Here are some suggested organisations that offer expert advice on fostering.

Stuck on the CWDC workbook.

(219 Posts)
stumpymosha Sat 10-Nov-12 15:01:55

I am in desperate need of help. I have tried to do it on my own but I am running out of time. My SSW doesn't even understand the question I'm on now. It's 5.6 understanding contexts. I have only two weeks to finish it now and I really need to have a look at some examples of answers to the remaining questions so I have an idea of what is expected of me. If anyone can show me some examples or help in any way, I will be extremely thankful. I promise I won't copy your answers, I just need an example to get myself going.

Roshbegosh Sun 21-Jul-13 18:47:51

Good luck, I hope someone helps you. I hated doing this when I started fostering, a waste of time and nothing to do with how well you care for a child. Utter bollocks, I feel your pain. I find SWs focus on these things and miss the glaring examples of bad care in the children's lives while they are in the care system, not with the parents that let them down but with the carers and services that often fail these children. Yet another demand made of us while neither we nor the children we care for can expect anything from the SWs.

Fudge1807 Fri 09-Aug-13 10:23:02

Hi Kahuna - I too have also just started my CWDC course and I'm finding it difficult to know what to put. Would it be possible for you to forward me your electronic copy just to see what I should be putting? I would really appreciate this. smile

danderman1 Sun 11-Aug-13 15:11:29

I would really appreciate having a look at a completed workbook too, if you wouldn't mind. Thank you soooo much xx

sargent72 Sun 25-Aug-13 10:18:40

hi, I have just started to look at my cwdc workbook, and it looks complicated, then I found your blog saying that you would be able to send a copy of your completed workbook to another desperate user, and I just wondered if you would be very kind as to send me a copy of your completed workbook also as I am also in desperate need of assistance, if you would be able to do this for me I would very much appreciate it. my e-mail address is sargent1972@hotmail.co.uk
kind regards

MrsMLB Thu 29-Aug-13 19:22:57

I would absolutely love a copy too....please and thank you!!! X

sam1040 Fri 30-Aug-13 17:34:35

Hi,
I've been trying to complete the CWDC with 3 kids in tow! I have nightmares about it. I've had no social worker more or less since I started, so haven't been able to turn to anyone. I've had a good stab at it (completed nearly 4 standards) but unsure if I am on the right track with a lot of the questions. Some of the questions are worded like there could be one or more meanings to them. I would love to see a copy of yours if you wouldn't mind, just to see mainly if I'm on the right track.
Many thanks..............

Davebora Thu 05-Sep-13 11:29:37

Could anybody please e mail a completed CDWC so that I can ensure that the one I'm about to submit is on the right track

Davebora Thu 05-Sep-13 11:30:19

Would help if I gave my e mail davidborasinski@btinternet.com

cehowells3389 Mon 16-Sep-13 13:02:27

Hi all, its great to be able to get advice from people with more experience and one day you never know I’ll hopefully be able to help someone back:-) We have been approved as FC in July 2013 and are awaiting a long term placement, since then I have been plodding through as much of the CWPC as I can whilst I’ve got some time, but have got to the stage that I may of gone of track and missed the main points of what they are looking for despite hours of reading the help notes, please please could some one be so kind in emailing me a copy of a completed one so that I can double check that I’ve included the main points!!! Thanks for any help I receive in advance.

cehowells3389 Mon 16-Sep-13 13:04:25

sorry my email address is: ce.howells@btconnect.com

cehowells3389 Mon 16-Sep-13 13:11:48

BELOW IS AN EXAMPLE OF WHAT I HAVE WRITTEN FOR ONE OF THE QUESTIONS:-
1.2 Equality, inclusion and anti-discriminatory practice
-Statement of purpose objective
-Skills to Foster training
- Local library information
- Social worker info
-provide a secure and accessible environment in which children can flourish and in which all contributions are considered and valued (developing social skills and self pride).
-provide positive non-stereotyping(The Equality Act 2010) including gender roles, diverse ethnic and cultural groups (Religions and beliefs) and people with disabilities.
-improving knowledge and understanding of issues of anti-discriminatory practice, promoting equality and valuing diversity (being positive about identity, observing traditions)
-challenge and eliminate discriminatory actions i.e at school, clubs etc.
Food- dietary requirements that arise from their medical, religious or cultural needs are met.
Education- making children feel valued and good about themselves and equality of access to learning. Am I on the right track??

SheilsMac Tue 17-Sep-13 11:57:58

Hello fostermummytomany,
I would be so grateful if you could send me your copy of your cwdc book. My email is sheila@phoenixbiz.co.uk
Huge thanks in advance

SheilsMac Tue 17-Sep-13 12:01:52

so sorry last message should of been to fostermumtomany

whippetty123 Wed 18-Sep-13 19:01:03

hi im just starting my cwdc and as everyone else in confused , could you email me your completed one please i would be so grateful , many thanks
poppyjob@gmail.com xx

whippetty123 Wed 18-Sep-13 19:03:40

sorry that was to fostermumtomany xx

pjmram21 Sun 22-Sep-13 20:15:33

hello
Please could anyone email me a copy of their CWDC as i am stuck
Seems so simple but hard to get into
thank you
Pamx

shenazp Sun 29-Sep-13 17:29:11

please please can someone help me with 5.1 and 5.6. i would be so grateful i have 1 week to finish my workbook and am ready to pull my hair out.

ohno3boys Wed 16-Oct-13 22:59:20

Am I too late for a copy of the completed workbook? #clutching at straws
(oh and you would be saving me from a fate worse than death)
je.c@hotmail.co.uk

tracydee Tue 22-Oct-13 14:20:06

hi just sat down with my book and i dont know where to start then i came across this blogg i would be forever grateful to look at your book to set me on the right track
kind regards tracy

tracydee Tue 22-Oct-13 14:22:38

i would be grateful to see any completed cwdc books tdean1@live.co.uk

dandy13 Fri 25-Oct-13 22:37:12

hi, ive almost completed my cwdc, but finding some of it a nightmare i would really appreciate it if somebody could send me a copy of theirs to have a look at. i have panel on monday and it HAS to be finished.
thanks in advance
x
email daniellecdd@hotmail.com

angeltange Sun 27-Oct-13 14:35:05

if anyone can send me a copy of a completed cwdc i would be very grateful, just started mine and im so confused. a-capon@sky.com

dandy13 Sun 27-Oct-13 18:55:05

anybody there??

Swizz1973 Mon 28-Oct-13 09:34:32

Hi can anyone help me with my cdwc, I have been stuck on it for ages now, I need help with standard 6 & 7,any help would be greatly appreciated, feel free to email me at swizz24@hotmail.co.uk

mcfcforever Fri 01-Nov-13 16:50:41

I have only 1 week to complete my CWDC and I am only half way through standard 5. I would be grateful for a copy of a completed workbook if there is anyone who has an online version. Hoping in vain. Sharon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now