are having a happy Easter with lots of good eggs.xx

ilikecooking Fri 26-Apr-13 13:13:46

Thankyou xx

GP completely understands why I don't want to do more blood & urine preg tests. He agrees that it will physically & mentally hurt me & there is nothing to be gained from re-testing.

The one saving grace (looking on the + side) is that as s/he was so small, there are no loose floaty bits that need surgically removing.

The one bit of the cycle that didn't use drugs, the only part of the whole conception that happened naturally. I can't even get that right. sad

Have to attend an obligatory grievance counselling session....I'm right back at where I was all those years ago with the grieving. Ugh.

Hence the title of the thread.....

Thankyou once again for your support.
x

Andcake Tue 30-Apr-13 19:48:31

Just read what happened - I am so v v v sorry. Look after yourself.

ilikecooking Wed 05-Jun-13 20:45:04

Not sure if any of you are keen enough to know (I know we all live such busy lives) but in case you're reading this & would like an update....

Ding ding, round 2.

Hospital have done a u-turn. They asked me several times throughout my last attempt at IVF to cancel due to statistical 97% chance of retrieving no eggs. I proved them wrong, got my BFP then miscarried BUT they're now willing to let us try again because we did so amazingly well last time, exceeding all expectations.

Not only that, I explained that psychologically it was doing more harm than good making me wait a few months so as of yesterday, we're now in another cycle (smile)

<<Repeat to myself....Eating disorder is at bay, eating disorder is at bay, eating disorder is at bay...>>

Cooking,
Having just read through hs thread, and being very new to the site, I just wanted to wish you all the best in this next phase of your IVF. You've had to go though so much, and your strength throughout has been really inspiring.
Sending you all the baby dust I got.
x

TWinklyLittleStar Thu 06-Jun-13 14:50:35

Best of luck for this cycle. I hope it works out for you x

resipsa Thu 13-Jun-13 07:43:15

Everything crossed for you. If babies were awarded for tenacity, you'd be next in line. Very best of luck .

ilikecooking Sat 06-Jul-13 23:02:50

Thankyou for your support....just to let you know I produced no follies and therefore no eggs this time.

There won't be any more times.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now