Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Please hold my hand - cancer.

(987 Posts)
Trazzletoes Tue 02-Oct-12 10:31:11

Currently in hospital since last night with DS who is 3. Scans show masses on his brain. Drs believe them to be tumours, likely to have come from his abdomen.

Waiting for more scans/tests etc. staff are being overly nice to us which is worrying me more (though they did refer us to social services last night as they thought DH or I had fractured DS' skull.

Feel incredibly sick. He is 3 years old. Please hold my hand.

I am so sorry you are going through this.No words but consider your hand held x

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 02-Oct-12 10:33:00

you poor poor thing. Consider your hand held. I have no advice, but didn't want to not post.

M44 Tue 02-Oct-12 10:34:52

Thinking of you....lots of virtual hand holding.

trazzletoes I am so sorry.

Thinking of you and your DS.

piratecat Tue 02-Oct-12 10:36:03

Trazzletoes, i will hold your hand. xx

CatPower Tue 02-Oct-12 10:36:14

God Trazzle, I just saw this in Active convos and couldn't read and run.

Keeping my fingers crossed for your DS, and holding your hand too. xxx

EdMcDunnough Tue 02-Oct-12 10:37:59

Have you eaten at all - try something easy like a yogurt drink, it might make you feel a bit less nauseous.

It's the shock and I bet you are very tired too.

Thinking of you...do you have any other children to sort out, have you got any help?

BiscuitsandBaileys Tue 02-Oct-12 10:38:13

Another hand holder here.
Thinking of you all x

16muddypaws Tue 02-Oct-12 10:38:59

Life can be so cruel - this puts all our other worries into perspective - stay strong for your baby -hand held - I've got a feeling you wont't have enough hands for all the support and messages you are going to recieve - keep talking to people don't shut yourself away, it will really help.

TakingTheStairs Tue 02-Oct-12 10:39:01

Holding you hand tightly.
xx

Quenelle Tue 02-Oct-12 10:39:33

I'm holding your hand and thinking of you all.

essexmumma Tue 02-Oct-12 10:39:53

You can hold mine too. My thoughts are with you x

TheReturnoftheSmartArse Tue 02-Oct-12 10:39:59

You're all in my thoughts. X

THERhubarb Tue 02-Oct-12 10:40:10

I am so so very sorry. What a heartbreaking time this must be for you and your family. Please do make sure you look after yourself, get something to eat and have someone there whose shoulder you can cry on.

I am sure the hospital will be working around the clock to do what they can for your little boy. I pray that these tumours are non-cancerous and can be removed safely.

Giving you all virtual hugs. My heart literally goes out to you.

TheLaineyWayIsEssex Tue 02-Oct-12 10:41:34

Another pair of hands here to hold.
Thinking of you all xx

ilovesprouts Tue 02-Oct-12 10:44:38

thinking of you all x

Trazzletoes Tue 02-Oct-12 10:49:06

Thank you all. This really means a lot to me. He is such a brave little soldier.

The Drs are being fab (now that they've ascertained that we HADN'T fractured his skull and so the referral to social services was unnecessary but that's by-the-by). He's off for a scan of his tummy soon to see if there's anything there. I'm fairly certain there will be. He's had stomach aches for months but I was told it was probably food intolerance.

God, I just can't believe this is happening. Desperately hoping that they can cure him.

I have had breakfast, thanks for worrying, they gave me the news after I'd eaten.

Also have DD (8 months). Hospital have been fab so far and am sure we will have rl support soon enough. We're holding off telling people until we have some more concrete information.

RillaBlythe Tue 02-Oct-12 10:51:58

Thinking of you & your DS.

AnAssumedIdentity Tue 02-Oct-12 10:54:17

Didn't want to read and not post. Lots of love and in my prayers.

IWishIWasAFrog Tue 02-Oct-12 10:54:33

I am so sorry. thinking of you, don't really know what else to say, it all sound so hollow sad

bonnieslilsister Tue 02-Oct-12 10:56:38

Hand holding here too and sending you love and hope like you say it is curable. They really can do so much nowadays xx

CalamityKate Tue 02-Oct-12 10:57:15

I'm so sorry. Another hand here xx

EdMcDunnough Tue 02-Oct-12 10:57:18

I'm glad that they are treating you with kindness. I hope it won't be too hard with DD being so little, to bring her along when you need to be there with DS. Let people help, accept offers, iyswim...people want to do something and will feel better if they can help.

I hope there is some good news before long.

CouthyMowWearingOrange Tue 02-Oct-12 10:57:57

Sending you my best wishes. Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now