Newbies and experts

(957 Posts)
justb01 Wed 14-Aug-13 09:19:17

Hi, I'm a newbie here and ttc newbie as well! I'm looking for buddies to share experience. Who's with me?Experts tips always welcome
We've been ttc for fe months, before NTNP. However now I'm starting to feel the pressure for BFP.

VickyVix Sun 29-Sep-13 08:43:54

Hi all, hope you're having a good weekend. Your vibes helped onelife I got a fixed smiley today, at last!! No flasheys oddly but I'll take a fixed, cd25 for me today............now off to hunt down hubby grin

woodwaj Mon 30-Sep-13 22:21:20

Well I am all unpacked but dtd has taken a back seat as we have been up early and late to bed! Back to a more fun routine tomorrow I think. Although no signs of ovulation from the clomid re CM that I normally get. Im very confused with whats going on so finding it hard to track my days!

Good news on the fixed smiley. Id think that maybe you Didn't miss the flashing smiley I bet starting a new pack just covered it up as the first one will never be smiley or fixed?

Hope that makes sense!

Have you got your monitor yet onelife?

VickyVix Mon 30-Sep-13 22:35:37

Good to hear from you woodwaj glad you're all unpacked, hope you're enjoying the new pad. Maybe it's a good thing if your ov is delayed just a few days, it means you haven't missed the window this month with all of your moving house and you get to christen all the new rooms in your house when ov arrives! Enjoy grin

Not sure what happened with the flashing smiley, I started a new pack of sticks but continued with the same reader, as it had just been all negatives for the first 10 sticks. Who knows but the fixed smiley made me happy and have DTD so hope to be in with a shot.

I'm never sure how much to do it, I got an OPK negative Friday and Saturday but DTD for fun both days anyway and then again Sun morning after getting the fixed smiley. DH is tired tonight so night off but we'll have another crack tomorrow (ov should have occurred within 36 hours of Sunday morning)......just wondering if that's enough? Don't want to waste the opportunity but have read all sorts about quality of sperm etc. hoping there's enough swimmers there to make a targeted effort.

Why do they have to make it all so confusing??!

onelife would love to hear how you're going with the monitor.

onelifeonechance Tue 01-Oct-13 08:22:34

Hi all smile

Yes my monitor has arrived! Started peeing on it yst, from what i can work out everybody the first month they use it starts poas from day 6 every day for at least 10 days (and maybe 20 days if irregular or long cycles, so i'm hoping only 10 for me or could prove expensive!!) and then it detects your high and peak fertile days just like ordinary opks 9but a bot longer over 5-6 days). I think the main difference it that it 'remembers' your previous cycles and also gives you a high fertile day after your peaks have been and gone. I like it but it seems pretty much the same as ordinary opks but the main advantage is you get to keep it so as i've said before it'll be good if i'm doing this a while and also for future pregnancies (but just focusing on this one first please!!) So i'll let you know. CD 7 for me today so low fertility, if i follow the same as last time will expect high fertility to start CD 9 onwards, let's see!

Planning to do smep this cycle as think may have overdone it dtd daily last time and by the time we got to peak fertility poor DH was shattered and maybe his sperm were too? It's so hard to plan though because also don't want to feel like we've missed an opportunity so Vix i completely get what you're saying! So glad you finally got your fixed maybe flashy's still on holiday?! Sounds like you've put in a good effort all around the right time so fingers crossed for you and have fun tonight smile And you too woodwaj as V said you've got a good excuse to christen your new rooms wink I'll be joining you both in dtd later don't panic not literally that would be weird as bding every other day so tonights the night! Have fun girls and don't forget the pillow propping after! grin

VickyVix Tue 01-Oct-13 08:57:49

Hi onelife just read your post on the tube and it made me laugh out loud, I will try not to think of us all DTD at the same time later! That would be weird.

I pillow proped for an hour and a half on Sunday! I have spared DH the info on OPKs to avoid undue pressure so he just thinks I'm nuts.

The monitor sounds fab (but then I do like to POAlotofS). I guess it's a super duper OPK with a memory to track cycles, which sounds great. If this month doesn't work I may invest, it's quite pricey when you have to also add cost of sticks as well (and with my longish cycle I would prob need a lot) but so worth it if it works.

Fingers crossed you get a high v soon.

DH and I have another date night tonight as it's one of our many anniversaries (not for wedding this time but for when we first started dating - any excuse smile ) so hopefully we can have a last bash literally at trying to make a bean this month and then it's the waiting game.

