TTC Super Ovulation part 3

(978 Posts)
Arianrhod Mon 08-Oct-12 08:30:07

Hey ladies -

There are a few of us who are ttc after mc's, however there will be ladies out there who are also ttc for the first time or second or third without success. If anyone is on, considering or had success on a super ovulation programme then do join us. How long did it take ? Did you try IUI with it.. ? Did you have PCOS?

Kicking this off and hoping some of you will join....

part 1 here:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1385998-TTC-Super-Ovulation

Part 2 here:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1475108-TTC-Super-Ovulation-part-2?pg=1

Arianrhod Mon 15-Oct-12 08:38:43

Hi ladies .. yes, still here, although not doing much this cycle due to MC.

duggs Sorry to hear about your scan but do remember that it only takes one follie, right?

lemon I'm hearing you - how many SO cycles have you done so far? I know they say most ladies that are going to, get pregnant on cycles 5-6 of SO but as you say, there may be other factors at work.

LJ Can't you just say you have a medical appt? That's what I do - you aren't obliged to go into details smile

duggs Well I took the soy isoflavones day 3-7 (now day 9) and I don't know about anything else but it's the first time in weeks I have slept like a log (most people seem to take them at night). I have had definite twinges in the ovary areas, don't know if that's coincidence but I don't usually at this time of the month, so I don't know if it's doing anything or not. TBH the only reason I took them now is that I seem to have delayed ov the cycle following any kind of miscarriage (from the usual CD14 to CD18), whether 'chemical' or otherwise, and I wanted to see if SI would do anything about that. I'm back to tracking ov via my Clearblue monitor, so I'll see what happens. Plus OH is away for a week from CD14 this month, so if SI doesn't bring my ov back to normal then this is a wasted cycle anyway.

Seeing Mr S on Wednesday afternoon for 'post-MC' consultation (and results from LAD/DQa blood tests, which I already have of course), not that I'm expecting anything new out of that, and then presumably my last SO cycle. Not expecting anything out of that either, to be frank. OH wants me to ask Mr S if there's any point us carrying on TTC, with so much against us. I'm half expecting the IVF speech again.

/waves to everyone

Pebbles73 Mon 15-Oct-12 13:30:44

I wondered where everybody had gone!!

Duggs it must be the statflower oil then as you always responded well previously if I remember rightly? Am annoyed with myself for taking it now and virtually wasting a month of super ov!

LJ I wish you lots of luck trying naturally and hope it happens for you.

Understand how you feel Lemon have been seeing Mr S since January and all that has happened is one chemical after ivf. I am different to the rest if you anyway as never had a natural bfp so if not pregnant this cycle or the next which is the last super ov will be back to ivf for me.

Pebbles73 Mon 15-Oct-12 13:37:41

Whoops didn't refresh the page before posting and missed your post Ari!
Hope your cycle returns to normal quickly and let us know how you get on with Mr S.

duggs1976 Mon 15-Oct-12 17:47:23

I'm with you pebbles this is SO round 5?ive just ovulated on if it doesn't work with my one follie it is 7.5mg for my last SO attempt ! If that fails then a few natural cycles as we will be in sydney for xmas and ny before second IVF round which I'm not looking forward to! Where r u now pebbles in cycle?

Pebbles73 Mon 15-Oct-12 17:56:41

I am 13 days post trigger shot and due to test Thursday. I am also on 7.5mg next month if this is a negative, have to say feel totally unpregnant!

Will be good for you to have a break before the ivf and have a drug free couple if months. Will be doing something similar as if super ov doesn't work we might be off to Thailand for Xmas. Are you going to ARGC next time?

duggs1976 Mon 15-Oct-12 18:09:17

Have pm'ed you!

lemonsherbet Mon 15-Oct-12 21:39:04

Ari just remind me did you see MrG or are you going to see him. I would be very interested to see what MrS says with regards to the results that you have. To be fair, I suspect it is the pred that stops me getting pregnant but with one of the highest NK count I do not feel that I can stop it so end up in a catch 22. I either stop the pred and have a chemical or take the pred and don't get pregnant. It is quite funny when you think about it.

Anyway good luck for Wednesday.

duggs if you are going to CARE is this for more IVF or is it for immune issues. I am not very familiar with them but know a lot of people going through IVF use them

pebbles so sorry about your chemical after IVF it must be heartbreaking. I keep telling myself that we will all eventually get there.

Sorry if my message sounded down this morning I am just waiting for AF to rear her head. Keep doing POAS and of course I know it is a BFN but think it may change--I must do something about my POAS addiction--

Mel3062 Tue 16-Oct-12 03:44:37

Yey hello ladies!! Missed you all.
Well after an awful month 5 I'm confused!! Just to remind you all I had scan day 11 just 2 small follies on one side, scan day 15 showed 8 small 4 on each biggest only being 9 mm. Told not to ovitrelle but do opks then steroids. Started opks and thought I got positive tues day 19 but continued with opks and keep getting a line :/ Sundays looked positive too day 24?! So continued to bed and took steroids from Sunday but of course af normally comes day 28 which is fri and now I'm to pot with steroids and haven't tested early as I've only had 3 days worth!! Don't know what to think. Hope follies have grown and ovulation just later. I have had a cycle of 32 last month. Argh!! Poor hubby is knackered!! Would steroids delay af? Should I just continue and see if af comes? Next cycle is clexane and back to mr s for scan which should be half term if he's not away?!
Waving and hugging you all. Confused. Com!! X
Oh and it's 3.44... Steroids!!!!

