Just Shagging - JSers roll up for fred 12

(1000 Posts)
Kittenkatzen Thu 01-Nov-12 14:03:15

Oh, the other fred filled up all of a sudden! Oh well here's a new one....(horse feel free to replace if you want to be fred starter, just didn't want everyone in limbo!)

Fred rules;

1. Thou shalt shag as much as humanly possible in order to get upduffed.
2. Thou shalt not partake of OPKs, temping, or charting.
3. Thou shalt keep symptom spotting to a minimum.
4. Thou shalt share wine and brew with your fredmates where needed.

JSing lingo;

ERTD = Evil Red Tide of Dooooooommmmmmm. Or AF to most others.
Pant snot = Egg white cervical mucus.
Doing a kitten = Getting upduffed soon after joining (warning: may induce in other posters).
Viroid = This is you, dear poster. The reason for this is a closely guarded secret, known only to....er....well, nobody as far as we can tell!
POAS = Pee On A Stick (of the pregnancy detecting kind, not from a tree). Also known as PIAR (Pee In A Ramekin - cos we're posh birds innit).
Shagging like something = JSing like a teenage nymphomaniac.
Giving a hooya = Giving a much needed slap to a fellow poster in danger of slipping into ttc obsession.

The link to Part 11 is [[http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1553148-Just-Shagging-The-lazy-TTCers-heaven-this-is-Shaggers-Corner-Part-11 here]

The link to the latest grads thread is here

Happy shagging shaggers grin

frogchops Mon 19-Nov-12 20:19:17

Oh yes I've got lots of those washing things. I've been using a little pot tht I bought Creme brûlée in once! Since then I've used it for jelly. Bug now its had my wee in I think it's jelly days are over.

Bronte41 Tue 20-Nov-12 06:37:14

Ok, I'm dpo11 and cd25. I want to test. Someone slap me!

Must step away from the measuring cup.

Kittenkatzen Tue 20-Nov-12 07:47:35

<hooyas bronte > grin when are you expecting ertd? Can you stick it out to the weekend?

mrsbri aahh I would say that sucks but clearly it doesn't - there couldn't be a nicer reason to not be able to make it!

grin at all the various choices of pee receptacles!

GaryBuseysTeeth Tue 20-Nov-12 07:54:47

<double teams Kitten to hooya Bronte > I would test on the weekend if I were you, you're 'late' enough in your cycle to get a bfp (albeit a squinter), but the sensible thing would be to wait!

I use a terracotta pate pot from Sainsburys, may have to buy myself a nicer pee pot, golden chalice anyone?

Hope everyone has a great day!
It looks like we've only got one mouse left, we think he's living in the cooker!

Kittenkatzen Tue 20-Nov-12 11:21:21

Oh! Is that you horse?! Or do we have a thread-wide mouse problem I should be concerned about?!

Hi ladies, my pot of choice is the lid of a hair heat protection spray, PIAHTSL!

So, a little poll ladies. Has anyone else put on weight since coming off the pill? I have! Even had to buy new bra as they are bigger too! Started wondering if even though ive had periods im preg!

frogchops Tue 20-Nov-12 13:35:17

Lol at the ppp pâté piss pot.
I feel a bit posh with my Creme brûlée dish. Piacbd.
Havnt put any weight on, but then I did join slimming world.

flyingsprocket Tue 20-Nov-12 14:36:33

Hi All,

I was an avid follower of the JSing thread about 7 months ago but found that I was better off away from mumsnet and trying not to obsess about the whole ttc affair.

This morning I PIAR (from a yummy Gu dessert) and got a BFP!!!

Isn't there a grad thread from here? Now that I'm PG (wooohoooo!!) I'm willing to mumsnet away til the cows come home smile

Bearface Tue 20-Nov-12 15:30:49

There is a grads fred Flying - I think it's in the blue 'Fred Rules' bit that Kitten posted at the top of the fred. Congrats on the BFP! smile Hopefully we'll all follow you there soon.

34 - I did put on some weight, but TBH it was because of eating too much and work stress and never having time to go to the gym. I don't think it was from the pill. Sorry, that doesn't help, does it?

Hope all is well with everyone. In Bear News, I've got a job interview - hurrah!

