Trying to conceive after mc? Pregnant after MC and seeking somewhere safe to hide? Recently graduated from the mosh pit? Come on down to the mosh pit for some serious metalling and cake part 5

(315 Posts)

Hoping the new thread brings a plethora of BFPs and lots of healthy arrivals!

GinAndSlimlinePlease Sat 30-Mar-13 09:28:14

Thanks. I'm still spotting a bit of bright red blood. Keep thinking, oh, it's my period. Then it stops for the rest of the day angry

but, today I am really grumpy and stroppy, so AF probably is about to arrive properly!

I didn't realise it was called a wtf cycle! totally makes sense. my poor body has no clue what is going on grin

I'm about to have my house taken over by family, so I shall see the weekend out and then test if AF still hasn't arrived.

13loki Sat 30-Mar-13 09:30:17

Hi gin I had a mc at almost 7 weeks in late February, I got a BFP a week ago, so about 4 weeks after I stopped bleeding. Good luck.

GinAndSlimlinePlease Sat 30-Mar-13 09:30:53

dorita I didn't test. But I had a follow up scan after a week of no bleeding, and it was all good. so I'm assuming that any test would show up negative if I want pregnant.

But it does mean that if I do get a bfp, I won't really believe it grin

pebspop Sat 30-Mar-13 10:53:13

Hi ladies

Just had a nudge to update this thread wink

i am 39 weeks now and going to get induced if i don't go into labour by next weekend.

eeekkk!! can't believe i am so close to the end after everything i have been through in the last few years.

for those who don't know: i have had three mc's (12 weeks, 20 weeks and 8 weeks). for this pregnancy i have been taking aspirin and heparin injections everyday and it has worked. the baby measured correctly at every scan (and i have had a lot of scans!) instead of them keep saying i must have my dates wrong.

this is my first baby and i can't wait to put all the bad stuff behind me and meet my baby at last.

i haven't been updating the thread as i started to feel more confident once i could feel regular movements (at 24 weeks due to anterior placenta) and didn't feel like it was right to post when others are struggling. also i didn't feel like i needed the support or to be reminded about my mc's.

i feel like i have only been pregnant since 24 weeks so can't believe the baby is coming so soon. the first 24 weeks were just a blur of worry and hospital appointments!

hope everyone else is ok. i am going to have a look back through the thread and catch up a bit.

squizita Sat 30-Mar-13 15:24:13

Pebspop- thanks for this message. So glad things have gone well! I find it a great comfort (on my 3rd pregnancy, 1st 2 MCed) when I hear stories like yours and I am sure many others do too. Thanks.

MrsHeggulePoirot Sat 30-Mar-13 22:57:15

Pebspop! Hurrah, fantastic news I am so, so pleased for you. Do you know the gender? Ooohhhh I can't wait to hear if the arrival soon! Xxx

Dorita75 Sun 31-Mar-13 13:30:21

Can you believe it peps??? So exciting!

Dorita75 Sun 31-Mar-13 13:30:33

Or even pebs doh!

Jollyb Sun 31-Mar-13 14:24:42

So very glad to hear all going well Pebs. Best wishes for the birth and let us know when he arrives. X

lurcherlover Mon 01-Apr-13 14:13:02

Hi ladies. Pebs, great to hear from you - I have been wondering how you've been getting on. It's great to know you're so close to meeting your baby now!

Quick update from me - I'm in a similar situation, 38 weeks now and booked in for elcs next week. I won't relax until my baby is in my arms, but I'm getting excited now. I had a mmc in May last year and it was such a dark time. All being well, on the anniversary of my mmc my baby girl will be a month old, and I would never have been able to imagine that when it happened last year. Don't lose hope ladies xx

BoyMeetsWorld Mon 01-Apr-13 15:23:32

That's lovely lurcher, hope it all goes smoothly now for you.

How's everyone spending Easter Monday?

I just had a ridiculous craving for sweet and sour chicken balls. Of course, nowhere's open at 2.00 on a bank holiday. I nearly cried but lively DH drove everywhere looking and finally found a chippy...didn't get my chicken balls hmm but did get chips - maybe it was the vinegary taste I was craving!

Hope you're all doing well

squizita Tue 02-Apr-13 11:09:29

Lurcher what a great ending to your journey, lovely to hear!

First GP visit today. Gonna ask for TLC and reassurance scans or their recommended private scanner if they can't. And about bloods. You dont ask, you don't get!

Jollyb Tue 02-Apr-13 17:22:03

Ah great to hear all ok Lurcher. I posted on your name thread before realising it was you!

Squizita - definitely good to ask for an early scan. The protocol seems to vary area by area but it can't hurt to try.

Boy- I'm still addicted to crisps. I thought my salt craving would have lessened by now but no!

squizita Tue 02-Apr-13 18:55:47

Got a reassurance scan. They were v helpful.

Now having an utter freak out because of a tiny pink dot (like the smallest dot you can imagine which could be dust, part of the recycled TP etc') when I wiped. UTTER freak out. sad

MrsHeggulePoirot Tue 02-Apr-13 19:22:18

lurcher what lovely news! How exciting, can't wait to hear your good news about new arrival next week. I hope all goes well for you!

Squizita - DON'T PANIC! When is your reassurance scan. I would say to try and stay as calm as possibl, and not metal too much if you can. It is v hard I know to do and much easier for me to say, but try my lovely if you can.

