Round up your ghosties and ghoulies and long legged beasties, the BESH are going to scare out the BFPs!

(986 Posts)
sinkyroselee Mon 01-Oct-12 08:55:10

Its true, NGCECOAWT, so the BESH move on.

Join us in spooky October, for a different sort of Pagen fun. Sod the lentil weaving and organic bean bags, we're channelling pointy black hats, green tinged foundation and probably a bit of Harry Potter.

Join us for cursing of the insta-diffs, moments of pure love and the horrors of the cam of the fanjo - post the Beshtionnaire and the coven will judge you.

This is not a woo thread (TINAWT)

<Draws wonky pentagram on floor>

ThisWitchSinks Wed 03-Oct-12 17:38:46

Cos I won't. I'll smile and nod, but I won't.

<rebel witch>

<sniff sniff> new blood. At last! Hurray for evil or draf as you shall be known by me simply because a girl I went to school with spelt giraffe 'draf'. (Honestly!!)

I'm bugs. Just turned 30. GP (Ginger pig) is also 30. Came off pill Sept 2010 and started trying Jan 2011, nearly 2 fecking years ago. I've had 2 pregnancies, 1 on 28th October 2011 which ended in MC on 3rd Dec. The 2nd was from a bfp on 2nd June this year which began to end on 3rd July. My EDD for babybee numero uno. Yep, god really fecking hates me.

Thankfully the lovely consultant we saw privately has referred us to NHS for treatment and tests have begun, including spuffing in a pot for GP! (Minor compared to the amount of dildocams i've had!)

We get results on 24th October. <gulp>

Anyway, thats me in a failed nut shell. And as for your BESHtonairre, you're in for me. I like you and you cycle. Double win

(Cube cross pro 2011 just in case you're wondering).

Sinks I can recommend reflexology if that is of any assistance?

You sound sort of near me, the Trafford Centre is only 30 mins away from me.

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Wed 03-Oct-12 18:07:08

Forgot to add 2 3/4 years for me and not a sniff of a diff.

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Wed 03-Oct-12 18:08:32

I'd love to have reflexology. I love people messing with my feet as long as they don't mind my thoroughly unattractive feet. I have my grandad's feet apparently. My mother enjoys pointing out my imperfections and where I got them from grin

evilgiraffe Wed 03-Oct-12 18:11:59

Aww, I feel so accepted - thanks everyone! grin

My friend has suggested acupuncture to me a couple of times, but I'm mostly rather hmm about it. Should I give it a try, do you think? I suppose her PCOS-suffering acupunture-undergoing friend does now have two children so it might work... <still on the fence>

Bugs, this is my bike - so beautiful the man in the shop loves it and was a bit sad when I took it away. We went out riding with friends at the weekend, and down all the hills my friend was pedalling furiously on her mountain bike and I had to keep braking to stop myself leaving her behind grin

eurochick Wed 03-Oct-12 18:18:32

My first one didn't tell me to stop doing anything.

The new one has suggested I lay off chilli for a while as I was running "hot".

I was a complete woo sceptic, but the first woman definitely did something. My cycle got a bit more normal (it used to be a bit long with a shortish luteal phase, now it is pretty much text book with ov on days 14/16 and an approx 14 day LP) and my droidal pains eased (fewer clots=less uterine squeezing to get it all out, I think - less clotty periods was one of the things she told me she was trying to achieve). I would never have believed that shoving a few needles in me could achieve anything, but it does seem to. Basically it can't do anything for physical obstacles (e.g. blocked tubes) but does seem to help with righting anything that is a bit out of whack. You need to get on with the individual though.

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Wed 03-Oct-12 18:43:19

Where do they put the needles? Just out of interest?

ThisWitchSinks Wed 03-Oct-12 18:44:37

I'm a total, completely and resolutely, with no possible doubt, a sceptic. I laugh in the face of those woo maniacs. I mean really.

But.

1) it seems to do something, even to our very own sceptic euro. And, while i don't know you, I really believe you don't take any shit (slightly intimidated of your highfaluting, business travelling posts)

2) what have I got to lose (about £45 for a starter I suppose..)

3) nothing else fecking works.

Not reflexology though, I giggle if people even look at my feet in a certain way. As for touching? I'd be jumping off the bed straight away! Needles don't bother me (lucky really), but both googled practitioner seem to do some horrific introduction session with a chat about symptoms from "top to toe". Maybe they'll sort out my headaches, IBS and exhaustion while I'm there?

<ever hopeful>

Bugs- can I ask who you go to anyway? Lots of places seem to do a selection of things and a reccomendation would be nicer than just wandering in off the street..

The lady i used is mobile <not at all helpful I know>

Nice wheels draf <whistles>

My phone just started ringing, I looked and saw it was my longest friend who I havent seen since March. I knew they were TTC so I knew what she was going to say before I even answered. Yup you guessed it too. To add insult, she's 21 weeks and due 2 weeks after my most recent loss. AND she didnt even want a winter baybee. Finished her family before she's 31 with 1 of each. How fucking perfect for her.