Bearface Tue 20-Nov-12 15:31:50

Frog - mine's a different PPP - pee in a plastic pot - not so glam!

Kittenkatzen Tue 20-Nov-12 15:53:47

Congrats flying...bear is right, grads link is in the first post of the thread, say hi to the grads and save us JSers some comfy spots please grin

34 my weight has stayed pretty steady tbh...I have been better about going to the gym the last few months though.

Ooh congrats on the interview bear when is it?

Bronte41 Tue 20-Nov-12 16:56:17

Thanks kitten and gbt - I need to keep this in perspective. I'm an old bird (41) with old eggs and this was our first month. My dd is back from her dad's on Fri so I'll test that morning rather than trying to do it Sat morning. Ertd is due Saturday. Admittedly, I don't feel any different to normal.

bear Good luck with the interview!

We've just booked a dirty weekend in Paris in January. We went there for our mini-moon in July. Can't wait! Lots of shagging awaits!

GaryBuseysTeeth Tue 20-Nov-12 17:16:23

Congrats Flying!! I woz ere when you first joined (different name then), so please for you!
Kitten, tis indeed me...we're packing DS off to PIL's this weekend so we can shag put lots of horrible poison down to kill the mouse safely.

Hurrah for job interview Bear!! Good luck. Nothing gets you pregnant quicker than new employment grin

34, never been on the pill so can't help with that, hope bigger norkage is down to brewing a baby!

Do you ever get the feeling someone is pg?
I've 'known' a few people were pregnant before they did, and I feel like that again.

frogchops Tue 20-Nov-12 17:27:10

Funny Gary, when I first joined mumsnet there was a lady called purple monster I think.... I knew she was pregnant I could just tell, then she announced like a day later!!
Anyway, it's fat club tonight so I'm hoping to have lost a pound. I've eaten too much for it to be anymore! ESP due to the Danish cave in moment. Also with af being here, finally, I think I'm probably bloated a bit more than normal. Please someone tell me that's an excuse! Lol
Congrats on the interview bear, good luck!

In other ponderings, I've wondered to myself wether to give mumsnet a bit of a break....so many folk recently have said to stop trying and then it will happen. I know I'm usually on the just shaggers Fred, but really were still all bloody obsessed lol......but then mumsnet has helped keep me so much more sane than I would've been over the last month. And clearly, buggering off helped some of us! Congrats flying!
Hmmmm, I'll have a think

Bearface Tue 20-Nov-12 20:51:39

Thanks, ladies. Interview is on Thursday so not much time to prepare and haven't started yet, but will do it tomorrow. Gary - I'm very much hoping that will be the case. Won't make me popular but will make me happy!

Gary - I have definitely known when others have been pg. Also, dogs seem to know too as they become all protective.

Would be lovely if you stayed Frog but maybe there's something in it - maybe it increases stress hormones or something. Gah - obsessing again - I'm like a wind-up toy FFS! grin Don't feel pressure though - do what you feel is best for you.

Bronte41 Wed 21-Nov-12 03:57:58

I have the feeling that there will be no bfp this month. I've got cramping already and my usual pre ertd headache. Wish it'd just hurry up so we can get back to JSing.

GaryBuseysTeeth Wed 21-Nov-12 08:40:08

frog, it's swings and roundabouts;
Leave ttc group & you'll not have anyone to bounce the obsessiveness off (and you'd miss out on the most amazing group of PIAR weirdos ever).
However if it takes you awhile to get upduffed (like moi) reading about people who get pregnant instantly (have been lots of 'aibu to ask if I might be pregnant' threads recently) can be a bit depressing.

Stay & you've always got someone to ask 'is this normal?' etc, instead of throwing yourself at the mercy of Dr Google!
You'll lose us, somewhere to distract you from the unmitigated suffering that is life.

I switch off from MN 2/3 days a week (although not recently, have been stalking 'what is normal after mc' threads) so it stops me from getting too crazy hopefully

If you do decide to leave, please come back & update us on BFP when it happens!

Bronte, hope ertd comes & goes quickly if it's her fo sho. Dirty weekend sounds, well, dirty!

So, Bear, getting a dog to use as a pg test instead of wee sticks is more productive (and cheaper?....I'll try & run that one past DH!
Fingers tightly crossed for tomorrow, <hooya> for you if you slack on preparation!

