Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns we suggest you consult your GP.

***Tamoxifen 32***

(990 Posts)

step this way dear ones...the trolley will be here in a sec...

snailsontour Mon 18-Feb-13 14:52:31

Mas, friends of mine have two rescue greyhounds - they are adorable, and as a breed I have to say they are the most docile and patient dogs I've ever come across.

Copthallresident Mon 18-Feb-13 17:10:16

Lone wish you were my vet! Mine tells me off for the scratches on goon dogs face but I am at a loss to know how to stop psychocat hiding and then ambushing him. MAS It's the dog you should worry for! At the moment she is on hard drive of computer under my desk and he has sussed she is there, and is skipping back and forth just keeping out of her reach, around the chair behind me. Great game which they are both enjoying but it is quite hard to keep a train of thought going in my writing up when it is like a scene from a nature programme and I feel I should provide a commentary like David Attenborough. "As cat and dog play out their age old rivalry the cat clearly has the upper hand"......... Meanwhile relaxed gentle sweetiepie cat who doesn't wind him up has positioned herself so I have to stroke her every time I use the (computer) mouse.

Goon dog is actually very well trained when he wants to be, has an impressive vocabulary of commands and tricks, he is a rescue border collie, sacked because he was scared of sheep..............but he is definitely the biggest idiot we have had to cope with (Dad has long rescued them). He can tunnel under / dismantle a fence, no problem, (although I suspect collusion from the foxes. Chicken wire would not be a challenge, his greatest escapology feat so far (it is actually a fence war with the fox next door) was to gnaw through a three inch thick Clematis stalk and the huge climbing rose it was growing through to dismantle the trellising behind and then unweave the lap fencing (he mastered that trick as a puppy) all of which must have been done in shifts under cover of darkness or when my back was turned, since he normally rarely leaves my side for long!! I replaced the wooden trellis with a metal one and he found a way to bend that to get through!! I really do think that next I will find him revving his motorbike up and down the fence like Steve McQueen...

However I have been firmly convinced since adolescence that you can handle anything in life with the understanding and love of a Border Collie, and goondog is a star in that department, probably because he has love where the collie brains should be, no one with the possible exception of my mother has ever given me such unconditional love and adoration!

Oh well that bit of doggy indulgence should have distracted from a few more minutes of pre results angst................. As we keep banging on it is horrible waiting, worse than knowing, either way. I am actually much better at not worrying about what hasn't happened yet, since IT actually happened IYSWIM.

snails envy at your nipples and campervan, though sad at MD. Very good friend has had it for 20 years now, started when her children were young, she is at the stage of the world being a very impressionist painting but she still gets on with things, even hiking, we got the vocal guiding down to a fine art. The big things are OK, it is small things like making sure knives are where she is used to them being in the drawer. However she is the jolliest person I know and had some of her quilts exhibited in a London gallery as part of the cultural Olympiad for the Paralympics.

snailsontour Mon 18-Feb-13 20:15:57

Thanks for the positive words copt, I need positive stories about AMD. I still can't quite believe it, but having googled extensively, as you do, I'm not surprised as my dad has it, he's registered blind, and it can be hereditary.
At the minute I have no symptoms, so I am attacking it with diet as that's all you can do.
I honestly thought this year would be better than the last one, so this really floored me.
Still, I'm back on track - and I have nipplessmile

jchocchip Tue 19-Feb-13 06:06:02

Morning all thanks for the best wishes for the funeral which went ok.
Off to the big city now!

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 19-Feb-13 09:21:39

Copt I have just watched the mobile mop and my tailless wonder cat dancing the dance in the garden. The nicest thing of all is in the evening when I am knitting or crocheting when gradually one by one the animals join me on the sofa. The first animal arrives confidently then the others by stealth so as not to disturb the incumbent. Eventually all three and myself are on the sofa together.

topsyturner Tue 19-Feb-13 09:41:09

I can't imagine a house without animals in it .
On the rare occasion that pig/dog isn't here (as much as the big oaf annoys me sometimes !) the house feels so quiet !

Celeste is quite a bold cat and biffed the Rhodesian ridgeback (who is a sweetie) on the nose...mmm,will continue to work on dh.
Sending some work off today, taking it easy this week I think,though will do some work. Ds still in bed but must chivvy him to do some revision.
Glad funeral was ok jane - have fun in the big smoke.

KurriKurri Tue 19-Feb-13 10:29:11

Morning all, - still catching up on your posts smile
Welcome back snails, - hooray for nipples, sorry to hear about the eye problem though - my Dad had AMD and glaucoma, - but both were kept at bay, - he never lost his sight even though he was DX in his late fifties and lived to be 91. I think the fact that they have picked it up is certainly a good thing.

jane - I'm glad the funeral went as well as these things can go, how are you settling in at new work place?

Lone - you are doing the right thing by keeping occupied, and as you say, one week gone now.

I've got an appointment with my plastic surgeon this afternoon, in which she decides whether or not I am still too fat to have my reconstruction (I suspect I may be sad) - I have lost quite a lot of weight, just not enough yet. If she says no, I'll have to go back to square one and get re referred, which will be a complete pain as last time it took six months for them to sort out the referral. So wish me luck - I think I shall need it!

Waving to everyone, I'm off to blitz the house as this appointment is making me nervous so I need to redirect my nervous energy.

KurriKurri Tue 19-Feb-13 10:31:30

Oh forgot to say, - DS and DDIL-to-be, have set a wedding date for December 2014 - that's when they think they will have saved enough t pay for it. It's going to be a Nineteen Forties themed wedding, and they have booked a big Swing Band - so should be fun smile

amberlight Tue 19-Feb-13 11:34:20

Hi all. Keeping everything crossed for those waiting nervously for good answers/cunning plans.
Ooo, wedding? Excellent! smile

snailsontour Tue 19-Feb-13 11:41:31

Hi kurri, I'm also pleased my AMD has been picked up soon too, although it's a worry, at least it has enabled me to further tweak my diet! Spinach yum yumsmile
Hope your ps appointment goes well as all this waiting and referrals really holds you back doesn't it! Not too sure what the rules are for weight, but think the worry is more about the anaesthetic - better safe than sorry!
A wedding to look forward to - now that is NICEsmile

KurriKurri Tue 19-Feb-13 13:23:38

Yes you are right snails - it is the anaesthetic, I was given a deadline to lose some weight, and I haven't quite managed to lose all of it, I have lost some though, just maybe not enough.

It's good that the wedding is over eighteen months away - that gives me time to become thin and glamorous hmm and to choose an embarrassing hat grin

waving to amber and everyone else I missed earlier. House is very tidy now, - I think I may have a bath and shave my hobbity legs (the hair must weigh at least a couple of pounds grin)

loads of good thoughts and fingers crossed kk
smile xxxxxxx

oh and hooray for wedding date !! (if I can oblige with a custom made wedding invitation design, you know where to come ! )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now