TTC #1 - Thread 8

(294 Posts)
RaspberrysAndIcecream Mon 31-Dec-12 17:02:42

New Year - New Thread!!! And hopefully lots of BFP's all round!!

Fx for everyone!!

MrsBri Sun 06-Jan-13 12:14:54

Yep...FMU and either a blank circle or a smiley face. Can't go wrong!

I'll post them tomorrow for you. :-)

Thunderthunderthundercats Sun 06-Jan-13 12:18:17

You're a star!

bumbletum Sun 06-Jan-13 13:18:49

Hello all,
I'm new to mumsnet, new to posting on threads and new to ttc.
Since making a NY res with DH to give up alcohol and contraception and see what happens, I can't get babies out of my head. So damn impatient. So much to learn (both about mumsnet acronyms and ovulation).
Not kept track of AF so a little unsure of ov dates but DTD more often than usually and keeping fingers (but not legs) crossed.

Best of luck to you all this year, hope it's full of babies!

MotherOfCleo Sun 06-Jan-13 15:09:13

hi thunder i started with asda ones and the moved on to amazon ones, I test late morning, between 12 and 1ish I ignore the 20 min wait I do not want to keep my pee company for 20 mins Also i dont drink much in the morning so that isnt really an issue. I did check the amazon opk positive with an asda one and that confirmed so the amazon ones seem ok I think. Fingers crossed for both of us!! grin

MotherOfCleo Sun 06-Jan-13 15:12:50

snap bumble we are all impatient here so you are in good company! grin

What do we want? BFP (big fat positive) When do we want it? Now! grin

The first month its a good idea to just pay attention to your body, I get crampy pains when I OV (ovulate), but I only know that from using OPKs (ovulation predictor kits).

I wish you lots of luck and good sex. wink

RaspberrysAndIcecream Sun 06-Jan-13 16:44:12

Hi everyone, I don't look at the thread for a few days & it takes off!!

Hi to all the newbies, welcome!! smile

I'm on day 27, no peak on the cbfm, but loads of dtd & I thought I'd ov'ed about day 18 according to cm. So I've decided I'm in the 2ww,
And I'm impatient - I'd just like to know please!!!

I have a new book that I'm reading, it's called the impatient womans guide to getting pregnant - written by a woman & so far has been a pleasant read - the author has been in the ttc position & reading it at times has been like I could have written it!! Lol!!

Sorry about the bfn block - has AF appeared yet or are u in limbo land?

Thunderthunderthundercats Sun 06-Jan-13 18:51:58

Thanks MOC, oddly enough when I'd lost faith in the opks I just went to check on today's and there's a really strong second line!! I didn't test yesterday so didn't have any preparation as it were, but we did dtd last night. Am I right in thinking I've probably got another 24 hours to get down to it?

Doubly pleased as this is first real cycle after mmc so just pleased it looks like I am actually ovulating. Hooray!

Thunderthunderthundercats Sun 06-Jan-13 18:53:20

hi raspberry, So when will you poas?

MotherOfCleo Sun 06-Jan-13 19:05:54

thunder yep it normal says the positive opk tests for the LH surge and predict that you'll OV in the next 12 to 36 hours I think. Go do the BD. wink We are only on cd4 and have already DTD twice for fun....makes a nice change. smile

Thunderthunderthundercats Sun 06-Jan-13 19:09:35

Sorry for my ignorance again, but do I keep testing on the opks then? Eg will the line go which will tell me when it's over or something?

Thunderplonker x

bumbletum Sun 06-Jan-13 19:16:03

Ta for the advice MoC good to hear I'm not the only impatient one. Feel a bit crampy so might get some opk to see if I'm imagining it or if it really is ov! In the meantime, as you say, dtd for fun ain't so bad wink. That sounds like some better news Thunder smile.

MrsBri Sun 06-Jan-13 19:27:09

You could keep testing, Thunder, if you like. Make sure the surge is real OV, not a false dawn, as it were. No great expense when using cheapies. Could be worth it on your first proper cycle.

Assuming you don't get your BFP this cycle (but fx you do) you'll have a clearer idea of your testing window next cycle.

Thunderthunderthundercats Sun 06-Jan-13 19:32:31

Thanks mrs, so all the while there's a line, I should be dtd-ing? Plus a day or so later? Do they usually stay +I've for a few days for most people?

MrsBri Sun 06-Jan-13 19:41:50

Sometimes 2 days, quite often 1.

'They' say it is better to DTD prior to OV rather than after.

