Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns we would urge you to consult your GP.

how the heck do I support DH tomorrow if the consultant tells him he has cancer?

(690 Posts)
MrsShrek3 Mon 23-Jul-12 22:57:20

sigh. just that. DH has Big lump in neck. Various doctors, registrars and pathologists looking very worried and saying he "should have been told more". Appointment with his own consultant tomorrow afternoon. Worried sick, but wtf do I do to help him? He doesn't want me to go with him, he;d rather I keep the children with me.

ShrekTh3Halls Thu 20-Dec-12 21:44:38

great update corny. so smile to hear from you, lots more good vibes your way.
DH going for the bank robber look atm even in the houseblush am going to resist buying him any more hats or scarves for Christmas grin

cornycarrotshack Thu 20-Dec-12 23:28:23

grin bankrobber look!

lisad123 Sun 23-Dec-12 16:05:16

How are you all holding up? The stress of cancer and Xmas must be awful for most confused
The stay in cottage wasn't as relaxing as I hoped, mainly due to my parents and floods, but we are home,mw arm and chilling with DVD whole dh sleeps.
Thinking of you all x

cornystollenslave Sun 23-Dec-12 16:16:55

floods - oh no! Hope it wasn't too stressful for you.

dh struggling a bit more with this cycle again, although he said he feels more like himself today. He says he feels guilty cos he's not helping out enough, although I've spent most of today lying on the couch eating turkish delight and mning whilst he's been to the shops...<bad wife emoticon>

ShrekTh3Halls Sun 23-Dec-12 20:10:35

good on ya corny smile
eeek at floods. hope you had a good break, lisa (the views were awesome I believe wink)
we had a one-night Christmas holiday treat. Which turned into a 'mare because dh and I both felt rubbish (for different reasons, obv) and dd was sick [eww] ahh well. Just proves the motto of this year, again.... Do Not Plan Anything particularly anything nice because it will go tits up I also need to figure out where to find approx two stone (other than on the DH's backside) and steal it to keep my trousers up. Even my skinny jeans are falling down hmm confused

lisad123 Sun 23-Dec-12 21:38:29

Ladies, I'm not sure how many of you know but Macmillian do a one off fund payment to cover extras needed during cancer treatments ect. Things like to help with extra heating costs, newer clothes due to weight loss and even a short break. Might be of use to most of you grin

Turningupsidedown Mon 24-Dec-12 21:43:17

Hello, hope everyone is holding up ok. Cancer mixed with Christmas is a very strange thing.

Lol at the bank robber impersonators grin Sorry everyone's attemps at breaks were hit by floods and illness..sad DH had his appointment today, with yet another new consultant, who asked us to tell her all about it from the start yet again and then said she had none of the notes so couldn't decide anything and booked a new appointment for the 2nd of january confused

Hope everyone has managed to cope with it all and get ready for tomorrow. Chaos reigns here, but then that is the new normal! I panic bought some really strange presents at the last minute so there may be some very confused faces tomorrow grin

Thanks for that info Lisa I am another one who needs new jeans, or at least more holes in my belt to keep them up grin

overthemill Thu 27-Dec-12 10:13:54

Just popping in to say belatd happy Christmas to mrsshrek and others. I have chemo no 11 tomorrow and oh my word I am dreading it as had an extra day off due to xmas timing.
Sorry to hear of your troubles mrsshrek but I hope you have had peaceful time. Much love

ShrekTh3Halls Thu 27-Dec-12 21:04:21

chemo 11 shock best of luck.

wishing us all a better 2013 smile

Roll on 2013.

December has been a fucking shite month, Mr Daisy has been in hospital for all but 5 days of it. Mostly for an infection which wouldn't go, and then for tremendous chest pain which turned out to be caused by a swollen liver which was caused by the infection and shockingly damaging antibiotics used to get rid of it.

My jeans are also working their way south; and they're ones I couldn't get over my thighs in the summer. Glad I'm not the only one!

Chemo no 11! Good luck. How many more to go?

NicknameHistory Sat 29-Dec-12 20:48:56

poor mr daisy. hoping the badass AB's have got rid of all the infection. How's he doing now? see ya later with cream cakes and chocolatewink

lisad123everybodydancenow Sun 30-Dec-12 17:44:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NicknameHistory Sun 30-Dec-12 19:37:02

good plan lisa smile
will do the honours then link if you'd all be willing to come....

NicknameHistory Sun 30-Dec-12 19:37:47

PS outing self. temp namechange mrsS3 and will be changing back soon.

MrsShrek3 Sun 30-Dec-12 19:52:57

phew. back to being an ogre again. suits me much better doncha think...
new thread

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now