TTC Super Ovulation part 3

(978 Posts)
Arianrhod Mon 08-Oct-12 08:30:07

Hey ladies -

There are a few of us who are ttc after mc's, however there will be ladies out there who are also ttc for the first time or second or third without success. If anyone is on, considering or had success on a super ovulation programme then do join us. How long did it take ? Did you try IUI with it.. ? Did you have PCOS?

Kicking this off and hoping some of you will join....

part 1 here:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1385998-TTC-Super-Ovulation

Part 2 here:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1475108-TTC-Super-Ovulation-part-2?pg=1

lemonsherbet Fri 08-Feb-13 18:02:20

I am doing OK. Had a massive freak out earlier in the week when I had not felt the baby move all day. Then I used a friends doppler and could not get anything. Telephoned the midwifes in some state for me to go in there and them to listen and get the heartbeat within a minute. Then my friend said to me about the doppler it didn't always pick up the heartbeat but because her baby was moving at the time it didn't bother her.

Anyway do not think the midwifes were too impressed. The entry in my notes makes me sound like a hypochondriac!! The plus side is the hospital are giving me monthly reassurance scans.

Ari how about your herbal supplements does that give you anything like the pred induced insomnia? At least if they know your DH has a high BP they will now treat it.

brown at least you tried the dhea and know it does not make any difference. I hope your skin goes back to looking beautiful quickly. I think it is so hard you want to try everything just in case that is the "magic" cure.

brownstag Fri 08-Feb-13 20:14:53

Thanks all. Having read that blog more carefully I'm much more hopeful: the writer was saying how even though her AMH went down after DHEA she still produced far greater yields of eggs and better quality embryos (9 pre-DHEA and 24 after). So until I've hd this SO cycle, I'll reserve judgement on the DHEA. I've reduced it to 25mg, though, as a break from boils.
Ari, yes, it's amazing how sometimes doctors choose not to treat high blood pressure. My dad had it all his life really, but because he was always very highly strung, they would decide that the high readings were because he was getting agitated about it. But he was in a permanent state of agitation, in and out of the doctor's surgery, and therefore his blood pressure was always high! Now that he's reached old age, he gets treated almost automatically because of his age.
Lemon, I'm sorry the hospital made you feel like a hypochondriac; I had several scares like that but my hospital always took it seriously and were very reassuring. It always needs checking out, after all and if you've already suffered miscarriages, all the more reason to be careful.
And in answer to your question, I'm 11dpo today, so whenever AF shows her unwanted face, I'm good to go.

brownstag Fri 08-Feb-13 20:50:25

Tillyann, how did Wednesday go?

tillyann2013 Fri 08-Feb-13 21:41:11

Hi

tillyann2013 Fri 08-Feb-13 21:48:13

Oops sorry, thanks for asking brown, it went well, I think! They said the sample was really good and they could see lots of cervical fluid so here I am in the 2 ww again. How I'm gonna get through these 2 weeks is beyond me. It was over before I knew it, felt a bit weird to be honest. They've said to go ahead and dtd every other night as well to increase our chances. Can't argue with that wink

brownstag Sat 09-Feb-13 09:14:48

tillyann: great! All sounds good. Good luck!
... AF is here so that means that yes, this cycle was a bit of a duff. A ten-day luteal phase if my day 21 test was taken too early, at 6dpo, or an 11-day luteal phase if it was on time and therefore my progesterone is low. I can't have it both ways. I know 10 days is 'sufficient' but I don't like the way this is going. My shortest luteal phase for a long time.

Mel3062 Sat 09-Feb-13 17:59:53

Ooh exciting!
Lemon in our situations we are bound to be paranoid!!
Still waiting to hear from Louise :/ I have dhea at the ready and woben what not just can't get the bottle to start!! X

Arianrhod Mon 11-Feb-13 08:54:34

mel Well wobenzym has no side effects, so you could start that any time and not worry smile The worst thing I've found is working out the timing of taking them ... has to be at least 2 hours after you last ate, 45 mins before you next eat, and you can't have them when you've just had/just about to have milk! And three times a day. I'm finding the timings a pain, but just about managing it.

