To get pissed off some days with living with a fussy eater.

(132 Posts)
jimijack Tue 14-Jan-14 19:07:12

DH.

He is perfectly capable of making his own meals but it's nice for us all to sit down and eat the same meal of an evening.

He is rubbing off on ds which pisses me off the most.

He has annoyed me tonight with his fussiness, I could happily tip tomorrow's tea over his head right now.

Frustrating is an understatement.

squoosh Wed 15-Jan-14 13:46:18

Sound like you made a good swap between ex and dp enormouse!

Anyone giving a person with life threatening allergies grief over their menu choices is a grade A *****.

FuckingWankwings Wed 15-Jan-14 14:26:24

Fussy eaters piss me right off, so YANBU! Especially adults.

The things he eats are limited and, while not the work of the devil, NOT varied or good enough for him, or more importantly your household, to be eating. Chicken nuggets, spam and chips are not a balanced diet.

And it's downright irresponsible for him to leave fruit and veg out of what he cooks for your DS just because he doesn't eat them. Does he not care about DS's health?

You need a sit-down and a proper talk, OP. He needs to let or make DS have fruit, veg or salad when he's feeding him. If he cooks for the family he needs to cook you balanced meals with veg. If you are cooking and he says he won't eat what you're making, your response is 'Fine, make your own or go hungry but DS and I are having this and we're eating at x o'clock.'

Squitten Wed 15-Jan-14 17:46:28

IMO, it's completely reasonable not to like some things, e.g. I dislike avocados. To cut out an entire food group with the blanket statement of "not liking vegetables", for example, is childish. It's also an unhealthy attitude to food and I would not be happy with that being passed down to the children.

AdmiralData Wed 15-Jan-14 17:51:03

YANBU Op. I live with my Son (10 months) Husband and Dad atm. It's chaos. My dad won't eat any carbohydrates, only meat/fish. My husband won't eat any kind of fish, only carbohydrates. Husband also not fussed on fruit or veg but I am slowly turning that around. Bloody nightmare.

harriet247 Wed 15-Jan-14 17:52:01

Very rude too! To turn his nose up at your cooking I mean :/ its just horrendous manners more than anything and a terrible example to your ds

frugalfuzzpig Fri 17-Jan-14 14:56:35

How rude of him.

Of course it's reasonable to have a few foods you don't like and therefore never eat. But as others have said the whole "ALL fruit and veg are evil" thing is just silly, and when you have children, irresponsible.

LittleBabyPigsus Fri 17-Jan-14 15:24:30

I also don't get the idea that people with Aspergers, supertasters etc don't exist in developing countries. Of course they do! Being a supertaster is down to how taste buds develop, it's not fussiness but a medical issue.

I am not fussy at all and like strong flavours but have IBS which means that there are some foods that I love but can't eat, and others I can only have a little of. I also have a few textural issues - beans are out, as are anything wet and crunchy like cucumber or raw onion. But that's really not much and as an adult I have every right to decide what I do or don't want to eat. What I DON'T have the right to do is be rude to people because of what they've served me, or to refuse all foods in xyz category, or only eat chicken nuggets ffs.

kind of want chicken nuggets for dinner now though oops

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now