Mel3062 Tue 16-Oct-12 03:46:01

I ment gonal f not clexane!

Arianrhod Tue 16-Oct-12 11:57:30

lemon No I didn't go to see Dr G in the end, I just requested the blood tests I wanted doing from Mr S and he agreed to request them. Problem comes of course if something comes out of these tests that Mr S doesn't believe in - as with the LAD test - as you then can't get treated for it via Mr S.

I empathise with you totally on the steroid front, since I also believe steroids bugger around with my fertility. OH and I were discussing this the other day, we had more 'success' with getting/being pregnant before we started seeing Mr S - irony isn't in it! The problem is exactly as you say - a pregnancy without steroids is doomed for us anyway, but what when the steroids stop you being successfully pregnant in the first place? Catch 22, as you say. I honestly don't know what the answer is.

mel Steroids can indeed mess around with your cycles, but I can't say if that's what is happening with you. Hope the gonal-f does the trick for you!

pebbles crossing fingers for your Thursday testing smile

duggs and pebbles I must say I love the sound of your two's Christmas plans, how exciting! smile

Pebbles73 Tue 16-Oct-12 13:42:42

Lemon I think we are guilty of poas addiction! Although having said that I am waiting until official test day this month after confusing myself with a Ssinsburys digi one last month! I really hope your bfn changes, when is your official testing date as such?
Since your treatment with Mr S have you miscarried or not been pregnant at all?

Mel not surprised you are confused, I guess you will just have to wait and see if af comes....

Must be such a nightmare for those of you who got pregnant easily before the steroids, as it had always been difficult for me anyway not sure it makes any difference!

Ari just couldn't face another Xmas still not being pregnant or having a family of our own and doing the same thing....

Arianrhod Tue 16-Oct-12 13:55:05

pebbles Understand that! Have you thought of getting further testing, out of interest? In case there's something else that's preventing you getting pregnant?

Pebbles73 Tue 16-Oct-12 14:20:03

If the super ov doesn't work then I think I will ask Mr S to test for the things you had done before we pay out for ivf. I would then like to go to ARGC and maybe have the ivf there but will have to work out costs....

Mel3062 Tue 16-Oct-12 17:32:00

Thanks ladies ill wait it out and keep on steroids x still got a line tonight that's over a week now!

Mel3062 Tue 16-Oct-12 17:32:31

Pebbles we surely deserve it now!!

lemonsherbet Tue 16-Oct-12 20:42:57

pebbles to be honest I have no idea-according to ovulation sticks and CB monitor I have not ovulated this month. AF would be due Thurs/Friday if it follows its usual course. However, I have had lots of family issues the past month so it would not of surprised me if I ovulate at a different point to usual.

Ari I am surprised that Mr S agreed to do the tests, since he does not believe other things like hidden infection. I wonder if he is opening up to other immune problems being the cause of miscarriages. I imagine that even if your DH asks if their is any point continuing he will say yes.

duggs How are today?

Mel just to put this out there. I am now wearing my POAS addict badge. The OPK can act has a form of pregnancy test. Do you think the second positive if it persists could be a BFP? Sorry if I am giving false hope but you could be 7-8dpo and just saying it could be that.

LJ I am sorry about your work. That is one of the similar reasons we struggle with the SO. My work are so nosey that you can not just sneak off and come back. Added to the fact that I am not local to Mr S means taking a whole day off to see him makes life difficult.

Nothing new really to report here. Just thought I would say hi

Arianrhod Tue 16-Oct-12 20:55:17

lemon Ah, Mr S didn't order the hidden infections tests, I did that off my own back through the Serum clinic in Athens. I did tell Mr S I was doing it and did send him a copy of the results when I got them, but he did say he thought them not worth doing. The test he ordered for me at my request was for LAD and DQa, as well as karyotyping. He seems very dismissive of the LAD results which in my case are so very low as to be non-existent (this is bad), which is less than helpful.

Mel3062 Wed 17-Oct-12 06:00:57

I did hear of that but trying to be good and wait and not get hopes up ESP as it was not a good response. I've had cm still and during the night had tummy pains so who knows what's going on it seems just so late for ovulation day 27 today!! Oh we'll wel see and in meantime keep up the bd but hubby needed night off yesterday so hope mon and tonight is enough. Louise forgot to fax my gonal f! Mr s is free over half term for scan yey!
Good luck pebbles for tomorrow and everyone else who's having such a hard time of it all.
Thanks for being so helpful ladies xx

Pebbles73 Wed 17-Oct-12 13:22:32

If I was you Mel I would do a pregnancy test as seems rather late to be ovulating. Not trying to get your hopes up but might be worth checking..,,,

Must be tricky for you ladies who find it hard to get out of work. After my miscarruage last Octobet I told my manager about th treatment and stuff and she is really great about it.

