Brooking No Argument that we'll get BFPs from our Easter Eggs

(996 Posts)
BeedlesPineNeedles Fri 22-Mar-13 11:17:33

Well done keep I hope its the first of many grin grin

Right who's next with the BFP???

ControlGeek Thu 25-Apr-13 07:46:37

beedle thanks for the info on LP v SP, that makes sense. Could you not just tell your boss that you have a medical procedure coming up but not say what it is? In the UK you're not obliged to tell work the details of anything medical as it's considered confidential to you as a patient, but I don't know if Sweden has the same rules.

kitty well done on getting through a month just with bbt. I think that would drive me crazy. Are your opks normally clear about ov time?

keep Ha! Crappy doesn't even begin to cover it! I sat down last night and seriously thought about my job and truly, the only thing keeping me there right now is the money and the fact that I'd not be able to get anything even remotely similar near here. Certainly not at a similar wage. It's starting to knock my confidence though. I've been through that many role changes due to restructures, sideways movements etc that I really don't feel I'm 'expert' in anything, more of a jack of all trades flying by the seat of my pants. Wow, sorry, didn't mean to start whining so early in the morning blush

Right, got to get on with getting ready for work. <waves to maybe solars boo sparks scarlet and everyone else>

ScarlettInSpace Thu 25-Apr-13 10:37:50

Sorry no name checks, just got to work, had day 5 scan this morning and there is a follie on each side which is good as I'd convinced myself there would be nothing on the L and we would have to abandon. Start jabs again tonight then back next Weds to see how they are getting on...

brooking for the L follie ladies! grin

SweetieTime Thu 25-Apr-13 11:20:39

Scarlett great news on the follies, Brooking my socks off for the L Follie.

Solars that is a really good AMH result, you must be well pleased. Sounds like they are really looking after you. I was quite surprised pissed off at some of the things that had been written in my previous notes when I actually got a copy. It is good that they let you see them up front.

Beedle you must spin those stats the other way and think of the positives. Of course if he does booked skiing you are guaranteed ironic BFP. We all know how these forces work. I think it is difficult to have to tell bosses about our treatment but men are even harder. I would try to keep it as generic as you can. Let us know how you get on.

Geek your job always sounds so manic I am not surprised it gets to you, especially with dink boss added to the mix too. But just think you must be very valuable now with such a breadth of experience.

ControlGeek Thu 25-Apr-13 11:49:04

scarlett Brilliant news on the follies! Brooking for your left one as I think I did my back in when we had to do the waft-tube-waft dance grin

sweetie How are you feeling now? When is your scan? I had a dream about you last night and that two blobs/yolk sacs were seen.

My laptop is officially dead sad sad sad It was only 3 years old but unfortunately no longer within warranty. I'll have to use some of my mat leave savings to get another now, as it would apparently cost almost as much as a new laptop to get my old one repaired. <needs a [wailing] emoticon>

keepitgoing Thu 25-Apr-13 13:06:42

Oh no geek... Can you do without as assume you have a work one?

beedle MrK is currently in the UK and had an interview yesterday, we should find out in a few weeks. Brooking please, as jobs are few, and you know we have a baby on the way!!...

Scarlett I'm brooking for the left follie to win!

Solars Thu 25-Apr-13 14:07:31

Geek no unfortunately I wasn't seen by Mr T but he walked past me as I was waiting for my scan. I was kind of awestruck when i saw him and immediately text DH and wrote Mr T in the text too, who wrote back "I pity da' fool" so you're not the only one who thinks of the A-Team smile Whenever the clinic calls to give my blood results they always say Mr T has seen you're results and advises.... apparently he personally goes through everybody's results everyday 7 days a week, now that's dedication! Sorry about your laptop, there should hopefully be some good deals out there at the moment. It's always worth looking out for jobs too, you never know what's out there. If you've got lots of different experiences it means you can turn your hand to anything so potentially opening up a lot more roles for you.

Great scan news Scarlett Go Left Follie, Go!

Beedle I hope I do get to start next month but it also depends on my immune results. They took 10(!!) vials of blood for them yesterday and should be back before the end of this cycle, so I'll know in a couple of weeks what will happen next.

Sweetie hope you're doing well

Keep Good luck to MrK, we also had to do exactly the same, MrS came back for a job interview half way through our year away, it's nerve wracking to think neither of you has a job to come back to. Brooking!

ControlGeek Thu 25-Apr-13 14:11:22

No keep I have a seriously old manky laptop from work but can only use it in my office due to the restrictions and clamp-downs that work put on it. Good luck for MrK's interview, it's brilliant that he's been able to get one. Is it in an area you've lived/worked in before, or would it be brand new to you? And more importantly, would you be near any brookers?

