Newbies and experts

(957 Posts)
justb01 Wed 14-Aug-13 09:19:17

Hi, I'm a newbie here and ttc newbie as well! I'm looking for buddies to share experience. Who's with me?Experts tips always welcome
We've been ttc for fe months, before NTNP. However now I'm starting to feel the pressure for BFP.

Nikkilouise26 Sun 22-Sep-13 19:18:03

Well my dp has been working away this last 2 weeks he only back 2nd week of October so nothing for me this month sadly sad
I'm at my doctors tomorrow for the results of my scan even though lady told me everything looks fine so hoping thymes might put me on clomid to help me ovulate as I have irregualr periods so I don't think I ovulate every month and never know when I do if I do but we will see, and yes it is very stressful indeed, more stressful because I have never been pregnant before so I don't know if I can but it not coming easy if I can that's for sure!!

onelifeonechance Sun 22-Sep-13 19:46:08

That must be hard not having your dh at home for so long. Makes me feel bad for moaning about the 2ww, sorry hangs head in shame

Hope your appointment at the doctors goes well tmrw and they consider the clomid for you, fx for you, let us know how you get on. I know exactly what you mean about worrying about can we even get pregnant, i've never been pregnant before and as much as the rational part of me knows we just have to be patient and give these things chance, there's always that niggle of an almighty fear that we may not be able to have children. But I def can't go there yet, that is def worst case scenario and we're right at the beginning of all this so all we can do now is our best...and hope!

Nikkilouise26 Sun 22-Sep-13 19:56:00

Awww not dont be silly it very exciting when ppl are in there 2ww I get very excited over seeing strangers pregnant hehe it just the most amazing thing us women can do... Fingers crossed things work fast for you as longer you try more stressful and upsetting it get month after month when the witch arrives worse when I first got my latest as think it was 45 days but she turned up I was gutted really thought I may have had it that month. Just can't wait until he is home to keep trying and I will update soon as I know more smile

onelifeonechance Sun 22-Sep-13 20:36:43

I know, it's mean when she keeps you waiting, just seems extra cruel, if it's not your month I'd rather she just showed up and put us out of our misery. I have to remind myself it's only been 3 months which I know is nothing, and it helps to have some perspective looks in mirror and gives self stem talking to

I also LOVE hearing about bfps on here, helps give us hope when you know others have had similar issues or been trying for ages and then they finally get it, so lovely! Hurry Nikki's hubby!! smile

Nikkilouise26 Sun 22-Sep-13 20:42:14

Haha he not my hubby yet still waiting for the first ring lol he wants hurry up... I know he bought me one as typical guy left receipt in his pocket and when I come to put his jeans in wash I found it he just making me wait evil man haha

onelifeonechance Sun 22-Sep-13 20:44:10

That was supposed to say hurry home Nikki's hubby!!

onelifeonechance Sun 22-Sep-13 20:50:45

Oooo that's exciting knowing he's going to pop the question at some point...eeee smile My dh did same thing, shopped for my ring on line (not my proper engagement ring, we chose that together, but the ring he proposed with) and he didn't clear the history so I knew what he was planning!! grin

Nikkilouise26 Sun 22-Sep-13 20:53:55

Haha they useless aint they but yeah I very excited I keep asking for it but he has said he already got a date set when he is going to do it so suppose ill have to wait and I know it only going to be next sadly but I got to learn to be patient so this is a good way ttc and waiting on my ring smile

woodwaj Sun 22-Sep-13 21:57:33

Hi onelife, I just have Wednesday off then I have a full week off from 4th Oct. OH cant get a full week till then so I've got to wait. if I take the time off before him I will spend my time doing DIY and on his week off he will play on GTA all week!!

Nikkilouise26 Mon 23-Sep-13 10:36:17

Well been the doctors and they want us to try for another 3 months before they will refer but basically said if all test are clear then that's it we won't be offered any help as nhs are skint so will have to go private if want any help it a joke really annoyed and upset!! Looks like ill have to find clomid other ways hmmmmm

woodwaj Mon 23-Sep-13 12:43:08

Surely that isnt right how long have you been trying now? You might want to consider changing gp's?

Nikkilouise26 Mon 23-Sep-13 12:47:56

I been trying for about 13 months now and I have just recently changed as last gp kept sending me for bloods and that was all. I just so frustrated knowing f we don't get pregnant and my test come back clear that's it where on our own all I have wanted to do since coming back from docs is cry but in work so can't I just want to scream!!

onelifeonechance Mon 23-Sep-13 16:26:39

Aw Nikki, just read your post, sorry to hear your appointment didn't go as hoped. Did they say what the reason was for trying for another 3 months when you've already passed the 12+ point? Know this might not work but in my experience crying helps - by that I mean crying at the GP's - show them how you're really feeling and how much it's affecting you, may help speed the referral up?? Can imagine your frustration, hugs

Nikkilouise26 Mon 23-Sep-13 17:05:47

I nearly did she pointed that out to me! Because my scan was clear she said try for another 3 months and try to relax. It didn't help it was a woman and she was trying to get pregnant herself and said it wasn't happening fast for her blah she also said after 3 months if nothing they will send me for the dye test and check partners sperm but if there fine then where basically left to it no help at all which is a joke!!

woodwaj Mon 23-Sep-13 19:31:58

Can your OH go and make his own appointment to have his sperm tested, Separate to your appointment...try and beat the system some way!!