/waves to everyone

Mel3062 Fri 15-Feb-13 06:45:07

Still not got courage yet!!guess I'm waiting for humira result first I get blood done mon so fingers crossed no more humira!! Can't wait to start dtd again. Af arrived yesterday bang on day 28 yey so it must be pred messing them up!!
Waves to all x

Mel3062 Fri 15-Feb-13 06:46:01

Oh and I've sent a blood sample off to serum at Athens to do their tests I figured if I need ivf I need to know I've done all tests possible!!

brownstag Fri 15-Feb-13 11:27:32

It'll be interesting to see your results, Mel. I'm afraid I've become quite cynical about the Athens tests and am willing to wager you'll be positive for chlamydia, as I and several others on here were ... [hmmm]
5 days until my follicle tracking scan, with Mr Mahfouz, after 7 months of DHEA. I've come to realise that with superovulation a better response to the letrozole than I had last time isn't actually going to benefit me. Last time I had five follies, 2 or 3 of which would have been released at trigger. If it's any more than that, presumably they'd advise me not to DTD this cycle?
Now here's an interesting problem: if Mr S said you have 4 follicles there, so that's a risk of multiples; don't go ahead this month, what would you do? I know I'd want to go ahead anyway, though my DH would run a mile if he thought there was any chance of more than one! Not that I want 4, of course, but after not conceiving at all in two years, I just think I'd be lucky to get one.

brownstag Fri 15-Feb-13 11:28:09

Too many mmm's. Should have been hmm!

Arianrhod Fri 15-Feb-13 11:40:22

brown I'd do it anyway, no question. Remember that even if all 4 fertilised (unlikely) and implanted (also unlikely) you still face the normal chances that some of them may be chromosomally deficient (couldn't think of a better term) and so wouldn't be viable. Were I 20 years younger I wouldn't take that chance - but being my age, I would say there is absolutely no chance that I'm going to be having 4 perfect eggs in one go! Obviously you're younger than me, and YMMV ... but me, I'd definitely go for it.

Also remember that DHEA won't necessarily give you a better response to the Letrazole - it's not about increasing quantity, necessarily, but is supposed to improve quality.

Mel3062 Sat 16-Feb-13 07:23:46

Brown I'd go for it too!! Sorry to hear you're cynical about Athens sad I've sent sample now I just feel I have to rule everything out before I try again x

Mel3062 Sat 16-Feb-13 07:24:45

I've been so good not dtd since 18 dec it's killing me now still hopefully only a week or so to wait to get all clear god I hope so x

tillyann2013 Sat 16-Feb-13 18:21:09

Think I'm out again girls sad. I'm on on cd23, 10 days after iui and I'm bleeding.

Mel3062 Sun 17-Feb-13 06:27:02

Oh Tilly Ann sorry you're bleeding hope it turns out well for you could it be implantation still??xx

tillyann2013 Sun 17-Feb-13 08:26:50

I am so silly, stupidly got excited that iui might work first time but it seems not. sad

brownstag Sun 17-Feb-13 08:27:42

Tillyann, what's your normal luteal phase? Sounds very early for AF.
Mel, hopefully this week will go quickly ... wishing our lives away! I'm also looking forward to Wednesday. In my case after all this talk of multiple follies, there'll probably be one! Or none!
Just a note about supplements: since I've taking coenzyme q10 and selenium, I've been healing really quickly. When I had my op a few weeks ago, I had to take the dressing off after 3 days and the wounds looked about 2 weeks old and one of them is now completely invisible. Similarly the old acne spots go very quickly, sadly to be replaced immediately by new ones. Hopefully that means something good is going on inside as well.

tillyann2013 Sun 17-Feb-13 09:16:32

15 days usually. You think the drugs can mess up the cycle?

Sounds like the supplements you're taking are working well x

Mel3062 Sun 17-Feb-13 12:53:14

I agree with brownstag it seems too early for af ;/
Yes wishing life away but not so fast this week it's half term and loads to do oh and have abit of me time too!!
Hope we'd is good for you brown xx

brownstag Sun 17-Feb-13 17:06:43

Yes, I'm sure drugs can mess up your cycle Tillyann; what are taking exactly? I've never had IUI. Are you using progesterone?
Thanks mel, working this weekend actually, but just slipped in a bit of reading while DH and DS are out.
I have a follow-up appointment at the hospital tomorrow after my lap and dye. I suppose I ought to think of some questions to ask ...
Good luck everyone!

brownstag Sun 17-Feb-13 18:11:09

ari, do you take l-arginine? I give to my DH when I remember but haven't tried it myself.

tillyann2013 Sun 17-Feb-13 21:08:01

No, no progesterone. Gonal f and trigger. Bleeding has now stopped. Ffs. Don't know what's going on.

Arianrhod Mon 18-Feb-13 07:55:59

Hi brown ... yes, I do take l-arginine after reading about it being good for the endometrium and providing a 'healthy uterine environment'. Read it in lots of places, but here's one for example: http://natural-fertility-info.com/uterine-health-for-fertility.html

snippet relating to l-arginine specifically:

<quote>
L-Arginine
L-Arginine promotes synthesis of Nitric Oxide (NO). Nitric Oxide is naturally produced by the body and is important for blood dilation, increases blood flow to the uterus, ovaries and genitals. L-Arginine promotes a healthy environment for implantation.
</quote>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now