Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To ask, is Jim Davidson really a nice man?

(328 Posts)
ashamedmummy11 Wed 29-Jan-14 19:30:04

I was just chatting with OH here and I said I quite liked him on CBB. Apart from a few questionable remarks to Casey he seems a reasonably nice guy. OH reckons he has a bad reputation. Is this true? If so why?

ihatethecold Wed 29-Jan-14 19:30:39

No. He isn't.
Arrogant misogynist.

Dawndonnaagain Wed 29-Jan-14 19:30:50

Because he's a rude, sexist, racist man.

EdithWeston Wed 29-Jan-14 19:32:01

Never met him, so no real idea.

Very bad press about him in previous years.

NCISaddict Wed 29-Jan-14 19:32:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NoIamAngelaHernandez Wed 29-Jan-14 19:32:27

Not in my experience.
( lived in same village)

Sadoldbag Wed 29-Jan-14 19:33:13

What don't you google his chalky routine and oh his views about gays awesome

m.youtube.com/watch?v=AjmsRsWl7jU

ravenAK Wed 29-Jan-14 19:36:47

SIL was in a TV series with him 20 years ago. She claims he was absolutely professional & rather nice, & was furious when the press briefly took to door-stepping her after some scandal he'd been involved in.

Based on everything upthread, I think he's probably a twat.

Sadoldbag Wed 29-Jan-14 19:37:46
Sadoldbag Wed 29-Jan-14 19:39:34

I only knew him for the snooker thing then I watched him on the kitchen show and couldn't believe it then googled him and came across his rasicst antics

I am sure most rasicst are personable Some of the time

17leftfeet Wed 29-Jan-14 19:42:41

In his autobiography he admits to beating his now ex wife

So not nice no

ComposHat Wed 29-Jan-14 19:45:17

Even if I didn't know about the wife beating, the racism, the homophobia or his views on people with disabilities, he still comes across as a deeply unpleasant man on celebrity big brother.

dawntigga Wed 29-Jan-14 19:49:40

I know an ex of his sister and he's a wankbadger twunt in my opinion.

He'sAFuckwitTiggaxx

dawntigga Wed 29-Jan-14 19:50:30

That should be:

A sister of one of his exes

ThisIsHowMuchHeAnnoysMeTiggaxx

ArgumentsatChristmas Wed 29-Jan-14 19:51:07

Jim Davidson

Racist
Sexist
Homophobic
Makes sick jokes about disabled people
Really not very funny either

What's to like? Why does this arsehole get the oxygen of publicity?

Here is a list of his choice moments but these are not his worst actually

LightsPlease Wed 29-Jan-14 19:51:42

No but he will probably win. Very fake

DameFanny Wed 29-Jan-14 19:52:47

He's on a very short list of performers not welcome at our local theatre after incidents with female staff, allegedly

ArgumentsatChristmas Wed 29-Jan-14 19:54:08

Oh forgot to mention he was arrested during Operation Yewtree (but they couldn't get anything to stick, unfortunately)

But go ahead - vote for him. The world needs more sexist racist wankers

TheArmadillo Wed 29-Jan-14 19:54:51

Friend's partner worked with him. Friend's partner is black and got vile racist abuse from JD.

Steben Wed 29-Jan-14 19:55:33

He is a rude sexist pig who hides behind self pity and "humour was acceptable back then" - dont be fooled.

ashamedmummy11 Wed 29-Jan-14 19:57:52

Eeek! I think I have fallen for it! That's really not good. Thanks for the replies. I just hadn't heard much about him before. I know he seems a bit sleazy with Casey but I Know Luisa and she's a prick in real life so I kinds agreed with what he was saying to her. I guess that coloured my opinion.

MizK Wed 29-Jan-14 19:58:55

Because of his 'chequered' past, whenever he shows any kindness or vulnerability it's amplified as expectations of him were so low. Judged without any prior knowledge he comes across as a fairly miserable lecherous man, hardly the national treasure he's being made out to be by some!

Juliaparker25 Wed 29-Jan-14 20:02:36

You lot don't live in the real world ....do you?

ComposHat Wed 29-Jan-14 20:06:13

Julia I really don't get your comment.

Why does thinking Jim Davidson is a cunt constitute 'not living in the real world'?

ArgumentsatChristmas Wed 29-Jan-14 20:07:46

I read that comment and it made me feel a bit sad tbh

I'm guessing that in Julia's world, JD is normal.

There are other worlds, all equally real, where people like JD just don't exist.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now