Nikkilouise26 Mon 23-Sep-13 19:41:16

When he is home in 2 weeks I'm going to get him go and ask if they will test his sperm just to rule anything out there I'm just not sure if they would just do that though

woodwaj Mon 23-Sep-13 19:45:53

He doesn't have to mention you just that you have been TTC for over 12 months and he wants to do his part. Good luck!!

Nikkilouise26 Mon 23-Sep-13 19:49:09

Thanks fingers crossed I will eventually get me a BFP

onelifeonechance Tue 24-Sep-13 20:00:38

Think that sounds good advice woodwaj, good luck with it all Nikki, hope that bfp shows itself v soon for you smile And whilst you're waiting we'll keep you company smile

How's everyone getting on? AF due today, been having the usual cramps do think it's just a matter of time, if she's coming wish she'd just put me out of my misery! On a brighter note it's bake off time! grin

VickyVix Wed 25-Sep-13 10:51:57

Hi ladies

Sorry to hear your appointment didn't go so well nikki I agree with advice though, see if you can beat the system somehow. It doesn't seem right saying you have to go another 3 months when you have passed the 12 month mark already. Perhaps see if you can talk to a different GP?
And maybe try crying at them.

Not much going on over here, holiday finished, back at my desk (joy of joys) and still on negative OPK and I'm on cd21! Think this is going to be some kind of mega long cycle. Last month was a 36 day cycle with ov on cd22 but I haven't even got a flashing smiley yet and have been using OPK since cd10. Humph sad

Fingers, legs, arms, eyes all crosses for you onelife keep us updated, would love this to be your month.

onelifeonechance Wed 25-Sep-13 21:36:17

Aw Vix thanks so much for the well wishes but i'm afraid my anniversary baby was not meant to be sad AF showed up today, the latest she's been for 5 months just to really stick the knife in! Pretty gutted but trying to drag myself out of it and think of this new cycle. I've made an impulse buy of a cb fertility monitor, I mean business this month!! Anyone else used one and if so top tips welcome smile

That's a lot of peeing on sticks for you V, it's all glamour, glamour, glamour this ttc business! Seriously though you have every right to humph about it and I really hope you get a face v soon. Have you noticed any other signs? Ewcm?

Hope everyone else is doing ok?

woodwaj Thu 26-Sep-13 14:18:56

Hi ladies just a quick check in whilst I am stealing wifi at frankie and bennys! I was only at my hospital appointment for 10 mins she didnt show me the screen was looking to see some dodgy ovaries.

house move is done and wading my way through boxes!!

Welcome back vicky and sorry to hear about AF onelife . Would be interested to see how the fertility monitor works for you!

VickyVix Thu 26-Sep-13 14:19:37

Ah onelife I'm v sorry to hear the witch got you, sending thanks and wine and hugs your way. Well done on the impulse fertility monitor purchase, I was eyeing one of those up but they're quite pricey. Would love to hear how you get on with it.

I'm getting quite used to POAS! Another flipping negative on the OPK for me today on cd22. I have had quite a lot of CM for the last few days, just watery though (sorry TMI). but maybe that means something is happening.

Really hoping I get a smiley soon, planning on lots of DTD this weekend.....starting tomorrow night because it's date night smile

onelifeonechance Thu 26-Sep-13 16:47:26

Glad your scan appointment was straight forward woodwaj and fingers crossed for good results, do you know when you'll hear? And well done on the move, i'm sure you're shattered and if you're anything like us you'll be wading through those boxes for a while yet!

Thanks V, yes was v sad but slowly picking up enthusiasm for this month now.

I know the monitors are bloomin expensive (cb are making a fortune out of me!) but i'm seeing it as an investment for the future as hoping to have more than one child she says somewhat optimistically Will let you know how I get on, think first month it gets used to your cycle and i'm going to be a few days late as it's not arrived yet but will give it a bash not literally

Come on V's smiley face, she wants to get jiggy grin

VickyVix Thu 26-Sep-13 23:23:46

Hi woodwaj sorry, crossed posts earlier and didn't see yours. Glad your scan appointment went well, keep us updated on the results, fingers crossed for you. And, well done on the move, so exciting! Hope unpacking etc goes ok, it'll be worth it in the end.

We moved last year from a place we had been in for about 6 years and we moved boxes that had never been unpacked from the first move!

Thanks for you positive vibes onelife I so hope that smiley shows up soon. I bought another pack of OPKs today.

You're right about the fertility monitor investment, if it's for possible multiple babies it's well worth it, I'm v keen to see how you get on with it as may consider it myself at some point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now