TTC for the first time

(786 Posts)
bluefreckles Thu 17-Jan-13 18:50:24

Hello ladies

I would like to start a thread/bus/merry-go-round to meet, get support and share with ladies in the same boat as me:

TTC baby no 1!

Will you join me and see it through to the BFP?!

A bit about me - I'm 29, DP is 35. This will be our first child.

ELA88 Mon 18-Feb-13 23:50:01

Wow amazing dress! I love the skirt part, it's so different! There's so many gorgeous dresses on the website! Jealous! Haha going to attempt to dtd every day till my AF is due in 2 weeks (supposedly!!) xxx

Thank you! Can't wait to wear it.

This waiting until AF is due is killing me. I'm not a patient person at the best of times! X

crazycatlady82 Tue 19-Feb-13 13:20:51

Oh fairy! I completely understand. It drove me demented the first month.

Also, just curious, has anyone else experienced their husbands demanding daily sex on the grounds we are 'making a baby'?

It's not the sex I'm bothered about, just the fact he wants to do it at 5.30am. And I have explained I'm not ovulating (AF left on Sunday) but he just carries on regardless!

Today I am a disgruntled little cat lady...

xxx

lol my other half doesnt instigate things just as much as i'd like! tho generally if he does i'm not in the mood - typical!

x

ELA88 Tue 19-Feb-13 14:49:58

catlady I thought the exact same thing this morning and yesterday! I thought I was the one a little obsessed with the whole pregnancy thing but in the car yesterday I mentioned I thought I should be ovulating yesterday and he said "what? We should've dtd this morning then!" And he's instigating much more saying "I want to get you pregnant!" Which I'm not going to complain about! Very random though because I thought he wouldn't be massively bothered and have a "it will happen in time" approach! Xxx

WakeyCakey Tue 19-Feb-13 19:12:26

DP is out tonight, getting some much needed rest with the flu still about me.
Still haven't ovulated this month. AF finished on the 7th so feeling a bit crap.
According to my AFs since New year I should come on again pretty soon but hoping I can stretch to a 28 day cycle instead if 16 days,
Do you think I still have a shot at ovulating this month or could it still just be the effects of the pill wearing off (last one New Year's Eve)

crazycatlady82 Tue 19-Feb-13 19:32:02

ela haha!

Maybe it's because they see it as male virility - me man! You woman! You will have my baby <ands beat chest as woman is in aww of his manliness>

Haha!

smile xx

Lol x

crazycatlady82 Tue 19-Feb-13 19:43:26

Oh ms cakey of course you do smile

I went to see a obs and gyno dr when I a my coil out and she sad that your highest chance of conceiving is when you first come off the pill so, don the cape and DTD...

Xxx

crazycatlady82 Tue 19-Feb-13 19:43:52

Flipping iPad autocorrect sad

ELA88 Tue 19-Feb-13 19:48:30

Lol I think you got it in one there! At least I'm feeling a bit more relaxed this month, well at the moment anyway! And no poas for me if I can hold out! I've not bought anymore yet to stop any temptation. So glad I found this forum though, it makes me feel better knowing there are other girls feeling the same way as me and are here to listen! Think I'm having a bit of a moment! Xxx

WakeyCakey Tue 19-Feb-13 19:54:42

I don't think my flu is helping! Just down at the moment. Maybe a spring time conception for me smile

On the flip side, I am seriously considering making a cape tonight!!

ELA88 Tue 19-Feb-13 20:02:11

Aww get better wakey! Maybe it will make you feel better? My DH seems to think its a cure for all? Xxx

I def feel better actually being able to talk about things with other people too!

It's all so hush hush normally!

Having an alcohol free beer and chips - healthy dinner not lol x

ELA88 Tue 19-Feb-13 20:24:11

I had chips and saveloy for lunch so had a healthy salad dinner! Glad I did really as supersize v superskinny is making me feel a bit sick! Xxx

I've ridden my horse and done 5k on the exercise bike so happily stuffing my face with aunt Bessie's crinkle cut chips in a butty lol grin

123234345 Wed 20-Feb-13 13:54:21

Fairydogmother - wow that is a fabulous dress. Hope you have a fab day!

I'm jealous of all of you with partners wanting lots of sex! Mine is willing but works very long hours so we aren't doing it as much as we should :-( Having said that, I'm not sure I could cope with a husband demanding sex at 5:30am!

Thank you! Mega excited to wear it lol.

Anybody else feeling very mighty pissed off at waiting to POAS?! I've had cramping today - very mild but annoying. Hoping that's a good sign... X

ELA88 Wed 20-Feb-13 22:27:24

fairy when's AF due? I've still got 10 days till AF so trying not to think about it yet xxx

Due next Thursday/ Friday. So could see maybe next Tuesday/ Wednesday?! X

ELA88 Thu 21-Feb-13 08:17:09

Ooo! Good luck! Mine is due the following Monday so ages yet! I'm not sure whether to buy a test or just wait and see after Monday if AF turns up. I hate seeing the bfn's xxx

i have to say that if theres a test in the house i get an overwhelming urge just to use it even tho i know it'lll be a no! strange that i am lol.

our anniversary is next week so we were planning on going out on sat 2 march for a nice dinner. i'll know next week whether i can have champagne or not! x

ELA88 Thu 21-Feb-13 08:32:34

Same here! I used the 2 I had last month and haven't bought anymore! Ill try and hold out as long as I can! It is an overwhelming urge to know though! Aww hopefully you won't be able to have champagne then! Xxx

even i'm happy to give up my anniversary alcoholic celebrations for this! tho i'd really been looking forward to a nice bottle of wine with dinner lol. but this is far more important than wine!

i think i saw the clearblue digital ones on offer in tescos - they are massively expensive still tho! x

pixie0602 Thu 21-Feb-13 13:39:17

Hi ladies..been M.I.A last couple of weeks so congrats to all the bfp's and hi to the the newbies.... Feeling really shitty at the moment and really overwhelmed so may have to delay the ttc til I feel a bit more myself :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now