The cycle I got pg we DTD the 3 nights prior to smiley, not on the day of smiley as we went to London for the day (though we would have done otherwise), and then on the day after the smiley. At least you did it last night. I'd definitely do it again tonight and tomorrow if I were you.

Cacks81 Sun 06-Jan-13 19:50:38

Thanks fl0b0t. I too hope the stay is short. As I hope for all of you. It would be so brilliant for us all to start a new 'conceived' thread together!

I am yet to POAS as my AF arrives bang on time EVERY month. No guess work there. Plus, trying to save money and something keeps telling me I'm not.

Interested to know how people have done with temping. Think mine indicated I ovulated on CD10? Does that seem early? Temp is still high, but slowly coming down .1degree at a time. What do other people's temps do?

Thanks. X

Thunderthunderthundercats Sun 06-Jan-13 19:53:47

Thanks mrs, so all the while there's a line, I should be dtd-ing? Plus a day or so later? Do they usually stay +I've for a few days for most people?

Thunderthunderthundercats Sun 06-Jan-13 20:00:43

Weird, my message popped up again! Yeah I knew that about prior activity, so have probably missed the boat this time. OH doesn't need the pressure so we haven't dtd the last few days, it's ok though - like you say at least it's all information for next time, and I'm still just pleased to be ovulating!

Blockette Mon 07-Jan-13 09:55:50

Wow! that's a lot of new people smile - we will need a BFP clear out soon! (FX'ed)

Well I'm still waiting for my AF - in fact all my AF symptoms have gone, apart from the bloated belly .. thanks for that AF fairy!

I might test again on Wednesday, as that's a week late - hopefully my stick was just broken wink

Thunderthunderthundercats Mon 07-Jan-13 13:23:35

Hi everyone, how's it all going?

block are you normally regular? That is some willpower waiting til Weds to test! Not tempted to do it sooner...... go on go on go on

Blockette Mon 07-Jan-13 15:02:47

I'm normally 30/31 days so pretty regular, apart from the first month off the pill, but that's to be expected.

I know, DH is away till Wednesday so need to wait for him.

Although I am so tempted to do one and just not tell him - then if its +'ve do another one on Wednesday and be all "surprised" - is that bad? lol

When are you due to test this month Thunder? are your cycles back to normal yet?

Thunderthunderthundercats Mon 07-Jan-13 15:09:06

It may be a bit cheeky, block, but I would have to do it- I'd just need to know! But if you will be really gutted by bfn, maybe wait? Personally I just like to know either way and I will be rooting for you if you decide to test!

First cycle for me since mmc and wtf bleeding since Nov, and first time using opks, got a line last night- was so excited! Will poa opk again today, but really hoping that it is ov and I'm getting back to normal. Yesterday was CD14 since last bleed, so could even be a proper cycle..!!! Didn't dtd enough in the few days prior to +ive so prob not much chance this month but am just pleased that I might be working again. plus I'm about to start a new job so in theory shouldn't be ttc again til I start, but I can't help it- for the sake of my own sanity

Fuls Mon 07-Jan-13 17:43:51

quick question

how early can you get pregnancy symptoms?

I cannot possibly be pregnant I'm CD13 and since having implant removed in August my cycles have been 27-35 days but the last 2 days I have felt sick, my boobs really hurt and I'm just so tired! could it be ovulation symptoms because I've also had cramps and sharp pains in my lower abdomen. I don't want to poas cuz I feel a bit silly and maybe I'm just reading into things and I've probably got norovirus!!!!!!

Blockette Tue 08-Jan-13 09:42:54

Fuls Just do it! - If you feel silly, then don't get your hopes up and laugh at yourself if its a -ve, but at least you wont have that nagging feeling any more at the back of your mind.

It's unlikely that its +ve but you just never know!

Thunderthunderthundercats Tue 08-Jan-13 10:03:33

Yeah just test, fuls. And speaking of just testing.....*block*....?!

Blockette Tue 08-Jan-13 10:03:46

Well - DH has just called and put a spanner in the works - He's been offered a Job in America, to start in 2 months! WHAT!?!

So he's now told me that he thinks we should stop actively TTC and just "see what happens" at least for the next few months while we sort out what we will do about America, and if we do go, he would want time to settle in and know how things work there first, without the added stress of TTC.

Will find out more later this week when he's back. - but that might mean I'm out, and not for the good reasons sad

In the meantime ... still no AF so will re-test tomorrow. Although not feeling any symptoms so don't have my hopes up -just a wtf cycle I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now