Had my day 21 blood test this morning, am probably going to ring for the results later this week and see if they have them back (or get my dad to look them up next week as he is a consultant in the same trust!). I think actually having spent some time internet searching that the weight is the most important thing for me and so I have lost some but am really going to focus on that. Apparently losing 5% increases chances by 79% or something so that statistic (dont care if it is made up!) has inspired me - it will be good for me anyway to refind my motivation!!!

BoyMeetsWorld Tue 02-Apr-13 19:51:10

Aargh squizita those are the worst kind!!! I keep spending ages examining pieces of paper trying to analyse whether there are pinkish flecks in the paper. Might start buying coloured.

Def had some spotting after DTD with DH - despite being v v gentle. Apparently that's normal....I really hope so.

I'm sure you're fine - have you had any more?

squizita Tue 02-Apr-13 20:44:41

Thanks MrsHeggulePoirot and Boymeetsworld... in sanity-world I've checked again and nowt, just normal mucus (see through/a bit white). But you know how it is. Have a 1st scan Friday morning then usually they make another for 12 weeks (or 8-10 if worried) sadly I never get to the second hence my superstitious fears!! blush I aught to be more confident though; my last 2 started with a mini-period I almost missed (but this one, none of that - zero period and I think more symptoms) and my second had a scare at 5 weeks which turned out fine when scanned... I had a MC 3 weeks later but the first lot of spotting they said was unrelated. Well, I hope the next few wipes show nothing too... hanging on till Friday. Thanks for your kind words, will try to keep the old chin up. smile

MrsHeggulePoirot Tue 02-Apr-13 21:27:09

I like the idea of differentiating between 'sanity-world' and 'metalling-world' grin

amicablemoomin Wed 03-Apr-13 12:09:16

good luck with the blood test mrshp, and the scan squizita. Hope everyone is doing ok!

LCR77 Thu 04-Apr-13 14:42:55

Just when you think it's all going so well....everything ok now but had a bit of a scare this week or rather threatened miscarriage as the doc put on my notes.

Last week had some spotting for first time in this pg, phoned midwife and she said to keep an eye on it. if any worse to call antenatal triage as I may need to have the anti-D injection due to being rhesus negative. Monday night had quite a significant bleed but not fresh red plus back pain so tried not to panic and called triage tues am. They told me to come in for an assessment as would prob need injection (they gave me a small dose in the end)

Doctor examined me and then got a midwife to examine me too. Neither could determine where the bleeding was coming from so decided to keep me in hospital for 24 hour observation just in case my closed womb started to open or if start of a mc. Needless to say I was pretty petrified plus on my own as my OH had to be at work. Weds morning after no more bleeding docs decided to do another scan to check everything ok. It was a great relief to see the little wriggler moving around, growing properly, nothing untoward at all so came home late yesterday afternoon.

Thought I'd stopped metalling but after a miscarriage I don't think you ever do. September seems a very long time away now...Much love to you all

Bloody hell LCR77 that sounds terrifying. I am so glad that all seems to be well though and there was lots of wriggling. It sounds like you stayed amazingly calm. Big hugs to you.

I got my progesterone results back - it was 26. I been told this is fine, eg that I ovulated, but looking on the internet there is a lot of conflicting information. Anyone know anything about it?

Dorita75 Thu 04-Apr-13 17:33:26

Blimey LCR what an awful thing to go through, so scary. You're right, you just don't relax even when you get the okay. I hope you can take it easy over the next few days.

MrsHP I, rather unhelpfully, can't remember what my result was, but the doc said it was normal and showed that I ovulated. I had the high FSH result which is what I spent my time metalling about instead. Though I had it done again and it as below average so who knows what it all means. Try not to worry too much about the results (easy to say) as if there is something to be investigated further they seem to repeat things and use more indepth tests. My high FSH got me the fertility appointment even though the second one was low. It sounds like you have nothing to worry about, and should IGNORE google!!!

squizita Thu 04-Apr-13 19:32:34

Oh LCR what a scare! Glad to hear all is well.

MrsHP ... I second what Dorita says. Ignore the Google and take comfort from the pros! :-)

I had a bit of a day. Today in my 1st pregnancy I MCed so I was having a mad day. Then my car broke down and my mobile broke! I was going spare and convinced myself the stress would make me MC! I was so scared.

Jollyb Fri 05-Apr-13 12:37:26

Good luck for scan today Squizita

Mrs HP - sorry I don't know much about progesterone levels.

LCR - hope you're feeling a bit brighter. With this pregnancy I had 2 bleeds at 6 and 10 weeks which were terrifying - so hard to think positive when you've MC in the past.

Happy weekend everyone

squizita Fri 05-Apr-13 12:45:41

Thanks JollyB. Unfortunately when I got to the EPU they told me I was so early they were 50% unlikely to see anything definite anyway which would generate a PUL and would have to do bloods. So they had a look and saw... something, a tiny 3mm blob which could be a sac or could be nowt! So my 'reassurance' scan turned out to be a 'PUL with 48 hr bloods' ... the only reassurance being that before they even scanned me they warned me that it was likely to happen regardless of history. But basically, GP got over excited and booked me to early, had they just asked to do my bloods I wouldn't be freaking out about the 'PUL' think (which they HAVE to put when they don't know it's a sac) and thinking my bad back is ectopic shoulder pain and wind is one sided pain etc'. No bleeding, feel pregnant (gas, nausea a bit and puffy/bruised feeling boobage) so we will just have to see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now