ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Brooking No Argument that we'll get BFPs from our Easter Eggs

(996 Posts)
BeedlesPineNeedles Fri 22-Mar-13 11:17:33

Well done keep I hope its the first of many grin grin

Right who's next with the BFP???

ControlGeek Thu 25-Apr-13 20:45:13

beedle Not half as shocked as I was/am! We also have a crap sperm diagnosis but I can't help feeling that they probably weren't that crap 12 years ago when we got together so something else must have been wrong at that point. Good luck with talking to your boss, I hope it goes well for you.

keep I'm happy to help set up a finances spreadsheet for you grin perhaps I could set up a little company - Geek Inc. or something!

You are welcome any time boo, you've been so amazing and (along with the other brookers) have got me through some horrible moments.

sweetie I remember that about your bloods. I was so pleased your GP could do them for you. I'm going to ask about the immunes at my appt on Saturday but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'm just so scared that I only get two shots at this, and people keep talking about cycles of three so if I waste go number 1 then I'll only have one left.

cups my cons only works Thursdays and Saturdays at my clinic but I'm not complaining, it means I don't have to tell Dink Boss about it until I know more about what the plan is going to be.

I did think about getting a tablet or an ipad for all of five seconds but I am surgically attached to my laptop. I need it for remoting in to work and working from home, and for also for gaming (warcraft), general internetting and some graphics work that I occasionally do. I really don't think a tablet would cut it. I have bought a new laptop now though so am a very broke happy bunny.

Thank you for the info about the immunes, I won't feel bad if it's not offered now. It's just another thing to mental over when you don't know exactly why it's not worked.

Health kick starts tomorrow in the hope of IVF possibly starting with my next cycle. Can't believe I have an appt so soon!!!

Oh Geek I went all misty eyed then doesn't take much these days tbh I would love a meet up at some time smile according to Sparks we're really not that far smilesmile

Now, what is on the list to ask the Dr about on Saturday, and more importantly, have you amended your spreadsheet to take into account your unexpected laptop spend?? wink

ControlGeek Thu 25-Apr-13 21:08:05

<hands boo a damp hankie> Got a bit misty eyed typing that, too, my lovely, but you know it's true.

The spreadsheet has been updated to take account of the drastically reduced funds, but I am hoping that payday will rectify that as I'll have 46+ hours worth of overtime coming through.

So far on the list for Saturday are:
- Can you test me for immune issues (privately if necessary and if so how much)?
- Was any other sign of endometriosis found other than the ovarian endometrioma?
- Will my endometrioma come back? If so how quickly?
- Where do we go from here? What are my timescales?
- Can I remain on short protocol as suggested by the embryologist when I saw her last year?
- Tell me about the womble polyp you removed (I know nothing about the impact of these)
- How were my fibroids looking at the time of op?
- When can you scan me to know that you can access both of my ovaries for egg collection?
- Any chance I can start in my next cycle?

I can't think of anything else just yet. No doubt things will come to me by Saturday. I'm rather glad I don't have longer to get worked up about it all. I barely got any work done this afternoon, I was so excited!

BlindKitty Thu 25-Apr-13 21:24:45

hello ladies! TFI Friday tomorrow!

beedles when the time comes, I think I’ll prob just book annual leave for IVF. I wouldn’t want my boss knowing

geek its been torture just doing bbt! Never again! Yes, opks normally clear. I’d love to add immune testing to my list but I imagine my fc will just roll her eyes like usual!

Ooh I don't know much about assisted brooking but that looks like a good list of questions smile

46+ hours, I would have got the laptop and the I pad grin you deserve a bloody treat after all that!! Don't let that dink boss get you down!

ControlGeek Thu 25-Apr-13 22:05:47

kitty good luck with going back to the OPKs in that case. I cover all bases and OPK, CBFM and BBT. I have PCOS so some cycles are pretty much cut and dried and others need a combination of angles for me to be sure of when ov has taken place.

thanks boo grin I think those questions alone may take up the full 15 minutes of the appointment! Sadly the take-home from the 46+ hours will not cover the laptop I have bought and trust me it's nowhere near what I could have paid - I nearly died when I saw the macbook prices!!! but this time I have bought three-year insurance so if the same issue were to occur with this laptop I have a repair or replace guarantee.

That reminds me, I need to spend yet more money - I need to get a book sequel for my kindle (thanks boo), more HGW and yet more sticks to pee on like I haven't had enough this last cycle!

You're very welcome Geek we have excellent literary tastes grinwink Is there a kindle column on your spreadsheet?

Good idea on the insurance, I always get it on expensive things, and it has really been useful on occasion!

ControlGeek Thu 25-Apr-13 22:16:59

boo that most definitely falls under the category of 'personal expenditure' gringringrin

Solars Thu 25-Apr-13 22:19:13

Cups yay to only 7 more shifts left. When do you start the new job? Also my DH has been asked to do NHS clinics and theatre lists on Saturdays over the past couple of years to clear up the back log.

