Webchat with Tristram Hunt, Labour education shadow, MONDAY 27 April at 12 midday ×

TTC after recent mc - thread 3. Handholding, naff jokes and the infamous Laura Ashley skirt.

(976 Posts)

Happy new thread! Here's hoping for lots of Christmas and new year bfp's, and long healthy pregnancies for everyone. smile

JBrd Wed 30-Jan-13 13:57:43

Congrats anda! That is so lovely, very envy

I started WW at the same time as we started ttc, lost 2.5 stone before I got my BFP back in November. I didn't tell WW immediately, as I wanted to wait until at least 12 weeks, but had already made plans to move over to SW after Christmas. Which I then didn't need to do sad
WW has worked really well for me, and I think it's a shame that they don't let pg women do the programme, they are just covering their backs. I put on 3st when I was pg with DS, most of it during the first trimester! Am definitively planning to do SW, when I get pg again.

GardenWorm Wed 30-Jan-13 15:41:37

Wow Anda that's fab news! Congratulations!

littlepinkfizz Wed 30-Jan-13 17:26:37

Well, feel ashamed. Seems it was a chemical pregnancy. Period arrived full force this morning. Preg test negative. What a fool I have been. Good lucj to everyone. I'm through x

Bakingtins Wed 30-Jan-13 17:42:42

Oh pinkfizz I'm sorry. But why do you feel ashamed? You've done nothing wrong. Shitty luck is all it is. Can completely understand the "straw that breaks the camels back" feeling about another knife in the guts, but I hope we'll see you back at some point. Unmumsnetty ((HUGS)).

chocolateteabag Wed 30-Jan-13 18:41:10

PinkFizz - please don't feel ashamed! You've not done anything wrong in posting on here. Mother nature just been super Bitchy to you this month.

Hope you are taking some "me time" with wine and chocolate a plenty. But also do come back to us if/when you feel like it

IBelieveInPink Wed 30-Jan-13 18:51:49

Oh pink. Im so sorry. I remember that feeling. Hope you have people there to Hug you x

GardenWorm Wed 30-Jan-13 19:59:11

Hey fizz you haven't been a fool, you've just got hope and without it where would we all be? Virtual hugs coming your way.

Bollocks littlepink, that just sucks. We are here if you need us x

shellshock7 Wed 30-Jan-13 20:24:36

Oh littlepink that's so sad hmm I hope you're bein looked after in RL

BumpKitty Wed 30-Jan-13 20:27:37

lpf that is just shit. Never feel bad about hoping for the best please stay with us if it helps to talk xxxx

JanieLovesHerThreeLeggedCat Wed 30-Jan-13 21:09:32

oh fizz i'm so sorry. sending lots of love your way xxx

IBelieveInPink Thu 31-Jan-13 08:04:39

Anyone had a sneaky poas today? Or do you all have willpower?

Pink...have you?!

yorkiebilb Thu 31-Jan-13 09:08:32

Fizz so sorry to hear you're out. It really is a load of emotional sh!t!!!!

I'm 10 dpo today and I'm not feeling positive as having lots of cramps indicating AF is on the way! hmm It really is all v depressing.

fx for everyone else testing soon!

yorkiebilb Thu 31-Jan-13 09:09:07

Fizz so sorry to hear you're out. It really is a load of emotional sh!t!!!!

I'm 10 dpo today and I'm not feeling positive as having lots of cramps indicating AF is on the way! hmm It really is all v depressing.

fx for everyone else testing soon!

Hi yorkie! What dpo does af normally come for you? Am sending positive vibes your way...

IBelieveInPink Thu 31-Jan-13 09:44:33

Haven't today no. After yet another bfn yesterday I have given up this month and just waiting for af now. Pah.

CoffeeForSally Thu 31-Jan-13 09:52:01

AF showed. AAAAAARGH. And it hit me really badly this month emotionally. Had to have a weep on DH this morning.

Bollocks. Sorry to everybody else having a shit time too.

ibip, ic or FRER?

I am the acronym idiot queen

Oh pants pants pants coffee, that is crap. sad angry

yorkiebilb Thu 31-Jan-13 09:55:45

Sorry to hear that Pink when's your AF due?

Hi thunder how are you doing? Thx for the positive vibes. Think my typical cycle was 29 days but my last one after mc was 31 days so who knows! My AF was 8 days long this cycle (usually 5) so could be a longer cycle this time as well.

yorkiebilb Thu 31-Jan-13 09:57:56

Sorry to see your post Coffee what a load of crap crap crap!!!

Yeah I'm alright thanks yorkie, I start my new job soon so I'm feeling positive about that, and the positivity has no link whatsoever with getting a bfp (in fact for the job it would be better if I didn't), so it feels like a nice extra balance to my life. For now anyway!

So you've probably got another 4+ days til af? Do you usually cramp like this? I don't reckon you're out yet by any stretch. Nor ibip. And for coffee, I prescribe a little retail therapy treat or some wine, pâté, soft cheese or just good old chocolate.

IBelieveInPink Thu 31-Jan-13 10:17:51

Oh boo Sally. And many more words that I shouldn't say. It sucks. sad

Thunder still on the ic's. Not wasting £5s. Have actually done quite well with my money this month for once so may treat myself to something ridiculously expensive when af shows up on Saturday.

Yorkie- a longer cycle sounds possible? Maybe?

CoffeeForSally Thu 31-Jan-13 10:19:19

RAR RAR RAR. Thanks. I have gone through (a) woeful (DH to me this morning: "Are you... sure you should be going to work like this?") (b) angry and now on to (c) RIGHT THEN let's have another go (with a side of angry). Already. In a morning. Now with extra Bvits as I need a longer damn lp, 9 days is clearly not cutting it.

I am going to console myself with the shiny new(ish) car we bought yesterday. And having my hair done at the weekend. And wine although maybe not for a few hours...

yorkie and ibip you're not out till you're out. Fingers crossed and positive vibes.

thunder yay for the new job! It's great you've got good stuff going on in Other Areas - I think if I couldn't be positive about SOMETHING at the moment I would be hiding under the bed and refusing to come out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now