Round up your ghosties and ghoulies and long legged beasties, the BESH are going to scare out the BFPs!

(986 Posts)
sinkyroselee Mon 01-Oct-12 08:55:10

Its true, NGCECOAWT, so the BESH move on.

Join us in spooky October, for a different sort of Pagen fun. Sod the lentil weaving and organic bean bags, we're channelling pointy black hats, green tinged foundation and probably a bit of Harry Potter.

Join us for cursing of the insta-diffs, moments of pure love and the horrors of the cam of the fanjo - post the Beshtionnaire and the coven will judge you.

This is not a woo thread (TINAWT)

<Draws wonky pentagram on floor>

JethroTull Mon 01-Oct-12 17:50:22

Sinky I've read that book - thought it was great. Am waiting for my friend to finish the second one now.

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Mon 01-Oct-12 17:51:43

Oooh, I'm going to get it. I could do with some good reads.

What do the BESH think of Philippa Gregory in general? <has no faith in own taste and discernment emoticon>

Northey Mon 01-Oct-12 17:51:57

Nope, it appears to be called "A Wise Woman."

When do the bodices get ripped, is what I want to know?

Northey Mon 01-Oct-12 17:55:39

I have discovered P Greg about ten years after everyone else (which is great, because I can feed my addiction in charity shops). I quite like her stuff. It's all historical, told through the eyes of a female character, generally.

Don't know how "good" it's considered, but I wouldn't be ashamed to be seen reading it on the bus.

What's te other witchy one like? Worth looking out for?

ThisWitchSinks Mon 01-Oct-12 17:57:56

Ignore that. Xpost. Tis a good book though. Second ones rubbish though. Bit like a cross between twilight, 50 shades and a history book.

ThisWitchSinks Mon 01-Oct-12 17:59:15

But I am going to read the 3rd when it comes out! Jethro- if your friends a slow reader, want mine?

FrankelSaysRelax Mon 01-Oct-12 18:49:59

I like Philippa Gregory, though I've only read a few of her books.

In the same vein, Alison Weir is very good. She's a proper historian with several published non-fiction books, but decided to try out a bit of historical fiction. I've only read one of her books, Innocent Traitor (about Lady Jane Grey) but it is very good.

FrankelSaysRelax Mon 01-Oct-12 18:52:12

Er, blonde - I think you'll find I chucked Mr Cumberbatch into the Pit sometime ago and stamped his forehead "Reserved For Frankel" wink

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Mon 01-Oct-12 18:56:24

I totally love history but it doesn't half prompt some crappy novels. The worst one I have read was called Lady of the Roses about Sir John Neville's wife Isabelle. It was so shit I can't begin to describe its shitness.

Northey Mon 01-Oct-12 19:02:37

I read some fabulous shit once where an early medieval maid was enjoying Christmas celebrations which included not only a tree with candles and paper chains, but also a rousing chorus of "Deck The Halls With Boughs Of Holly."

blonderthanred Mon 01-Oct-12 19:37:40

I've cloned him. Enough to go round.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Mon 01-Oct-12 22:01:42

Hello - I am back, can I have some of the Cumbercatch clones? I think my body has caught on to the MC, I am horny I seem to be ovulating.

Sorry about the headache, norf, did work go okay otherwise?

Waves at the witches and pleased we've left that shit-fred behind (even if it was ALSO the one with my BFP). Well done to sinky for the new one. And fanks.

blonderthanred Mon 01-Oct-12 22:12:23

You can have as many as you like, all drizzled with lemon. The magic of witchcraft.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Mon 01-Oct-12 22:20:17

Hmm, I am taking a few to bed, then. Speak to you all later/tomorrow/in a week. Had a long weekend and shit-loads to do at work and socially this week, so not sure when I'll next check in!

ThisWitchSinks Mon 01-Oct-12 22:20:28

Ooh, I like your kind of witchcraft blond. After watching shit movies over the weekend, I have accio-ed Chris Evans in to the pit for my personal pleasure. Him of the Captain America and other such nonsense. Not the ginger radio presenter.

Norf, hope you're tucked up in bed by now, but, incase you were awake and worrying, fear not- the peacock feather is now tucked into my witchy hat, and the badger pelt is perfect for a shawl. The cabbage leaf skirt has been left with the woo fred. Frankly they're welcome to each other.

Obviously, as barren old hags, our familiars are all cats, no? That's mine there. The tabby one licking his bum. He's called Bernie.

lovesLemonDrizzleCake Mon 01-Oct-12 22:24:01

Come on, I clearly have a frog. A nice slimy one. And if someone (for instance a BESH in-law) misbehaved, I throw it at them. It is better than the excessive swearing I did towards the end of the last fred.

I am too tired to get ready for bed. Someone send me please!

Northey Tue 02-Oct-12 04:46:26

Work was ok, thanks, lem. They seem happy for me to have a gentle reintroduction to it. Have been awake since 3am feeling tense about it anyway, though.

Did Cumberbatch satisfy the ovulation horn?

ThisWitchSinks Tue 02-Oct-12 08:37:59

Sorry about the lack of sleep norf.

A friend having private ivf cycle at the mo has just texted me to tell me she's taken herself off our local nhs list- her experience is the same as mine and she's given up on them. So releaved it's not just me that can't get on with them!

FrankelSaysRelax Tue 02-Oct-12 08:46:52

Grr, temp dropped below the cover line this morning so now FF is saying I haven't ovulated angry

I think I have, it's CD bloody 35 after all. Hopefully it is a temporary blip, FF says that the cover line is just a guide, but if that's the case why now say that I haven't ov'd at all?!

[casts spell on FF servers]

fertilityFTW Tue 02-Oct-12 08:50:43

<sneaks in and draws a pentagram behind bag of ishoos to mark spot>

ThisWitchSinks Tue 02-Oct-12 08:59:51

<places FF in centre of wonky pentagram and dusts with powdered bat>

<mutters incantation. Green flames explode>

Ta dah!

Northey Tue 02-Oct-12 09:07:20

FutitlityFiend is always being crap and indecisive for you, frank. Bastards. I'm sure you're right and you have ovulated though.

eurochick Tue 02-Oct-12 12:18:24

Morning hags. Well actually, afternoon. The day is flying by.

I slept so well last night. I didn't sweat like a paedo in a nursery for once either. Maybe it was the acu. She said I was running too hot or something equally woo and was going to try to cool me down.

It's CD 5 here and the worst is over. Sh@g week cometh.

<Stirs caldron>

Northey Tue 02-Oct-12 13:05:21

Isn't KFZK going to stir your cauldron for you, eurowitch?

ThisWitchSinks Tue 02-Oct-12 14:11:16

paedo in a nursery. <chortle>

Cd 4 here. The sechs drive is back in action and once the bloody (literally) druid has left the building I'm going to be so back on it. All in my head my arse. There is something hormonal in the uber long cycles that makes me totally disinterested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now