Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

shagged out viroids volume 5 - proving that JSing really does work!

(1000 Posts)
mandasand Thu 30-Aug-12 13:51:28

Hello and welcome to the shiny new thread for Just Shagging graduates! smile

[[www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/1546396-Shagged-Out-Viroids-stats-thread Our stats thread is here.] (Awaiting more members with bated breath!)

We've just moved over from Shagged Out Viroids Volume 4 (And there's a prize for anyone who can enlighten us as to what a Viroid is!)

(If you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here)

mandasand Thu 30-Aug-12 13:52:03

Our stats thread is here. (Awaiting more members with bated breath!)

We've just moved over from Shagged Out Viroids Volume 4 (And there's a prize for anyone who can enlighten us as to what a Viroid is!)

(If you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here)

mandasand Thu 30-Aug-12 13:55:24

(THIRD TIME LUCKY WITH THE URLS!!!!)

Our stats thread is here (and we're awaiting more members with bated breath!)

We've just moved over from the Shagged Out Viroids Volume 4 thread (and there's a prize for anyone who can enlighten us as to what a Viroid is!)

And if you want to find out what Just Shagging is about or catch up with the undergrads go say hello to the Just Shaggers here.

WingDefence Thu 30-Aug-12 14:25:25

Did you have some ishoos with the Uuuuuuurls Manda? grin wine oops no, sorry can't have any wine, have a brew instead!

FeijoaVodkaPlease Thu 30-Aug-12 14:47:17

There is another URL you need. Just Mumming, the post grad thread for when you've had your mini-viroid grin

Viroid? Well back in the old days of JSing thread 1 someone was trying to type ladies (in reference to all the JSing ladies), but their phone decided to call us all viroids instead. The name stuck and we've been the JSing viroids ever since. gringringrin

WingDefence Thu 30-Aug-12 15:01:24

Feijoa thank you thank you thank you! Ahhh I can get on with my work rest easy now I know that factoid about viroids grin

And lovely to think there is a post-post-grad thread too. thanks

mandasand Thu 30-Aug-12 15:13:43

Oh don't talk to me about those URLs!!! It's really annoying that you can't delete posts once you've messed up like that! Now if tired had been in charge I've no doubt it would have been all neat and tidy! smile

Thanks Feijoa for the explanation! AND for the Just Mumming link - how blooming fabulous! I had no idea! smile

ICompletelyKnowAboutGuineaPigs Thu 30-Aug-12 15:32:53

Just marking my place!

FeijoaVodkaPlease Thu 30-Aug-12 20:22:51

It's pretty quiet over on the Post Grad thread (because we're all so tired...) as not many viroids come over. Now that there are lots of shiney new viroids with mini-viroids on board, we want some new squishy babyness as and when (grin)

Dysgu Thu 30-Aug-12 22:14:39

Hi everyone - I have been (mostly) offline for the past few days whilst rl catches up. Nice shiny new thread, manda and I never knew there was a post-grad group either.

Hope everyone is fine here - I am still waiting for a booking in appointment with the mid-wife but figure she will contact me once school has started again and I will have to see when I can fit her in (my last booking in app0intment was on a Saturday and she came to my home so hopefully things are still the same - only we have so many parties to go to on the next few Saturdays.)

WingDefence Thu 30-Aug-12 22:15:29

Aww thanks Feijoa. (Is that the name of a vodka brand btw?)

We've been so lucky on the JSing thread - 11 on the last one and at one point had 5 BFPs within just a few days! Sadly, not all of those have ended happily sad but it's still a good stat.

Anyway, I've got my booking in appt tomorrow at 9am although I thought it was 9:30 so glad I double checked! I've just filled in as much of the massive green form thing as I can, having found my birth notes from DS inside his red book. All rather scary stuff - I didn't realise I'd had a second degree tear although I do remember the stitching-up bloody hurting ouch

I'm not scared - yet - of going through the birth again. I know it's just one day out of my life. It's the 6 weeks afterwards with a newborn that freaks me out!

Anyway, I'm still not out of the first trimester so I mustn't get ahead of myself. I'll let you all know how it goes tomorrow...

WingDefence Thu 30-Aug-12 22:18:43

Cross-post with you Dysgu - booking in apps on a Saturday at your home?! Wow, are you sure it's not a private birth you're having? grin

Saying that, I do wonder how different this is going to be compared to my pg with DS in London where I really did seem to be just a number, always saw a few different midwives and used to laugh bitterly at people saying how they knew the midwife that delivered their DC - mine swapped over halfway through and told me I couldn't possibly be ready to push and hadn't even scrubbed up when I began.... Oh well, that's a completely different thread and I need to focus on getting to that stage with this bean smile

Dysgu Fri 31-Aug-12 09:07:30

Hi Wing no not private just a very small and slightly backwards county where things are a bit old fashioned! The 2 midwives attached to my health centre are the same ones from my previous pgs going back over 6 years - not much changes here!

I also had the same midwives (2 on both occasions) throughout deliveries - different ones for each DD but each pair stayed through the whole delivery. Oh and both DDs had the same key-nurse when they were in NICU (and if this on comes early and needs to be in NICU then I would love her to be the same key-nurse too; I know she is still there).

As for the actual birth - gosh, I haven't even thought about it but I like your thinking that it is just one day in your life.

