TTC after recent mc - thread 3. Handholding, naff jokes and the infamous Laura Ashley skirt.

(976 Posts)

Happy new thread! Here's hoping for lots of Christmas and new year bfp's, and long healthy pregnancies for everyone. smile

Thunderthunderthundercats Wed 02-Jan-13 11:46:48

I'm with you sally on the not working too hard- which is blatantly obvious seeing as I'm back on here again!

CD 24 then eh? Even if you do manage to wait til Monday, that's not very far off at all now, how exciting! Are you symptom spotting or ignoring that too?

littlepinkfizz Wed 02-Jan-13 12:18:39

tins we are still in for the end of the month so all is not lost! Must put myself onto the back of the bus,join me there?! X

littlepinkfizz Wed 02-Jan-13 12:21:28

By the way, I have been working out my cycle dates wrong all these years if the MN ovulation calendar right. I always thought first day of AF was cd 1 then you counted through to 28 then AF due the next day cd 1?

Have I been wrong?

Thunderthunderthundercats Wed 02-Jan-13 12:25:56

littlepink that's what I do- first day of af is CD1 and then count through til it comes again, solo for me that was sometimes up to CD32 (but recently just CD11!).

Haven't looked at the MN ov calculator though- it does it a different way?

BaublesForSally Wed 02-Jan-13 14:55:39

thunder yes, exciting! It kind of crept up on me this month what with Christmas. Symptoms... nothing to speak of. I feel quite dizzy but that seems to happen every month now (only since mc).

littlepink pretty sure that's right, day 1 of AF is CD1.

chocolateteabag Wed 02-Jan-13 17:11:51

Hello - have had a rweally skivy first day back working from home today. Will have a horrid morning tomorrow starting at 6am.Will have to sort out work clothes later this evening as have pretty much slobbed out since my MC!

LPF - I was sure that was the right way - CD1 is first day of proper AF. But I guess Ovulation counter also takes into account how many days till you OV - I could nver tell so always stuck in 14.

Sally - I have not been checking for OV signs - just DTD as much as possible. Am now on CD23 if first day of MC is CD1. But no idea if or when I OV'd so just going to keep on DTD until either I get AF or reach end of the month and then might test but I shall likely cave in sooner and test next week sometime

Bakingtins - sorry about AF getting you. I think you need to have a second NYE this weekend to make up for it? Maybe we should all join you to make it more of a party? grin

chocolateteabag Wed 02-Jan-13 17:13:12

WTF - "rweally" blush - have clearly forgotten how to type in the last 3 weeks.

Bakingtins Wed 02-Jan-13 17:39:03

Nice idea teabag, but I'd sort of agreed with DH to do the "dry January" thing - not that we are total alkies, but have become a bit too quick to break open the vino, especially since the MC. Have been really careful over Christmas and New Year though because I was hopeful we'd have a reason to abstain.
I hate New Year anyway, it's always a massive anticlimax. I worked NYE and had to go in late for the in-patients, so we just had a tellyfest watching a box set of The Killing, which I am now hooked on.
Ah well, hoping for a seat on the October bus!

BlingJingleJanie Wed 02-Jan-13 20:26:01

oh teabag i know the feeling - i seem to have totally ballooned - i think i blamed the mc for it too much but trying to get back on track today. i lost 2 stone last year with weight watchers before my wedding in april and now about a stone is slowly but surely creeping back on and i chucked out all my fat clothes! back on track today and just been to a spin class o kick my ass back into gear.

i wanted to lose weight before getting pregnant if possible so that i could try to avoid the wobbly belly!

diyqueen Wed 02-Jan-13 20:30:26

Hello everyone, I've been lurking here for a couple of days and thought I'd show myself. I'm not ttc yet as still bleeding from miscarriage that started 14th december - it's been a horribly drawn-out affair (with Christmas eve and morning in hospital with suspected ectopic but thank goodness it wasn't) - but keen to get on with it asap. So sad to see so many others going through it too sad but mn has been a real help and comfort.

Anyone else here have problems conceiving and dreading going through the whole waiting and hoping process again? Was so chuffed to conceive after just 6 months this time (dd took 18 months - there are issues we know about that make it take a bit longer) and now so bitterly disappointed. I have a friend who started ttc at the same time, fell pregnant first month, and is due in a few weeks, really hammers it home. I would so love dd to have a sibling and a not too massive age gap, but dreading ages trying and being disappointed.

Oh and thanks to some of you whose names I recognise who replied to my thread in the miscarriage section, really appreciated it.

Thunderthunderthundercats Wed 02-Jan-13 21:08:44

Hey baking, I am the same with the vino, and mmc + Christmas combined has meant a very boozy time here too. <hides new glass of wine behind love handle>

diy so sorry you have been having such a horrible time, what bad timing as well- not that there's ever good timing but you know what I mean.