Hope everyone has a nice day!

AndIfATenTonTruck Wed 21-Nov-12 09:36:33

I haven't peed in anything yet but inspired by yesterday's discussion I saved the little plastic thing that looks like a witch's hat off the top of a cornetto I had last night blush and although I have a single stick waiting in the drawer, which I'll use first, if it comes to buying those one step strips off amazon, I'll use the acronym PIACH (cornetto hat).

cd28 and no symptoms whatsoever. Last cycle was 22 and before that 34, but the previous six were 27+/-1

So I'm not testing till Monday which would be cd33.

wavesandsneezes Wed 21-Nov-12 09:47:32

CD 31 for me today, and a BFN (in a little orange cup from DD's plastic tea set) - last month was a crazy long cycle, but pleased I hung out so long on waiting to test. Saw last night on the tv that African clawed frogs were one of the earlier forms of pg test. DD has an albino aqautic frog but I think she would kill me if I tried using that as a test!

This month has been appalling - saw the doctor again yesterday and signed off another week. As a result there has been barely any JSing going on at all. Meh. Kind of think it will be the new year before we get a BFP. And desperately hoping that I am better soon as I am having some pretty serious JSing withdrawls sad

Kittenkatzen Wed 21-Nov-12 10:41:51

Loving all the funny pee pots - waves definitely don't start peeing on your DD's pet frog ...although now I'm wondering how those early people actually found out that frogs worked as pg tests...."I think I might be preggers you know - pass me that there frog and I'll piss on it, and maybe it'll tell me for sure..."??!!

Anyway, sorry you're feeling poorly sick sad hope you feel better very soon.

frog I think gary is right, if you stay then MN feeds your obsession, but if you leave then you'll drive yourself crazy anyway - at least here you go crazy with company grin I find it helps me to try and stay away a bit during the 2ww, it seems to make the time pass quicker not to have the hourly daily reminder. And as for "stop trying and it will happen", that has to be one of the all time most annoying things to say to a TTC woman imo!

gary good luck with the mouse hunt!

wavesandsneezes Wed 21-Nov-12 12:36:21

Frankly weird

At least we have the luxury of PIAR type tests. Have just cheered myself reading the strange history of pregnancy testing. Taking myself back to bed for a bit now - hoping my GP is right and that lots of time in bed and lots of sleeping will help me get over this!

Redshoes56 Wed 21-Nov-12 14:42:25

Laughing hysterically over here. I've actually become quite adept at peeing on the actual stick after my dropping-pee-cup-on-office-potty-floor incident. If you hover like you're going in a gross train station bathroom, you can peek down and see the stream in action, making sure it lands where it needs to!

Good luck on the job interview bear!

Being on here keeps me sane more than it stresses me out. I get some good chuckles at least! Had a good chat with a colleague yesterday who got knocked up on the first go-round and so had no idea about any of the finer points of ttc (luteal phases, etc.) envy. I realized how much I've learned though and it's kind of nice being in tune with your body on some level. I didn't tell her about pee receptacles. That's our secret.

Operation Stuff the Turkey in full swing here. Off today to start the cranberry sauce, pies and such. Then, DH will get jumped this evening and, with any luck, every evening through Saturday. I didn't get a hurricane baby so bring on the thanksgiving baby!

wavesandsneezes Wed 21-Nov-12 15:59:22

red hope you have a great thanksgiving. I'm going to my first ever thanksgiving service and lunch tomorrow, lurgy permitting as I've been asked to play my harp. Am quite excited really. Dh has also been invited and DM will also be there as she is singing in the choir.

Bit of an update. I checked my stick from this morning and there was a c faint pink line. Did another this afternoon and again, super faint but definitely a pink line. No more PIAR until tomorrow morning though.... Not quite sure though as lines were very faint. I shall see what happens in the morning....

Redshoes56 Wed 21-Nov-12 16:04:48

Thanks, waves! Wheeeeee, pink line smile!

Kittenkatzen Wed 21-Nov-12 17:12:52

shock waves - keep us posted!

Happy Thanksgiving red! I wish we did thanksgiving here in the UK....a second Christmas dinner would be lovely grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.