Brooking No Argument that we'll get BFPs from our Easter Eggs

(996 Posts)
BeedlesPineNeedles Fri 22-Mar-13 11:17:33

Well done keep I hope its the first of many grin grin

Right who's next with the BFP???

Solars Tue 30-Apr-13 14:54:00

Thanks Loopy for the info, I only ever occasionally had the ice cream van whippy ice creams but will steer well clear of them whether or not I do get pg now!

Keep great scan news, how sweet that he/she was dancing. Are you going to find out the sex when the time comes or will it be a surprise? Yes we did sneak in some swi at the weekend wink and beforehand, thankfully the sex fail on Thursday morning didn't become an issue

Yay on no side effects Beedle & Geek! If the suns out like it is today you're going to have a lovely day in London tmrw.

Sweetie looking forward to hearing about your first scan.

Withalittlesparkle Tue 30-Apr-13 21:48:05

We have a little booby girl grin I say we like I had anything to do with it haha pop over to the grad thread for more details

ScarlettInSpace Wed 01-May-13 10:40:26

Ooooooooh congrats boo have some flowers and soon some wine

Am doing lots of left side brooking today - scan at 1600 to see if we progress IUI or abandon for this month...

keepitgoing Wed 01-May-13 11:05:53

Ooh I'm brooking for a leftie Scarlett!

BeedlesPineNeedles Wed 01-May-13 13:09:57

I'm thinking left-sided thoughts for you scarlett

I saw boo's fabulous news earlier I hope she's enjoying some newborn snuggles right now grin

Day 2 of down-regging is a lovely sunny bank holiday so I'm feeling rather relaxed, shame I can't enjoy a beer in the sun, but the lack of alcohol is in a good cause grin

ControlGeek Wed 01-May-13 13:53:46

Brooking for you scarlett, lots of left sided thoughts winging their way to you.

So I am spending the day in a pub and Im not sure how long my resolve to be alcohol free will last. The food menu looks fab though and weve just ordered lunch. Meat platter, scotched quails eggs, olives, bread and dipping oil smile

Solars Wed 01-May-13 17:59:07

Congratulations Boo thanks

Scarlett how did it go? Brooking the lefty did the job

I've been out and about in the sun too, it makes such a difference when the sun's out!

SweetieTime Wed 01-May-13 21:06:21

Scarlett how did you get on? Fingers crossed it all went well and you got the green light.

Solars I agree, it really lifts the mood when the sun is out. Did you read that Daily Fail article about ARGC?

Geek you lunch sounds lush, did you manage to stay off the booze?

I was so angry at a memo we got around at work today, states "colleague X welcomes new arrival Y his 4th attempt at for girl" shockshock AIBU???

ScarlettInSpace Wed 01-May-13 23:20:43

Nope you ADNBU. What a twat.

AFM random not good, not bad news. Both sides still going, 1 follie on each, but reeeeeaaaaaaalllllly slow. 7mm on day 11 so theyve grown 2 mm in 6 days shock

So ive got a new script for half a dozen more shots of menopur, got to keep and go back on Saturday morning for another scan, may need to accept this may be a looooooooong cycle but not out of the game yet but am a bit pfft about the whole thing really...

BeedlesPineNeedles Thu 02-May-13 05:34:37

scarlett how frustrating, but its not over yet. i'm brooking that your left ovary gets a move on

sweetie grrr at baby announcements

I was out in the sunshine yesterday but its back to work today. Sniffing is going fine, but I think I need a bigger nose so that it doesn't run down the back of my throat 5 mins after spraying [boak]

BeedlesPineNeedles Thu 02-May-13 05:44:34

Just read that article, as soon as I read that she had gone on holiday and not thought about anything I knew she was going to say she got pregnant naturally. I know she had some drug treatment but after saying that relax and it will happen is the most annoying thing ever, what does she say at the end angry

ControlGeek Thu 02-May-13 09:13:51

sweetie boo sucks to the memo. My work does things like that too.

scarlett I'm so sorry the scan didn't show huge growth, but there is still plenty of time - after all it's the quality that counts. Brooking that they speed up a bit for you though.

beedle <boak> lovely! I used to get that with nasal decongestants. Most unpleasant!

Based on beedle's comments I don't think I'll read that article, I might not be able to resist slapping the nearest annoying person grin

Well I didn't manage to stay completely alcohol free yesterday - I really loathe cold soft drinks, I don't think there's a single one I can actually say I like - so I had two and a half pints of beer spread over the course of about 5 hours. So far no ill effects, but I deliberately didn't take my metformin last night just in case.

