The Elderberry Pavlovas are pimping everyday – a lovely thread for 30+ ladies TTC #1 (Thread 7)

(984 Posts)

Newbies very welcome provided they meet the entrance criteria (TTC #1, over 30, TTC for 3+months, must have a special pot, NO instadiffers) and bring a bouquet of sausages when they join!

EasterBunnyGirlie Wed 27-Mar-13 23:05:01

Here I have decided that not getting my BFP this month is for the better, got big work piss up in April so couldn't be sober for that and get away with it and the holiday in may so I can have a few cocktails!!!

EasterBunnyGirlie Wed 27-Mar-13 23:05:52

(obviously my last holiday I can get hammered on wink)

cherrycoconut Wed 27-Mar-13 23:11:17

Thx Bunny out of interest, does anyone know how much you have to divulge to work? I know my current emotional instability (for someone usually pretty stoic about life) is akin to someone going through something much worse. I know they're worried for me and want to act accordingly. I know she had no social skills But can they really ask questions like 'are you worried you're going to die?' <side swipe helloa>

cherrycoconut Wed 27-Mar-13 23:14:00

See, you DO do positive thinking Bunny! Me I'm looking for the silver lining and embracing the red wine at the moment. For it's antioxidant purposes of course. Cough.

Wtf cherry?!! Who asked you that?! I don't know the legal bits but as far as I understand you don't need to divulge anything. If you need a doc's note, you can ask this to be really vague too.

barking that's crap news to deal with. Definitely time for your turn soon.

bunny good re cocktails! Maybe my naked shimmy killed the thread?

happylass Thu 28-Mar-13 06:18:26

Morning Berries. Thought I'd catch up on what I've missed seen as I'm awake at silly o'clock for no reason whatsoever and waiting for DP to wake up so I can jump his bones as its the middle of shag week and we were too tired last night
Sorry to all those who have had bad news/been visited by the evil witch.
Glad things are looking more positive for you Cherry. Whereabouts in Wales are you headed? I live in the south but we're off to the west coast on Saturday for some much needed R n R smile

EasterBunnyGirlie Thu 28-Mar-13 08:31:48

Morning! Here's something to make you chuckle, went to take my knickers off this morning and wondered why they wouldn't come off, must have been wriggling in the night as my pantyliner (god I hate that word) was folded in half and stuck to me! Ouch!!! blush

grin bunny

Ever had a bit of self-erm-waxing when that's happened with the short n curlies? blush

Frogcatcher Thu 28-Mar-13 09:43:35

Morning berries!

Home Hollywood for Bunny grin

Been quiet here due to manic day at work for me yesterday followed by impromptu drinks & pub quiz with DP & a couple of his work colleagues. Guess I'm technically in the 2WW now as CD23 tho have no idea when O was (if at all as temps are higher now but there was a dip the other day & FF hasn't given me any crosshairs yet) & whether I'm in with a chance of a BFP. There was a bit of a gap in DTD action which may have been at the critical time. I've going to try & refrain from testing until AF is later than she has ever been to save money & sanity!!

Our house is now on the market though so we're going full steam ahead with the Kevin McCloud method of conception. Had to pick up the Conceive Plus off the floor & hide the thermometer prior to a viewing this morning!

BombasticPeanut Thu 28-Mar-13 12:02:27

Errrm. Hello. Just sticking my nose in to see what's going on. Got my ID here...

31, married, TTC #1 since May 2012, MMC last Aug, AF is an occasional surprise visitor. Blood tests and scans sometimes normal, sometimes abnormal depending on mood of whoever interprets them. Currently on CD34ish so peeing feverishly on sticks.

Used to hang around the TTC after MC freds but got disheartened after everyone except me got duffed up and moved on. Don't recognise any names here but anyhoo. Nice to meet y'all!

happylass Thu 28-Mar-13 12:49:06

Hello and welcome Bombastic (or would you prefer Peanut??). You more than meet the entry criteria so come on in and make yourself at home. No instadiffers here so you won't be left behind I promise. So sorry to hear about the MMC. How far along the medical intervention route are you?
Looks like I'm holding the fort alone today seen as I'm sitting around doing sod all off work smile

cherry not sure how much you have to divulge. That's a bit of a strange one though!! Maybe she has a sheet of questions and the inability to assess which are really not applicable to the given situation!! My only experience of HR was quite positive. I went through a nasty divorce from a nasty idiot and started falling apart when things got even nastier. Work offered to refer me so I could access counselling. Looking back, I think they'd have referred me whether I said yes please or not, I was a mess. They asked me whether or not I wanted to kill myself. However, as I was clearly depressed at the time it wasn't such an off the wall question I suppose.

Just realised my shag week will entirely coincide with camping in a tent in Spain. Hmm. This is going to take severe dedication to the cause. Especially when we've got the fertility clinic next month and I don't expect to get successfully upduffed until they've sorted out my luteal phase for me. Balls. Really feeling like I can't be bothered trying until we've been to the clinic. Definitely not bothering with opk faff this month. PIMPing in a small Spanish campsite toilet is not my idea of fun!

Happy I've had such and an unproductive morning and can't stop thinking about NO WORK TOMORROW that I'm messing on my phone at lunchtime! I don't usually even check my phone while I'm at work as I don't get a chance but I'm so tired and ready for a holiday I can't concentrate!!!

And as I'm using the app on my phone I'll just fill the whole thread up as I can only reply to one person at a time as I lose track of what everyone else has said and once you start typing a reply you can't look back!!

