to think the plot development in Death in Paradise is utter pants [TITLE EDITED BY MNHQ: SPOILERS IN THREAD!]

(129 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

jessisinthegarden Tue 14-Jan-14 22:15:16

I mean WTF was that all about?
I spent days looking forward to series 2 and then he's stabbed with a bloody ice pick!
Spent almost the entire episode hoping and willing it all to be a big wind-up...expecting him to walk in any minute saying "Ah, got you there".
Rubbish storyline too.
What a crock of shite - won't be watching it again.
Love the other actors as I do, it can't be the same without Richard sad

VoldysGoneMouldy Wed 15-Jan-14 20:11:22

<snort> at "Bible doesn't end well". Depends which side you were on, I suppose. <scuttles>

I rather liked Death in Paradise, actually. It's always hard when a major character decides they want to leave (Downton Abbey is STILL bothering me), but I quite admire the attempt they made to continue with the general feel of the series despite this. We'll see how it goes.

Whiskwarrior Wed 15-Jan-14 20:13:27

It's got nothing to do with manners - that thing you keep saying? I don't think it means what you think it means.

OP didn't really think through what she was posting. She wasn't trying to ruin anybody's life and she certainly doesn't deserve the kicking she's had on this thread.

I've seen people post much worse stuff, actual hateful stuff, and not get this kind of response.

OvO Wed 15-Jan-14 20:56:46

I completely disagree Whisk.

People were a bit annoyed and posted to say so. I was a bit rude by saying OP had done it deliberately and one other person used a rude word.

That was as much of a kicking as she got. As in none. Fgs no one called her a cunt or told her to fuck off. In fact the nastiest post on this thread came from the OP herself.

Bitchy, harpies, nasty, vicious, get a life - I can't find any other comments on this thread that even come close to those.

RenterNomad Wed 15-Jan-14 20:56:57

There's only been a "reaction" (or over-reaction) because the response wasn't, "ooops, sorry everyone," but, "THE BBC MADE ME DO IT, AND BEN MILLER DID IT FIRST, and where have you idiots all BEEN?"

Normal people can get narked by that sort of thing.

By contrast, I saw a thread title about the Downton Abbey Christmas special (which I still haven't seen), which was something like: "God, it was boring, but, hey, at least nobody died." That's the way to do a fun teaser

Anyway, now I'm arguing for fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now