Scan day today and I've got a major case of the jitters. This is not going to be a 28 day cycle, I'll be lucky if it's even going to be low 30's as I've yet to get even a single high on the CBFM. No sore norkage so am probably at least a week away from ov. Hopefully they'll be able to see something on my ovaries to indicate it's not going to take much longer than that. <sigh>

BeedlesPineNeedles Thu 02-May-13 09:23:47

Good luck with the scan geek I'll concentrate the brooking on your ovaries being in the right place, then we can worry when ovulation will happen. Though I am hoping it will happen at the right time for you to be my cycle buddy.

Can you not drink at all whilst taking the metformin? I thought soem people were on it for ages shock

SweetieTime Thu 02-May-13 10:15:22

Geek good luck with the scan. I think the odd drink does no harm but the stressing over not having booze is far worse. Hope those ovaries are where they need to be.

Scarlett just try to think of it as a marathon rather than a sprint. Brooking those follies continue their steady progress.

Good luck today Geek brooking for good results for you.

BeedlesPineNeedles Thu 02-May-13 11:30:26

how are you boo ? Are you home yet (being waited on by MrBoo I hope)?

Hi, yes we got home yesterday, she is lovely settling into a lovely feeding routine. Mr B is indeed doing a lovely job looking after 'his girls' smilesmile

BeedlesPineNeedles Thu 02-May-13 11:54:59

Aww that's lovely to hear boo

Solars Thu 02-May-13 18:55:26

Sweetie grrr on that announcement and that article is a bit misleading, considering she had treatment and then got pregnant, so I'm not sure she can say it was because she was relaxed!! How are you doing anyway? Counting down to your scan?

Geek how did the scan go?

Beedle hope the sniffing continues to go well.

I went in for my progesterone bloods today and just got the call to say ovulation has been confirmed. I also have my immune results back, the 2 things they check for are cytokines and natural killer cells. Thankfully the cytokines were all fine, and my icsi doesn't have to be delayed by treatment which can take up to 3 months. However my nk cells are elevated so this will have to be treated, but they can be treated during the stimming phase so all in all I can start next month!!! I've been told I'm on the short flare protocol so no downregging either. I will also have to be on steroids and aspirin. Gosh it all starts again next month!!

Solars that all sounds brilliant, brooking for you to start next cycle, there is a few of you starting soon isn't there? <losing track> confused

Geek any news?

ControlGeek Thu 02-May-13 19:27:32

Just quickie as on phone (and also at WI!). Scan could have gone better. The op hasn't worked, they can still only access the ovary that had the endo. They have recommended, and we will go with, doing sp on the next cycle, whenever that starts, and if it fails then I will need to go on the waiting list to have the fibroid removed as that's what's stopping them getting to the good ovary.

Well done on your prog and immunes solars, v glad they can treat your nk cells alongside sp so it won't hold you up.

Will post more later from home or tmrw from work.

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Thu 02-May-13 19:57:27

Geek I'm sorry it's not better news from the scan but I'm glad they have got a plan for you. I'm brooking that you'll get your BFP from the short protocol.

Solars that's great news that there won't be any delay. That's interesting about the NK cells. Do they think that may have stopped you from getting a BFP? I'm brooking ill be starting with you and Maybe next month.

Keep fantastic scan news smile I'm brooking for MrKeep on the job front.

Beedle yay to starting the DR!

Sweetie can't wait for your 7 week scan grin

Scarlett brooking that the extra meds get everything moving.

I've been busy wrapping up everything at work & handing my work over. Only two more shifts gringringrin

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Thu 02-May-13 19:58:44

I missed Boo big congratulations. Your little girl is so gorgeous! Glad to hear DH is looking after you all thanks

BeedlesPineNeedles Fri 03-May-13 07:06:40

solars excellent news, so will you be starting in about 5 weeks? woohoo

geek sorry the op didn't work as it should, but I'm still hoping for our double whammy BFPs to be closely followed by maybe, cups & solars triple whammy

cups only 2 more shifts to go grin grin grin

DR still going OK, though I think my ovaries maybe having a little grumble at beeing shut down, or it could be something completely unrelated! How will I know that its working if I continue to feel fine? They're going to scan me before I start injecting (also to check my fibroid hasn't grown or anything in the few weeks since my last dildocam) But what if I have stubborn ovaries that refuse to shutdown? hmm

Solars Fri 03-May-13 08:21:40

Geek so sorry to hear about your scan. How long did they say the waiting list is for the fibroid removal? Why did they recommend ivf next month if they can only access 1 ovary, won't that waste a free go? Sorry for all the questions I just want to make sure they're giving you the best options.

Beedle I will hopefully start in the next week or so when AF turns up. I think I confused everyone when I said next month I meant my next cycle month. Now don't you worry about your ovaries, also a lot of people feel fine downregging. They will know its worked through the scan and blood tests.

Cups yay to 2 more shifts! I'm brooking real hard you get to start next cycle. Is that also in the next week or so?

Maybe hope you're doing ok

Scarlett slow and steady wins the race wink

Boo I saw your little one on FB this morning, she's adorable!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now