Bunny ouch shock

happy and cherry holidays are GOOD! grin

peanut hello!! We don't tend to get many graduates very often from this thread, so I would say you'll be fine here, but actually I do hope we all leave really soon. We'll take you with us though smile . That did annoy me on other threads so I tend to just stick with this one now and don't even stray to read, nevermind post, elsewhere! Getting different results must be incredibly frustrating. Have you been referred anywhere useful or are they making you wait the 12 months?

frog after my delight at how thorough the new cleaner had been last week I realised we really had no secrets from her. She'd tidied the shelf in my bedside table so had seen the thermometer, the preseed and the applicators. She'd also tidied up the instructions for the opks and put my pyjamas in the wooden box in the bathroom (I'd left them on top of it) so she'll have seen the clearblue monitor and all the sticks and opks and pg tests that I keep in there. She also cleaned the top of the fridge so she saw my preconception vitamins and the ones I force down DP's throat DP takes.
I think our secret might be out!!!

<sidles back to work having talked to herself all lunchtime>

Half a day to go!!!! grin

SidneyBristow Thu 28-Mar-13 13:30:02

Hi berries, and new berry smile Quiet down my way bc I've been handling the school runs & after-school care of my SKs while DH is at a conference. It's been fun in bits and pieces but I am SHATTERED! CD18 here. Thanks merkin for the info on OPK sticks....I'm wondering now if I'd misinterpreted positives as negatives, bc my test lines looked too faint to be pos, but were definitely visible. Argh why do they put an illustration of pos/neg on the back of the packet if the intensity of the line doesn't much matter!!

Cherry your HR lady sounds like she's well-suited to her position hmm I'd always thought HR people had to have basic social skills and compassion, but apparently not!

Very jealous of you ladies who are moving soon; any babies brought home to our current place will have to live in a dresser drawer, it is just too crowded here!

BombasticPeanut Thu 28-Mar-13 13:34:16

Ooh excellent, shall get comfy then Happy since I'll probably be here for the long haul! Go with peanut, it's shorter smile

Re interventions, not far at all, suspect my GP moonlights as a chocolate teapot. Just a few inconclusive blood tests/scans this far, waiting on another scan appt and blood test results. Either way, won't be starting any actual interventions until August because I'm not infertile enough yet to give good ol' Mother Nature a chance apparently. Consultant appointment last week (actually junior doc appointment, consultant had a snow day) ended with them saying 'you can DO it without help' and me crying during a speculum exam. Happy days!

Whereabouts are you in all this fun and games?

EasterBunnyGirlie Thu 28-Mar-13 14:41:17

Welcome to the gang peanut we're a good bunch!

Got half day today so off to visit a friend and her baby, mixed feelings as always but better than if I'd seen her last week when I was in the grumps coz AF was coming!

EasterBunnyGirlie Thu 28-Mar-13 14:43:25

(oh bugger I pressed post too early) ... She's my only friend who knows we're trying so I can talk to her but she has no clue as she got upduffed second month of trying envy

Hey peanut. How come I recognise you from mc thread and you don't recognise me? Must be cos I'm so small and unassuming. Not.

barking shagweek in a tent- good luck! I would be a bit blush at cleaner seeing all the kit. But I'd deal with that if I could just have a cleaner! I bet they see all sorts of things.

bunny enjoy half day off! Back to work for me sad

BombasticPeanut Thu 28-Mar-13 15:20:45

Aha! I did wonder after I posted if that was you. Weren't you blundercats last time though? I guess the B thing didn't really work out for us then - might have to find a new peanut prefix..

bunny sidney and frog thanks, nice to find a friendly place for a spot of venting smile

Frogcatcher Thu 28-Mar-13 16:18:59

Welcome Peanut. Despite my advanced years I am a relative newbie to the TTC nightmare lark compared to some & only started temping & PIMPing with OPKs this month. However, due to the fact that I will be an ancient older mother I'm keen to start tests sooner rather than later. Sorry to hear that the system has been so useless for you so far but this does just confirm my belief that i need to find out just how useless my GP practice is sooner rather than later. Probably won't help me that it's one of those where you can't choose which GP you see but get whoever happens to be on duty. angry

barking it'll be quiet DTD for you then! Tent walls are notoriously thin! My cleaner starts next week. It was potential housebuyers I was hiding kit from! I seemed to remember merkin saying she once left a pot of pee out when people were viewing!! blush

Sidney - I might have been mis-interpreting my OPKs too then. I thought the line had to be as dark as the control line but none of them ever did & then they disappeared again. Might have to note when I get a visible line then rather than an "as dark" line.

<runs in, divebombs sofa and jumps up and down waving chocolate>

Did I mention I'm ON HOLIDAY!!!!! grin . Slightly regretting the camping option when we go away but hey, I was just trying to save money as usual.....

On a totally unrelated note, did anyone watch or hear anything about OBEM last night? pg woman at work starting crying when talking about it. She told me it was terrible (in an upsetting way) and that I shouldn't watch it sad (got it recorded).

Happy chocolate weekend everyone!!!! grin grin grin grin

BookTart Thu 28-Mar-13 18:44:06

Yes, happy long weekend off everyone. Jealous of the holiday frog, hope it warms up a bit for you though! This weekend I will be hiding all my pimping kit from my mother, who is coming to bother me visit for a couple of days and is blissfully unaware of my battle with a temping obsession blush. Hope you all have some exciting stuff planned for the weekend smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now