Get to it ladies I will try to not think of you all later grin

onelifeonechance Wed 02-Oct-13 07:36:27

Ha V! Hope I didn't put you off your stride!! Bizarrely enough I did think about you afterwards when I was propping myself with a pillow hope i'm not over sharing here but it's true didn't quite manage an hour and a half more like 20mins as started falling asleep and as i'm not at my high or peak bits I thought I'd save my mammoth pillow session for the more crucial times smile So far so SMEP....

Woodwaj I have just re read your post and realised you have said you're all unpacked, good grief woman that's impressive!! We're 3 months in to our new place and still at it, if you feel the urge to continue unpacking I'll happily share my address!! grin

VickyVix Wed 02-Oct-13 08:03:05

Good work on the SMEP and pillow propping, I managed the whole process without thoughts of all of us at it at the same time, no pillow propping last night though was way too tired.

Really hope we've put enough effort in this month, arrgghh frustrating to think there's nothing else we can do, hope this 2ww goes super quick.

woodwaj Wed 02-Oct-13 22:17:35

Im fast using up my data allowance but I cant keep away!!...am I being dumb..what is smep? Good to see we are all busy at it anyway! Yep all unpacked i dont like mess and clutter so it was early starts and late finishes!! I think i may have a touch of ocd ha. Ive already started my first decorating project! Hall stairs and landing!

VickyVix Wed 02-Oct-13 22:59:13

Hi woodwaj you're so organised, unpacked and decorating already! Good work I am impressed. Must be so nice to finally e in your new place.

Smep is, I think, sperm meets egg plan which is basically DTD every other day all month, and for 3 days straight at ov time - although onelife prob knows more than me.

Sounds like hard work to me deffo worth it if if works smile

onelifeonechance Thu 03-Oct-13 19:03:10

Yeah that's right V, not sure how long our efforts will last as the month progresses but we def want to try for the every other day&3 days around ov bit but will try to do it all!

Feeling sad about it all at the mo sad just feel like it's not going to work and keep hearing of friends who are pregnant and feel like I 'know' we're going to be the ones with problems. Sorry to be on a downer and know I just have to take each day as it comes but sometimes that's hard. Never thought it would be thisdifficult or emotional

woodwaj Sat 05-Oct-13 07:32:05

Sorry ladies I am being dumb. I have heard of the smep. And I bet its defo easier said than done!! Fun trying though. I know what you mean about feeling down, I am defo going through that phase. I feel like because I think I haven't ovulated AF wont arrive but I dont know when I should go to the docs. Im going to go through my diary with OH later and see what he thinks.

Hibou7688 Sat 05-Oct-13 15:54:09

Hi all,
If i'm going to ttc soon.. Do i need to take folic accident before we start trying?? How does folic acid benefit me/baby?

onelifeonechance Sun 06-Oct-13 08:27:50

Hi Hibou. Yes it is recommended that you start taking folic as soon as you start ttc then continue once you get your bfp for the first 12 weeks. It helps prevent neural tube defects (like Spina bifida).

Sorry I've been glum recently, feeling brighter this morn. Finally got the peak sign (after no 'highs'?!) and have duly dtd, fx. Woodwaj, sorry give been bit low too, did you go through your diary? Any plans?

How's the 2ww going V? Any symptoms your trying not to spot? grin

woodwaj Sun 06-Oct-13 21:30:27

I was going to look at it today, but then I noticed pink when I was on the loo so I think AF is on the way! For normal people this would be sad but im quite relieved as it means the clomid has worked otherwise I wouldn't have AF at all. Once its here I can start round 2!!

woodwaj Sun 06-Oct-13 21:31:16

I was going to look at it today, but then I noticed pink when I was on the loo so I think AF is on the way! For normal people this would be sad but im quite relieved as it means the clomid has worked otherwise I wouldn't have AF at all. Once its here I can start round 2!!

onelifeonechance Sun 06-Oct-13 21:38:40

Woidwaj, you are 'normal' smile Sorry it's not worked this month but it sounds like it's a good thing if it's regulating your cycle so yeay for that and fx for this cycle!

VickyVix Tue 08-Oct-13 08:20:00

Hi ladies, sorry have been away for a few days, had a work thing and have been trying to keep my mind off my 2ww.

woodwaj it sounds like the Clomid is working if AF arrived so good luck for this cycle, remember the doc said you'd probably be preggers by Christmas so hopefully this cycle will be the one for you!

Glad you're feeling more positive onelife and that you've got your high on the monitor, will keep my fingers crossed for you. How's the smep going?