Not holding out much hope for testing tomorrow, have had to wee a lot last few days but must be the pred or prob just imagining it! smile

Arianrhod Wed 17-Oct-12 14:37:54

Don't think extra weeing is a side effect of Pred, is it pebbles?? Soooooo ... smile Well crossing fingers for you for tomorrow anyway smile

Sat here at NLC feeling like I rather live here these days, I seem to be here so often. Wondering just why I am actually having this appt, since I know my test results and Mr S can hardly say anything enlightening about yet another CP. Rather thinking I'm wasting yet more money, ho hum.

Arianrhod Wed 17-Oct-12 16:33:45

Well, I take it all back, it was definitely worth seeing Mr S. And it's just reminded me again why I stick with Mr S.

He actually really surprised me. He said he'd discussed my LAD results with someone he works with and respects, Dr Nick Tsagiris in Athens (I know of him, quite a lot of ladies on FF go to him for LIT treatment), and would be happy to arrange LIT treatment with Dr Tsagiris if we felt we wanted it! Mr S doesn't believe it has that much of an effect himself (and he did say he hoped I didn't mind him discussing me with Dr Tsagiris - as if I'd mind getting another expert's opinion!) and Dr Tsagiris did say they have mixed results, LIT doesn't always make a difference, but Mr S is quite happy to arrange for this if we want it. And of course it's way cheaper getting it done in Athens. However, as I discussed with Mr S and as I already knew, because of the 100% DQa match between OH and me, paternal LIT almost certainly won't work (and Dr Tsagiris advised this too) - it would be a bit like trying to get your body to produce antibodies against yourself - so I would have to have donor LIT, and I'm really not comfortable doing that. I also asked the question of Mr S, if very low LAD levels were such an issue, would one of our babies have got to 9 weeks before dying, and his feeling is that it wouldn't.

But I was really surprised - very pleasantly so - that he was certainly prepared for me to have LIT treatment, and had in fact discussed it with someone who could do it for me.

He also spent quite a long time discussing things generally with me - NK cells and their likely effects (I had a few questions around this), whether it's worth us still carrying on, what we do next, etc etc - and seemed quite happy to talk things through. He said he really does feel it's worth us continuing (and I honestly don't believe this was anything to do with ££ here!), and that since SO is clearly working for me (this was my second pregnancy in 5 cycles) we should carry on for a few cycles more at least. He did suggest IVF again when I first started talking with him - not with DE, but my own - but he clarified this with it's not to help get me pregnant, since I appear to still be able to do that, but purely to be able to rule out chromosomal issues by only putting back eggs that are chromosomally ok. I explained IVF isn't ever going to be an option for us, financially, so at least we know that isn't something we're going to explore.

Anyway, won't bore you all with all our discussion but he did say he is very open to testing for things other than his 'standard' set of tests, he just doesn't want to waste people's money ordering all the tests under the sun just for the sake of it. I'm glad I asked him to do the extra tests, and if there were other tests that I felt worth doing I wouldn't hesitate to ask him to order them.

Not sure how OH will take the news that we're to carry on for a while longer, but I'll cross that bridge later!

Pebbles73 Wed 17-Oct-12 17:16:17

Just a quickie from me, just wanted to say I am so pleased that your appointment was so positive Ari and that Mr S thinks you are still in with a chance. So you will carry on with super ov and possibly have lit alongside or do you really not want to? You must be feeling much better about things?

Have had cramps all afternoon so think af is well and truly on the way for me so good luck to Lemon and Mel

Mel3062 Wed 17-Oct-12 17:47:58

Aw fab news ari more hope sometimes we can lose sight of how good he is when we just pay the bill!
Sorry to hear pebbles I had abit of tummy pain overnight sad
Not testing no no!!
Spoke to Louise gonal f comes tomorrow £135!!!! She said there was something new they were doing to help concieve quicker so that sounds interesting! X

FrankelSaysRelax Wed 17-Oct-12 18:08:17

Hello ladies, can I ask you a couple of questions?

I've just started ovulation induction treatment through Addenbrookes and am on Day 3 of daily Menopur injections. I wanted to ask, did those of you that have used the same injections, did you notice a quick increase in CM? This afternoon I've noticed a lot more CM than I'm used to and am paranoid that I might be over stimulating. My next scan is not until Monday and while I'm sure this is normal, it's my first cycle of treatment and I'm a control freak!

Also did you suffer any side effects? I've noticed I've been getting headaches over the last few days but am not sure if that is linked to the medication or more paranoia!

Arianrhod Wed 17-Oct-12 18:15:21

Hoping you're wrong about the cramps pebbles - I had major cramps the night before I tested this last time, but it wasn't AF. Still crossing fingers smile
Not going to do LIT, no, but will carry on with SO for a while.

mel Oh that sounds interesting - did she mention at all what else they might be doing? Mr S didn't mention anything to me today, it does sound interesting!

Hi Frankel - I'm afraid I can't help as I've never had Menopur, only Letrozole and Gonal-f. Maybe one of the other ladies might have experience with this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now