Geek you could also add if there are issues with the immunes will he be able to treat them too and the costs associated with that.

Beedles I'm not sure what I would do if I had to tell a boss about time off for ivf, I'd probably be quite honest about it but I think it perhaps also depends on the relationship you have with your boss. Good luck.

Kitty so where are you at with everything? You've finished the clomid right?

We had epic for the first time ever sex fail this morning but we've just to my utter relief tried again tonight and all was ok! Phew!

ControlGeek Thu 25-Apr-13 22:25:32

oh no solars I'm so glad all is ok now. The first time afterwards is always the worst/scariest, at least you have that out of the way. Thanks for the advice on the follow up immunes question, you are quite right, there's no point knowing if I can test for something if I can't get it treated!

cups I'd completely missed that you only have 7 shifts left - amazing! Are you still able to take your week's holiday between jobs? Oooh so excited for you!

BeedlesPineNeedles Thu 25-Apr-13 22:47:52

Just a quick message as I should be sleeping, geek have you seen the list of IVF questions on fertility friends website, though having said that we didn't even get through all of them after an hour with the doc!

BeedlesPineNeedles Fri 26-Apr-13 05:48:56

sweetie I saw this and thought of you shock shock

SweetieTime Fri 26-Apr-13 08:12:33

OMG Beedle, the only thing keeping me going is the 70m to 1 bit grin

ControlGeek Fri 26-Apr-13 09:13:47

Oh beedle wow, what a story! I'm so pleased they all survived. I don't think I've ever been onto Fertility Friends, is that the UK site? I've used the other, US, one for my charting etc. We only have 15 minutes with the cons so I think I need to prioritise my questions grin

Sweetie what's your next step? Have you confirmed to the clinic yet?

SweetieTime Fri 26-Apr-13 09:28:47

geek shock @ only 15 mins for something so important. You really will need to be clear on what to ask. As these sessions they throw all the information at you and then you cannot remember what you wanted to ask.

OTD tomorrow so not spoken to clinic. I have to ring them Monday between 1.30 & 2 confused

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Fri 26-Apr-13 10:04:48

Sweetie and Beedle shockshockshock I can't even imagine how anyone copes with quads. Don't worry Sweetie the odds are in your favour. Plus the dad is one of triplets so surely that makes multiples more likely for that couple.

Eeeek excited for OTD Sweetie, can't believe you don't have to contact the clinic until mon. At our clinic they tell you to test 16-18 days post transfer, who can wait that long?!

Geek I've actually got a week & a half off between shifts grin

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Fri 26-Apr-13 10:05:33

I mean between jobs not shifts!

SweetieTime Fri 26-Apr-13 11:32:18

cup that is same as our clinic 16 days post transfer. I tested at 9 blush blush I was going out of my head by then

keepitgoing Fri 26-Apr-13 12:09:21

sweetie= most impatient brooker ever...?

ControlGeek Fri 26-Apr-13 13:18:19

sweetie It's classed as a follow-up appointment so, yes, only 15 minutes unfortunately. MrG says he has only one question - how soon can we start. I'm coming back as a man in my next life, I tell you! Good luck with OTD (I have only just worked out what that stands for blush) and telling the clinic on Monday. I can't believe they make you wait so long!

cup oooh enjoy your time off! Recharge your batteries in time for your fab new job smile

keep I don't think it's so much that sweetie is the most impatient brooker, just that you are an unnaturally patient one! grin

keepitgoing Fri 26-Apr-13 14:35:50

That's funny, am I am known as the most impatient person in real life. I think I was
A, too terrified
B, scared of jinxing it
C, convinced it'd be bfn so wanted the fantasy longer

Geek, start off with mrgeeks question! Any further word from his son/news on meet up?

BeedlesPineNeedles Fri 26-Apr-13 16:39:55

geek when can we start was the first question mrb asked too, I had a long list of questions but I'm not sure that was on my list blush . Anyway here is the list of questions from fertility friends website, it the ICSI one I can't remember if that's relevant for you but most o the questions are generally about IVF.

I hope my earlier link hasn't scared you too much sweetie just concentrate on the 70 million to 1 grin

I'm watching Hairy Bikers and they just said that if a woman plants parsley then she will soon be pregnant. Got to be worth a try, right? grin

BlindKitty Fri 26-Apr-13 20:22:23

geek if I ever see my cbfm again it will be too soon although I prob will as its only in my bedside drawer I just resent it for thinking it would answer all of our problems when it was really just a ball ache!

solars Ive got some more clomid so I'll start again next cycle. I have to lie to the fc though as she wouldn't put me forward for iui if we were still trying it!

bullets I'll just add it to the raspberry leaf tea, conception vits, de-caff tea, cough medicine and evening primrose oil haha

keepitgoing Sat 27-Apr-13 03:40:33

kitty I think the same about cbfm. I think I'll sell mine when I get home. Unless a brooker wants it?

Good luck today, geek

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now