I'm meant to be revising for a job interview tonight when all I want to do now is drink wine and self hate.

ThisWitchSinks Wed 03-Oct-12 19:24:07

Oh bugs. I have several friends now who have "completed" families. One, who is the loveliest person ever, is only 28 and baby 1 was v much a surprise while on the pill. She's terrified it'll happen again, and, as both of them are 28, no one will do anything permanent for either of them (she's got a coil now I think). I feel for her, but really can't be around when she has her stress moments.

I've made a casserole tonight, and am now drinking my body weight in cider (I needed a splash for the pot. Shame it was a full bottle). Crack on with the wine. Try and limit the self hate eh?

Oh and draf, luff the bike. Am envy. Mine was cheap cheap cheap.

I've just found an interesting article about a X list sleb who had 3 x MC's before being treated for polycystic ovaries. They gave her Clomid and her 4th baybee was born no problemo. Maybe that's what i'll be given when we go back on the 24th? The article says it regulates hormones that polycystic ovaries wreck.

Clomid takers - What will it entail if i'm given them?

ThefirstWitch Wed 03-Oct-12 19:28:36

Boo

ThefirstWitch Wed 03-Oct-12 19:29:17

Yes it worked <claps>

Tis I, Lugs. Felt a NC was needed to match my dark dark mood.

<tickles nose wart>

HaveALittleFaith Wed 03-Oct-12 19:51:31

Ooh I like it witchywoman.

Re acupuncture, I considered it but never got round to it but I found my local uni did it for about £20 an hour. Obviously they're students but supervised - worth a google?

bugs definitely maybe. Or might be like lp they treat to ensure things continue once you are diffed?

ThefirstWitch Wed 03-Oct-12 19:58:15

Feck knows faith. I was in such a good mood until that phone call. Now all I want to do is run away and cry. I'm not in a good place at all tbh.

The thought of never getting diffed again terrifies me. The thought of getting diffed again also terrifies me.

evilgiraffe Wed 03-Oct-12 20:39:51

Facebook announcement just now of another new baby. The new dad is a dear, dear friend, but it's hard to deal with.

Bugs/Witchy (what do we shorten you to now?) sad

Friends who've been on clomid have said it has quite intense side effects. One found she went quite stabby so her husband hid the kitchen knives... Another found she was compulsively nicking stuff, small things like pens from work etc. So my impression is it messes with your mind quite a bit.

eurochick Wed 03-Oct-12 21:00:55

Rie it depends, but typically points in the lower legs relate to your lady bits, apparently. I have also had needles stuck in the top of my head and my hands and over my ovaries and womble.

Bugs most of my friends kids will be out snogging if and when my eventual sprogs are in nappies. <Sigh>

ThisWitchSinks Wed 03-Oct-12 21:02:41

Clomid gave me crazy dreams and a weird mood. And hot sweats. Not a fan, but stuck it out for 8 cycles, with prog > 120 several times, so a touch overstimulated I think (not scanned though, and bloods taken myself, so not really monitored at all)

ThefirstWitch Wed 03-Oct-12 21:02:53

How about Bitch? (LOL!)

euro you seem to know a bit about being all helfy and that. What are complex carbs? Is it just brown rice & bread or does it get more interesting that that?

eurochick Wed 03-Oct-12 21:06:20

Pretty much, bugs. The less refined, the better. So generally white carbs=simple, brown carbs=complex.

JethroTull Wed 03-Oct-12 21:16:02

I'm a big fan of the needles. Like Euro says they definitely do something. My woo woman got rid of my IBS & hay fever, sorted my cycle length out & generally makes me feel better.

Nice answers Evil but Clarkson???

I'm Jethro. Almost 36. Spread Sheet Geek / SSG has some weird chromosome thing going on & I have ovaries of an 80 year old. Didn't find this out for almost 3 years. Little chance of a natural conception so we are (hopefully) starting IVF either this cycle or next.

ThisWitchSinks Wed 03-Oct-12 21:17:09

Hum. I'm also considering adopting a PCOS diet (Jesus wept. How have I come to this?), but have no idea where to start.

So, avoid white bread/pasta/rice? Do I have to stop eating cake? What about rice cakes? They constitute approximately 50% of my diet...

Dairy is bad it seems for PCOS. I considered buying some soy milk, but then realised I eat a yogurt for breakfast most days..

Help wise BESH witches.

ThisWitchSinks Wed 03-Oct-12 21:18:05

Jethro, she seems nice. I was ignoring the Clarkson aberration.

FriendofDorothy Wed 03-Oct-12 21:23:47

I had acupuncture and found it helpful. Just go to someone who is registered with the British Acupuncture Council - hopefully at least they won't be complete cowboys then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now