My 2ww is going slow, on 8dpo today. I had a mammoth night out last week and am annoyed at how drunk I got cos it must affect the chances of anything happening this month. On the symptom spotting front I have had been really tired and had achey legs for about 3 days and a few sharp pains on the right side this morning, and lots of CM (sorry TMI!) but who knows, it's likely to just be AF goings on.......would so love a BFP though smile

onelifeonechance Wed 09-Oct-13 07:09:32

Hey V, glad you're ok, missed you! Don't fret about your night out, life has to go and there are lots of posts on here about how the bean doesnt connect to your blood stream for a good while Anyhoo so sure no harm done. Plus I always think of the thousands of lucky women who get pregnant whilst merry and not even trying so don't lose heart. Your 2ww is seeming long to me, hope not to you!

Smep was going well until last night when there was a delivey issue and but gutted as we'd followed it to a T but now have missed the third day bit which is where I think we may have been going wrong last few tries. But not a lot can do now but hope. 2ww starts here

How are you getting on woodwaj, did af arrive?

woodwaj Wed 09-Oct-13 07:25:55

Hi ladies AF arrived monday very heavy!! No period pains though which I quite like!! I started my 2nd round of clomid yesterday!

I am still staying positive like the doc said and thinking about an xmas baby!

I defo agree with onelife vicky. You have to have a good night out every now and then. Id just enjoy letting off some steam!!

VickyVix Wed 09-Oct-13 08:43:43

Morning ladies, thank you for the positive words, I guess you're right, a lot of women do seem to get upduffed when they don't realise or on a drunken night out so fingers crossed my antics won't affect chances this month.

It sounds like you've put a great effort in this month onelife so keep positive, there should have been a good 'pool' of swimmers ready to pounce even though you missed that 3rd day. Hope your 2ww goes quicker than mine! smile

I'm on a cautious 9dpo today (it might be 10) but I'm going with conservative counting this month. Still have the achey legs and my back hurt a lot when I woke up this morning, also feel v thirsty over the last day but it's prob because I haven't drunk enough water. Arrrggghh I really want a BFP!!!

Good luck with this cycle woodwaj and focus on that Xmas baby - that would be so romantic (I love Christmas!) grin

I might do a cheeky test on Saturday if AF hasn't shown up by then.......or I might not!

woodwaj Fri 11-Oct-13 20:24:30

Do you think you could hold out till af is late vicky? I know I defo don't have that kind of will power though!! Last day of clomid tomorrow then start dtd once AF sods off. No side effects this month. I actually think it was the vitamins giving me a headache all the time, im just taking folic acid now and saving loads of money! Hows it goin onelife knackered yet?

VickyVix Sat 12-Oct-13 17:54:45

AF got me on Friday, so I'm back to cd2 again. Think we might try the smep plan this month but it sounds like hard work!

I'm not sure what's worse the 2ww post ov or the almost 3ww for ov (in my case) ah well, I get to POAS with the OPKs again in about a week.

Hope AF buggers off soon woodwaj I'm going to join you and focus on a pre-Christmas miracle smile

woodwaj Sat 12-Oct-13 18:28:14

Oh no sorry about AF. Its mad isnt it time is dragging between all this waiting yet cycle after cycle is going by!! Doesn't make sense really. My AF finished today but I will prob start dtd from tomorrow. Very early but every other day cant hurt and I seem to have no symptoms of anything so its prob best!

VickyVix Sat 12-Oct-13 22:30:44

Yes, it's difficult always waiting for ov or AF, kind of taking over my life and feel like it's all I think about! Just read a really depressing thread about how many cycles it took people to conceive and so many managed it on first or second cycles sad

I know it will happen eventually (fingers crossed) but it's harder than I ever imagined it would be.

I did suggest to DH over dinner that we tried smep this month and he seemed rather chuffed with the whole idea of DtD every other day, So at least that is a good sign smile

Go for it woodwaj every other day from the beginning is what most things I've read suggest so really hope it works for you, I'll be following a few days behind!!

onelife how's the CBFM? I'm wondering if I could use it discretely, as in without DH noticing?? I'm guessing it's a bit more of a piece of equipment that OPK sticks? Appreciate that may sound odd but I don't want to share the tech side of things with DH in case it makes him feel to much pressure

VickyVix Mon 14-Oct-13 17:04:01

Slight update from me, after getting AF Friday, which promptly stopped and was quite frankly pretty odd, I got BFP x 4 this morning. Hugely confused but very happy, just really hope this little bean sticks smile Off home to tell DH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now