Sodding latent phase

(134 Posts)
Tiredtrout Tue 23-Apr-13 11:30:18

I know I'm only 37+5, I know I'm still working but and it's a very big one at the moment, I measured my waist, I'm 50 inches around when I'm only 63 inches tall in total.

Everyone keeps commenting at work on my size, my feet are swollen to the point where it's painful to walk, the chairs at work are uncomfortable, I'm up half the night because by the time I've managed to get up to the toilet I can't get back to sleep, I have constant back pain, my boobs hurt and I'm having good contractions with pressure down below for a few hours at a time at 7 minutes apart and a minute in length.

Why won't this baby just get out now?

I will continue now looking happy and serene after getting that out but seriously this is totally beyond funny now

Tiredtrout Fri 10-May-13 07:27:14

How is everyone this morning, hopefully someone went into labour properly, wasn't me though. Still crampy and uncomfortable so couldn't face jumping him last night especially as he has arranged for his friends to come over Tuesday for dinner pretty much as soon as the pil are out of here! Still I'm sure it'll all kick off when it's ready regardless of how many people are in the house

StiffyByng Fri 10-May-13 08:17:37

Nothing at all last night. At least I got decent sleep. I have the midwife today who will do a sweep if the head is finally engaged-surely my discomfort walking means it must be by now?! Happy due date, Trout!

WildeRumpus Fri 10-May-13 10:02:01

Morning! No baby here either! Crampy and feel off today so just snuggling in front of the Tele while small.child is at nursery.

Slept well as well stiffy is so rejuvenating isn't it. Don't feel so glum about it all.

Happy weekends all and sending.labour vibes smile

StiffyByng Fri 10-May-13 10:20:48

Glad you feel more cheerful, Wilde. Remind me when you are/were due?

WildeRumpus Fri 10-May-13 15:16:11

Aw thanks stiffy. I feel much better with the weekend coming up! 39+3 today smile

Had on/off cramping and sharper pains today and can't really sit down! Am best off on my birthing ball. Don't know what this means tho, if anything. Am mentally telling myself that I really can go into labour any time now and trying to relax. The pain makes me really tense tho! Sure is nothing.

Hope you guys well!

Tiredtrout Fri 10-May-13 21:52:32

Well they are here, apparently dinner was ok, but my ironing pile has been noticed and I have been found wanting. Dog walk carrying all the shopping and then cleaning every floor in the house has led to lots of pain so probably another night ahead feeling grumpy and tired.

Hope you both are having a good night

StiffyByng Sat 11-May-13 07:39:58

I would so be struggling not to tell them to piss off.

Another evening of promising contractions followed by, I suppose luckily, a pretty unbroken night's sleep. I have more or less constant period cramping though. The midwife reckoned a baby this weekend but we shall see.

WildeRumpus Sat 11-May-13 07:55:16

stiffy am exactly the same! Constant period cramping. Can't get comfy anywhere. Contracting on and off all day yesterday but then slept all night. Kept waking to see if I was in labour yet hehe. I want my baby to come today but am feeling rather too chipper so am taking my wrecked back out for a walk (in the rain).

tired Wtf is going on in your world? I don't want to sound rude but why is your dh letting your in laws stay at this time and how can they get away with being so rude to you? Feel free to come here and rant away when needed. My mil is down the road and tbh in this stage of pregnancy that is close enough! You need to rest lady, rest!

Tiredtrout Sat 11-May-13 08:59:15

Unfortunately dpil invited themselves and won't take no for an answer, they see their sons house as an extension of theirs and me as a chattel. They were incredibly rude all through dinner to my dc, including telling my 16yo dd that she needed to start looking at her forever relationship, and that they were surprised she graduated with a merit yesterday. Fil was also dismissive of my 12yo ds when he was trying to explain how much he was enjoying poetry and languages at school, it's not engineering so it's not what he should as a boy be interested in! Then I was told that I should be washing up after cooking and cleaning all day.

Strangely I looked myself in the bathroom after a while, I was having lots of pains though but like both of yours having been on all fours having my back rubbed and taking paracetamol I got into bed and they stopped again!