WingDefence Fri 31-Aug-12 11:03:23

Morning grads smile Dysgu I forgot you're on the Isle of Wight. Isn't it said that it's like the mainland but 20 years ago or something? wink

Well I had my booking in appt this morning. It all went well and because I live in my particular village I got an extra 'pamper pack' with a hair brush, mirrow, nail brush and shower scrub thing - all a bit weird.

I have teeny veins so, just like with DS, the midwife failed to get any blood samples so I had to pop to the blood clinic at the community hospital afterwards. The nurse there go it first time and couldn't believe the midwife had apparently missed 'a drain of a vein' in my other arm... Still, at least it was over quickly and didn't hurt.

I've booked my dating/nuchal screening scan too just now over the phone. Two weeks today when I'll be dead on 12 weeks. I cannot wait, I just want to know that everything is okay.

Oh and has anyone else found that they just take it on your word that you're pregnant? I went with a lovely wee sample this morning and expected the midwife to do a quick pg test to make sure I was pg but no, she just packaged it off to be sent somewhere. DH says it's bizarre that they give me all this stuff and put me through appointments and bloods etc without checking once that I am actually pg! confused

Right, I have tons of work to do today as I have to get this consultation out and I'm on leave next week. I need a biscuit and a brew first though!

WingDefence Fri 31-Aug-12 11:07:57

Oh and the funniest thing happened at my appt. After the midwife bit, I was seen for 5 mins by the Sure Start lady so I could get registered with the CHildren's Centre for activites etc (never had this in London!).

And on the box above where I wrote in my details was.... my neighbour! She had her booking-in a week ago! She has a 6-7yo DD and TBH I think we all thought she was planning to only have one because of the age gap (I know, I should never assume anything blush ) but now we are hopefully going to be popping our our DC2s at around the same time!

The Sure Start lady kept telling me I had to keep my lips sealed and of course I will but it's also very exciting to have it as my (and now DH's) little secret!! grin

tiredteddy Fri 31-Aug-12 12:15:57

Hi all I'm back in England.
manda fab job on the new thread! I would never have managed those urls at all think it might have taken me more than three attempts! blush glad your scan went well and the little ones are behaving well so far.

feijoa great to know where to go when these babies arrive. Hopefully there will be a steady trickle of us arriving in the new year!!

dsygu I love it when the midwife visits at home. It's so nice. I had that when I lived in Buckingham with DS1. It's not like that here in Surrey though. Never mind.

wing glad your appointment went well. Cool news about your neighbour. I'm hoping that I notice some more bumps up at the school gates when school starts back next week. It is nice to know people with little ones the same age. Not sure I'd really fit in at nct this time...

toffeesam Fri 31-Aug-12 12:17:39

Hi, can i graduate form JSing. I got my BFP last week, and got Dr next week. all seems a bit sureal smile

WingDefence Fri 31-Aug-12 12:42:51

Congrats and welcome Toffee! Were you on JSing for long as it doesn't feel 5 mins since I left the thread grin We have the stats thread too so please feel free to pop yourself onto there (or once you've seen the Dr if you'd rather).

And welcome back Tired - how was the wedding? What was the weather like??

Hey ladies!!

I came home yesterday and the original midwives have written to me, i'm to go to a different Sure Start Centre on 11th, again on 18th and my scan date will be here soon. So i've cancelled my appointment on 3rd, to go with the original midwives.

6 weeks tomorrow! I'm so pleased. The furthest we got before miscarring was 5+4, and we've passed that. I'm so relieved. I know it doesn't mean anything really, but it feels like a wall has been passed.

Congratulations Toffee!

tiredteddy Fri 31-Aug-12 12:58:52

wing The wedding was amazing. It was sunny and clear and right next to a very beautiful waterfall with a name I can't hope to spell or pronounce. We then walked behind the waterfall before back to an amazing hotel for dinner and fun. Can't actually believe how good the weather was!

Congrats toffee and welcome smile

toffeesam Fri 31-Aug-12 16:54:42

Wing came off pill a year ago but didn't start MNing Until just befor i had a Chem pg, with ERTD being 4 days late and a positive (arround the time you got your BFP on the thread.)

thanks for the congrats, i am still a bit nervous about the whole thing. i just keep thinking what if...?

I have every thing Xed, don't want to get too excited but i cant help myself.

WingDefence Fri 31-Aug-12 18:30:34

Aha! Sorry - baby brain confused but I did remember your name on the other thread just about!

I have just launched my second consultation in 6 weeks, which is a massive deal. Hurrah! I'm not at all happy with the draft that is actually out for consultation and I know certain contacts out there are going to rip it to shreds in their responses but it's been approved now and that's all that matters <phew>

Got one final bit of work to do tonight once DS is in bed and then off for a week. I bloomin need it grin

WingDefence Fri 31-Aug-12 18:32:00

And Tired I would demand photos but we're not on Facebook it's a bit difficult on an anonymous forum. Perhaps pretty please you could put one of the venue/waterfall on your profile? smile thanks

tiredteddy Fri 31-Aug-12 18:51:05

I shall try but I never go on the main site just the mobile/ iPad one.... Wish me luck!

tiredteddy Fri 31-Aug-12 18:58:24

Ok so how do I even find my own profile?

This thread is not accepting new messages.