I didn't have a long wait the first time so can't directly relate but I can empathise with the dread of having to wait to conceive again. Do you have specific things you can do to help the issues? Hopefully there is some solace in the fact that you are more fertile after mc so once you're ready to start again that might increase your chances?

diyqueen Wed 02-Jan-13 21:34:32

Thanks, and sorry about your mmc too. The issues are on dp's side rather than mine, he is eating healthy, going to the gym etc but can't do any more than that, we just have to dtd as much as possible, try and get the timing right, and hope. Maybe we're due some more luck and it will happen faster this time. Bakingtins I know what you mean about the drinking, when ttc dd I went to a wedding (it was one where I really could have used a few drinks to get through it), didn't touch a drop, then af came the next day. I really feel like getting very drunk after the last few weeks but am still bf dd so have to be a bit careful still.

Thunderthunderthundercats Wed 02-Jan-13 21:44:35

Well diy I guess this increased fertility thing means us women are more susceptible to sucking up those sperm (as it were), so still could be good for you? Hope so!

Bakingtins Thu 03-Jan-13 08:00:11

Hi diy good to see you venturing over here. We tried for 12 m for the baby we lost, though I don't think there are issues other than my age (38), I've had 4 prev pregnancies and have 2 children so we've got there in the end, it just takes longer and longer. Pretty disheartening though, I so want to be pregnant by EDD in April and have a baby this year, but not too many chances left. I hope you'll be one of the people who benefit from the alleged postMC boost to fertility.
No idea what is going on with me. I had a day of AF now it has all stopped again. Is that still CD1 or do I count when she arrives in earnest? Since MC I seem to have had spotting a few days before she turns up, but this was a proper bleed, then nothing. Surely am too far post MC for hormones to still be screwed up (4m)?

Thunderthunderthundercats Thu 03-Jan-13 08:07:46

That's really odd baking, was it on time? See what happens over next day or two I guess. I'm guessing it was too much to be anything other than af?

Bakingtins Thu 03-Jan-13 08:14:09

couple of days early but I thought I ov'd early this cycle so about 2w post ov. Too much to be 'implantation' even if I were feeling optimistic but usually a 5 day AF and at least a couple heavy, so where has the witch gone? I blame too many repeats of 'Room on the Broom' on V+. The witch taped her broomstick and whoosh she was gone! V annoying.

Thunderthunderthundercats Thu 03-Jan-13 08:20:30

Ha, I thought 'room on the broom' might have been some kind of metaphore then! Hmmm very odd indeed. If it comes back today I'd be tempted to count yesterday as CD1, otherwise...well see what happens next. V frustrating.

A friend of mine didn't think she was pg because she thought the bleed was a mini period. Turns out it was twins. Just sayin..... (probably unhelpful- sorry if so!)

Bakingtins Thu 03-Jan-13 11:07:21

grin I have a friend who had 2 children then TRIPLETS. Don't even joke about it...

Thunderthunderthundercats Thu 03-Jan-13 11:28:39

Tempted to poas just to be sure?

Bakingtins Thu 03-Jan-13 14:08:05

Not yet. Will see what transpires over the next few days.

"taped her broomstick?" should be "tapped" obviously.

ladyluck12 Thu 03-Jan-13 19:18:59

Hi!
I'm a bit of a late one but please can I join?
Had a mc in November and just finishing off first AF after that.
Trying to get back into TTC but a bit scared tbh.

Bakingtins Thu 03-Jan-13 19:56:33

Welcome ladyluck (good name)

Speaking of which, are we having new names for the new year, and if so whose good luck are we following?

andadietcoke Thu 03-Jan-13 20:24:30

ladyluck hi [waves]

Sorry you find yourself here, but it's a good place to be, if you have to!

I was scared too. It didn't dissipate until after first post-mc AF was out of the way and my body felt like my own again. See how you feel. One day I just felt ready again.

Hi to diyqueen too!

BlingJingleJanie Thu 03-Jan-13 20:44:19

hi diy and ladyluck , sorry you've had to join us but we're a good bunch. anything goes, i've never felt awkward asking even the silliest of questions as most have gone through the same emotions. sending hugs.

i'm all for a name change, my name is still a little bit christmassy for my liking!

hope anyone that's back to work isn't having a crap a week as mine! luckily i'm off on a girly weekend tomorrow so there's light at the end of the tunnel!

GardenWorm Thu 03-Jan-13 21:21:25

Hi Hi - another newbie here. Ouchee there really are too many of us! TTC numero deux after 2 may be 3 MC's (if my gut instinct on the first one is correct). I'm 37 so the eggs may be slightly scrambled, who knows. I've had a nosey on here for a couple of days and have to say you all seem lovely...hope I don't let the side down ;o)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now