WildeRumpus Sat 11-May-13 09:18:50

Being stressed can bring on bh trout. I didn't know this but stress will tense you up and set it off - plus being physically busy of course with the shopping etc. Your in laws sound dreadful. Is it time to teach your dcs the mn refrain of 'did you mean to be so rude?'. How do they feel about their gps? Poor things. Forever boyfriend indeed. And congrats on your dds merit smile

Gosh really, I can't believe you can't ask them to leave! I have gone no contact with my toxic mother tho so am a hard bitch smile your home is your sanctuary! And at no time more so than when you are going to give birth! I am cross for you. Grr.

csmm Sat 11-May-13 11:29:57

Sorry for butting in here but Trout your PIL sound awful! My MIL has asked if she can come after baby's due (am 39+2) and I have told DP that if she wants to she can stay in a hotel and I won't be doing any cooking/entertaining. Why don't you start having naps etc citing that your MW has told you you need to rest and stop doing so much? And why is your DP not washing up if you've cooked and cleaned all day?

Tiredtrout Sat 11-May-13 11:35:51

He did wash up but mil felt it was inappropriate for him to do it as he is the man of the house and had been at work all day! I'm just doing my best to avoid them at the moment but I'm pretty sure this baby won't go anywhere while they are here

Tiredtrout Sun 12-May-13 10:50:54

Any news today stiffy or Wilde? There has to be some babies on the way by now surely!

WildeRumpus Sun 12-May-13 12:12:10

Hello! Arf I had strong contractions this morning, kicked out ds and dh to have some peace and all seems to have bloody calmed down again!

Grrr! Thought today was the day, really did.

Tiredtrout Sun 12-May-13 13:40:07

Bollocks Wilde, that's so frustrating. I've just come back from a walk with pil, had good strong pains while walking, while having a massive strop quietly at dh about not really wanting them here. He got rid of his parents when we got to the house and now it's stopped again. They aren't leaving properly till tomorrow. Maybe I'll have it then

StiffyByng Sun 12-May-13 14:02:12

I hope so!

Last night I actually got my TENS on but the pain stopped before I went to bed.

One of us really needs to have a baby very soon.

WildeRumpus Sun 12-May-13 16:47:47

What are we like?! I keep trying to not think about it... It doesn't work. smile

Tiredtrout Sun 12-May-13 16:56:53

It keeps stopping and starting here, the lovely pil let me have 2 hours before they were wanting to know if I was in labour or not. If I knew that I may be slightly less pissed off. They will be here again within the hour for their dinner and I will be expected to be fully dressed, the most I want to wear is my pjs but apparently not acceptable.

One of these babies has to come out soon as I am getting cross

Tiredtrout Sun 12-May-13 20:52:06

They've gone, maybe now we can all have our babies grin

StiffyByng Sun 12-May-13 20:54:53

Do you think your PiL were keeping us all pregnant!

I'm only 40+2 and pretty comfortable physically but just want to avoid all the induction pressure. So anytime this week is good. Although Friday is DD's birthday so for her sake I'd rather avoid that.

Tiredtrout Sun 12-May-13 20:56:36

I wouldn't put it past them!

Tiredtrout Mon 13-May-13 07:43:38

How are you this morning stiffy and Wilde I've got a hot date with some pjs and my sofa

WildeRumpus Mon 13-May-13 08:03:59

Glad you have some space now trout. Am still pregnant! Had some really painful contractions last night so am progressing. Actually they were so painful I have had a nasty reminder of what this labour business is all about... And he can stay in!

Pj day hurray! I am running around after ds today eek!

StiffyByng Mon 13-May-13 08:05:24

Achey but pregnant! Midwife coming round in an hour to do a sweep. I am fully prepared to be told I have the most closed cervix in history. smile After that I have a big day taking my seriously ill DSD off to a new residential school a 90 minute drive from home, so maybe that will bring on massively inconvenient labour.

How about you, Wilde?

StiffyByng Mon 13-May-13 08:06:14

X-post. Very pleased to hear about those painful contractions! Come on, baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now