to think the plot development in Death in Paradise is utter pants [TITLE EDITED BY MNHQ: SPOILERS IN THREAD!]

(129 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

jessisinthegarden Tue 14-Jan-14 22:15:16

I mean WTF was that all about?
I spent days looking forward to series 2 and then he's stabbed with a bloody ice pick!
Spent almost the entire episode hoping and willing it all to be a big wind-up...expecting him to walk in any minute saying "Ah, got you there".
Rubbish storyline too.
What a crock of shite - won't be watching it again.
Love the other actors as I do, it can't be the same without Richard sad

Well recording it was a fucking waste of time wasn't it

thanks a bloody bunch op

IneedAwittierNickname Wed 15-Jan-14 00:48:45

IHope did you name change especially for the op grin I knelt on a Lego piece earlier, it fucking hurt!

grin I didn't but it seems fitting wink

Kneeling hurts more than stepping on! <ponders name change>

IneedAwittierNickname Wed 15-Jan-14 00:53:46

It's very fitting smile

What's worse is its not the first time I've knelt on one sad shouldn't be so slovenly

If you want to talk slovenly, I changed the head on my razor the other day but whrn I popped it off it flew on the floor

"I'll nip downstairs quickly then pick it up when I come back up" I thought

5 hours later I went back in tge bathroom and promptly trod on it

my toes are curling at the memory! !

IneedAwittierNickname Wed 15-Jan-14 00:59:11

Ouch!

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Wed 15-Jan-14 01:13:40

You may or may not be unreasonable I'm not sure. YABU to put it in the title before I'd actually watched it.

exexpat Wed 15-Jan-14 01:16:32

It's series three, not series two.

Gullygirl Wed 15-Jan-14 01:17:18

Thanks for that.
Still on series one here in Australia.

SilverShins Wed 15-Jan-14 01:28:06

I also didn't know and haven't seen it. Perhaps you could get the title changed to stop you pissing off anyone else. angry

OvO Wed 15-Jan-14 01:49:51

I can only assume the OP did this deliberately.

You can't accidentally make a title like that without knowing it will ruin it for people who haven't seen it yet.

It's very chuffing unreasonable to put all that detail in the thread title. It could easily been kept to the first post with just the show title as the thread title so people would know to not click if they hadn't caught up yet.

tethersend Wed 15-Jan-14 01:50:28

It was in the trailer- I didn't see it and I knew he'd been bumped off.

The OP hasn't revealed anything the BBC haven't already.

tethersend Wed 15-Jan-14 01:51:08

Apart from maybe the ice pick bit.

OvO Wed 15-Jan-14 01:52:25

I don't watch trailers. So ner. <sticks tongue out>

Stinklebell Wed 15-Jan-14 01:58:07

It's been known for ages that Ben Miller was leaving and Kris Marshall was taking over. The BBC have been showing trailers, it's been in various newspapers, interview in the Radio Times. It's hardly been a secret confused

OP didn't name the killer

Not sure it's really a spoiler when it's been all over the place for weeks tbh. Not OP's fault if people avoid most media (other than internet forums).

OvO Wed 15-Jan-14 02:56:19

It's pretty easy to avoid spoilers in any media if that's what you want. I get that I'm a bit odd in that respect but I'm clearly not the only one that does it.

I think no spoilers in thread titles is basic internet etiquette.

crabb Wed 15-Jan-14 03:26:12

Yes, another pissed off Australian here. Grrr to you OP.

scalesagain Wed 15-Jan-14 03:40:24

I was sad to find out from weekend tv that he was being killed off. But I think I would have been more upset by the plot line if I hadn't known... Would have preferred the scriptwriters not to have killed him off tbh.

sashh Wed 15-Jan-14 06:26:29

Thanks for that, I've recorded this to watch with a friend tomorrow.

I did have an idea that was going to happen but now I know.

Have you heard the terms 'spoilers' and 'spoiler alert'?

mscnile Wed 15-Jan-14 06:54:08

I don't watch it and even I knew this was halpening, I do think people are a bit precious about this type of thread, get over it!

80sMum Wed 15-Jan-14 07:22:01

It's been heavily publicised by the BBC for the past few weeks, both on TV and in all the TV magazines and in TV listings. They didn't want it to be a surprise. You would have to have deliberately switched channels as soon as the trailers started, and avoided reading anything about this week's TV listings in order not to know.

Sparklingbrook Wed 15-Jan-14 07:27:29

How can it be a spoiler if the programme has already been on? confused I have never understood.

SetPhasersTaeMalkie Wed 15-Jan-14 07:28:03

I don't watch but even I knew what was happening as it was trailed so often. The BBC has already revealed exactly what was going to happen.

karatekimmi Wed 15-Jan-14 07:31:27

Thanks for the spoiler. Was looking forward to watching that, can't you think about you title more carefully angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now