ControlGeek Thu 25-Apr-13 14:16:38

x-post solars good luck with your immunes, brooking they come back negative and you are able to go full steam ahead. Loving that MrS also thought of the A Team when you said Mr T grin He certainly sounds dedicated and thorough, you are in very good hands.

Question for all of you experienced assisted brookers - have you all had your immunes tested prior to IVF? You know I'm not happy unless I've got something to worry about so my latest concern is that it hasn't happened for us because I have immune issues. When I was first seen for IVF last year I had an appointment with the embryologist, a dildocam and a trial transfer but nobody mentioned any further blood tests so is the case that not all clinics test for it?

Solars Thu 25-Apr-13 14:29:44

You're right Geek not all clinics test or even believe immunes can be an issue, and some of the treatment for it can be quite controversial. I was certainly never offered it on the NHS and only recommended it now with the new clinic. We could have said no (as it is expensive) but they said for me with the endometrioma they thought there is more likely an issue with immunes so we went for it. It is worth chatting to your consultant about. Do you have a follow-up booked?

ControlGeek Thu 25-Apr-13 14:51:10

solars I've just taken the coward's way out and texted my consultant to see if I can expect a recall letter soon. I will make a note in my little notebook to ask about immune testing when I do go. Perhaps they will let me pay privately for the test to put my mind at ease. I imagine it's likely that my NHS funding won't cover it.

ControlGeek Thu 25-Apr-13 15:18:03

<squeeeeeeee> I have an appointment at midday this saturday to kick things off again gringringrin

ControlGeek Thu 25-Apr-13 15:18:31

ps thank you solars and keep for nagging, I don't think I would have automatically got a letter judging by the text I had back!

Geek that is fantastic!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin

Solars Thu 25-Apr-13 15:28:09

Oh Geek I'm so bloody pleased for you!! Brooking like crazy you get to start ASAP!!

keepitgoing Thu 25-Apr-13 16:06:10

Ooh yay geek!!! No, I never had immune done. I think I would have considered if we had a couple of ivf implantation fails though.

solars I'm not too worried as MrK can always locum.
We have not lived anywhere near this potential job... But it is near the esteemed, very pregnant Sparks!!

Ahem, say what now Keep?? I couldn't convince you to the Peaks???

keepitgoing Thu 25-Apr-13 16:16:32

Well, its not far either, is it. And where's the hospital in the peaks, huh?

We've got hospitals around the edge of the peaks wink grin which hospital has he interviewed for?

BeedlesPineNeedles Thu 25-Apr-13 16:22:13

Fab news geek though I'm a bit shocked about the sat appointment. And no I haven't had immunes tested but then we have got a fairly clear diagnosis of crap sperm. I know that doesn't mean I'm 100% fit and healthy but we're not unexplained, I think I'd worry more about immunes if we were.

scarlett fab follicle growing grin

Oh and sorry about the dead laptop geek have you thought about getting an ipad or similar instead? If mrgeek has a proper computer at home that you can use for say printing etc and all you want to do is surf it could work quite well. Though possibly not much price difference to a laptop but much easier to surf in bed with. I love my Samsung tablet.

solars 10 vials of blood, are they vampires?

Oh and I didn't travel with my boss so I haven't spoken to him yet, probably won't get a chance until the end of next week now. By which time I'll probably be a sweating, crying hormonal mess from the downregging and I'll tell him everything before collapsing in a corner grin

Good luck to Mrkeep on the job search.

ControlGeek Thu 25-Apr-13 16:22:24

keep how exciting!!! (you would also be near me if you would be near sparks wink)

boo I think you and your little tribe need to take a Midlands holiday after booby has been born!

keepitgoing Thu 25-Apr-13 16:33:25

Heartlands.

Ooh geek you could do my finances!!

keepitgoing Thu 25-Apr-13 16:38:29

Not that that's all you're good for... I would love to meet you.

Shuffles off to bed

I would love to Geek smile smile

SweetieTime Thu 25-Apr-13 17:02:13

geek I had a sticky blood wobble some time ago and convinced gp to run basic teats for me as the clinic charged an eye watering £2500 for all their tests. It is worth asking when you go on Saturday, eekkkk Saturday. goodness that is really quick but at least not too lonf to worry abour it.

NoCupcakesOrCocktails Thu 25-Apr-13 19:08:50

Hello, sorry for being a bad brooker. Work has been so busy I've just been coming home & sleeping confused

I've missed so much. Solars thats such good news from your appointment. Your AMH levels are great. I'm brooking that the immune stuff will all be fine. We haven't had immune testing, I would like to have it though. I think our problems must be antibody related, unexplained is so frustrating.

Beedle I'm so excited for you, so it all starts on Wednesday then?

Geek how did you get an NHS appointment on a Saturday? shock Well done on contacting the consultant.

Sweetie how are you? Is tomorrow your official test date?

Good luck MrKeep with the job hunt.

I've only got 7 more shifts at work grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now