PLEASE NOTE: All Mumsnetters and Mumsnet Bloggers are welcome to post in this Talk topic but this isn't the place for promoting blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. If you do that here, we may well delete your posts. If you'd like to join the Mumsnet Bloggers Network please do apply: we'd love to look at your blog!

New Blog Posts 7th to 13th April

(62 Posts)
MrsNRay Sun 07-Apr-13 14:52:00

I hope I haven't just missed the thread for this, if I have please feel free to delete this one! If not, please share your wonderful blog posts!

My blog post today is about doing some Art Therapy with my 10 month old smile

plutoniumsox.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/art-therapy.html

How Does He Do It? Can Anyone Tell Me?

AMillionMilesOfFun Sun 07-Apr-13 18:17:04

Well hello... This week the boy and I have been getting crafty with lolly sticks, making tulips, porcupines and monsters.

fcknits Sun 07-Apr-13 19:25:19

My post today is a free crochet pattern for a mini amigurumi penguin. smile

www.fcknits.co.uk/2013/amigurumi-penguin

cjfriess Mon 08-Apr-13 08:04:13

Mucky Duck is on Story Snug today smile

fcknits Mon 08-Apr-13 09:27:16

Love reading all your blog posts! smile Hope Parsley won't mind that I can't quite bring myself to comment on her post. Nothing to do with Parsley - just those... Hmm. sad

Sometimes you just have to write stuff. I have never seen the link made between Mairead Philpott and Stockholm syndrome, so I thought I would make the point.

MmeLindor Mon 08-Apr-13 11:57:46

I blogged about Paris Brown and the lesson we parents need to learn about using Social Media

fuzzypicklehead Mon 08-Apr-13 12:31:58

Inspired by a couple of recent threads and articles about Mumsnet's reputation for being big fat meanies: Why I'm a Mumsnet Blogger

MmeLindor Mon 08-Apr-13 13:55:10

OVER HERE ALL BLOGGERS

Can you all come and post on this thread. Those who were MNetters first, and those who came to MN via the network.

MmeLindor Mon 08-Apr-13 13:59:03

Fuzzy
LOVELY blog. Do link it up on that thread.

JerryLeadbetter Mon 08-Apr-13 14:24:33

It's DAYS 4 AND 5 of my 30 Day Wardrobe Challenge!

PS great post fuzzy can someone fill me in on what the blog post was about that got the catty comment? Been away for a few days and totally missed all this!

MmeLindor Mon 08-Apr-13 14:40:29

Jerry
it was an old blog post, and a MNetter wrote something about seeing something on AIBU and made quite a scathing comment about mummybloggers. Totally rude and unnecessary.

The blogger asked about it on MN and got quite a lot of supportive comments, with people agreeing with her, and of course the odd 'bloggers are boring anyway'. IMO it was quite balanced.

It of course all got out of hand when some of her blogger friends posted in her defence then got deleted. Bit of storm in a tea cup really, but understandably upsetting for the blogger.

A couple of other bloggers and I thought it would be a good time to have a look at the Bloggers Network, and what we are doing here, and how to promote blogs on MN.

I have been over and posted smile

CollectorofCookbooks Mon 08-Apr-13 16:42:40

I'll be over in a mo, Mme.

A rant from me about motorway service stations, and how I've been saved by the National Trust. Which means I'm turning into my mother.

fuzzypicklehead Mon 08-Apr-13 16:59:08

Thanks for the positive feedback, I'll go and link up to the thread now.

The deleted thread wasn't a huge deal, but it did prompt me to think about why I joined the network-- especially with all the current Amanda Holden articles and threads about "Mean old Mumsnet".

I was really sad when that thread was deleted, though. It was one of those times when the surreal tangents developed into something much more entertaining than the original topic grin

PigeonPairNell Mon 08-Apr-13 20:56:37

MmeLindor, I've just added my 2p.

And here's my post, for anyone who's interested: the poo day

JerryLeadbetter Tue 09-Apr-13 13:43:51

MmeLindor ah I see, thank you for filling me in. I think you're either a person who LOVES blogs and blogging, or someone who thinks its crap - obviously everyone here thinks the former! I do agree though that I find it weird that people would join a blogging network but not know anything about the site. I've seen a few that I want to sign up to, to get my blog a bit more 'out there', but I don't see the point at the moment until i've got the time to go through how each site works, and what they stand for, as I won't get best use out of them for myself or more blog.

Anyway, I digress- here's today's post!

DAY 6 of the 30 Day Wardrobe Challenge!

PigeonPairNell Tue 09-Apr-13 19:20:47

fuzzypicklehead are you on twitter? Want to follow you and can't find your name (or whatever it's called - I'm new to twitter!)

JerryLeadbetter Tue 09-Apr-13 21:39:51

Our first Montessori toddler activity today to save our sanity- it worked!

We tried a spaghetti lucky dip

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now