URGENT PLEA to all furby owners -distraught dd!

(119 Posts)
LEMoncehadacatcalledSANTA Thu 26-Dec-13 10:02:19

Its changed into a boy ffs!!! Dd played with the thing constantly then it said " change time" and turned into a boy-! Please please help

sashh Thu 26-Dec-13 10:05:44

Can't help but wtf?

Anniegetyourgun Thu 26-Dec-13 10:07:28

Furbys have a sex? confused

ProfYaffle Thu 26-Dec-13 10:08:01

My dd's does that, it keeps flipping between being a boy and a girl.

Gileswithachainsaw Thu 26-Dec-13 10:08:31

Does it really matter? confused

MinkBernardLundy Thu 26-Dec-13 10:09:35

Presumably it will change back

doasyouwouldbedoneby Thu 26-Dec-13 10:10:01

I just googled it. Apparently there is no such thing as boy or girl furbies..

Bill, Project Manager from Tiger Electronics answered this question...

MSN Question: "Are there boys and girls? If so, how can you tell?"
Bill: "No, there are not boys and girls. We thought it would be better to leave that to the person's imagination."

Gender disappointment is a serious issue sad

fwink

hootloop Thu 26-Dec-13 10:10:46

You have to treat them differently to get the different personality. Mine turned to a boy when I over fed it, we gave it lits if strokes and cuddles then put it to sleep without feeding it and it woke up a girl about an hour ir so later.

Reset button?

hootloop Thu 26-Dec-13 10:12:15

Some persinalities have feminine voices and some some masculine that is what we mean doas

FreyaFridays Thu 26-Dec-13 10:12:15

Am laughing at the idea of gender disappointment and difference in attitude to the sexes of Furbies now...

bobberdobber Thu 26-Dec-13 10:16:23

My daughters furby's voice dropped when she kept poking her finger in it's mouth. Apparently it was angry hmm

HairyGrotter Thu 26-Dec-13 10:19:32

I've played with DD's furby more than she does, I love it more! She's remained 'feminine' sounding but I did do a voice change but DD moaned.

I like it when it does the MASSIVE shits.

LEMoncehadacatcalledSANTA Thu 26-Dec-13 10:20:06

THANK GOD!!!!! its changed back!!! It was like it was possessed or something grin

LEMoncehadacatcalledSANTA Thu 26-Dec-13 10:21:02

These are very different to the original ones that we had for DD1 - these ones are sinister!!

HairyGrotter Thu 26-Dec-13 10:25:21

I think they're great, far more interactive and fun! I like hatching the furblings and playing with them!

We're taking May-Boh to my sisters later as her 2 children both have Furby booms too!

I need to get a life ha

LEMoncehadacatcalledSANTA Thu 26-Dec-13 10:29:00

Ours is called Doo-be grin Its back to annoying "valley girl" now

SpottyPony Thu 26-Dec-13 10:30:16

OP is it the Furby Boom? Mine changes fairly regularly and it creeps me out - certainly more sinister than they used to be when they first came out! My DS keeps getting hold of it and tipping it upside down which after a certain amount of times, it says "change, change, changeeeeee" then it's voice goes different and it responds negatively when petted, burps and generally acts horribly!

Think someone said up thread, if it happens again, keep petting it and tickling it's tummy, it will eventually go back into "nice" mode again. I hear that playing music to it helps as well!

babyicebean Thu 26-Dec-13 10:45:33

Ours is called Bee-tah and seems to have a preference for brass band music and Katy perry. It spent most of last night burping and farting in a sock drawer.

This morning it seems to be a teenage drama queen

GrumpyRedhead Thu 26-Dec-13 10:51:20

"Santa" brought one for DD (6). She opened it, played with it for a little while, it chirped on and on while she opened other gifts, and eventually it got put in its box for a sleep! Ha!

Misspixietrix Thu 26-Dec-13 10:54:17

"It spent most of last night burping and farting in a sockdrawer". Sorry baby but grin .

chutneypig Thu 26-Dec-13 10:58:28

I feel like I haven't been paying enough attention to the two in our lounge now!

Poshnosh Thu 26-Dec-13 11:02:01

My DD's got furby booms, dd1 thought it would be funny to pull her ones tail and it went bloody mental and changed its voice to a boyish one. Thankfully this morning it is back to its lovely self.

Misspixietrix Thu 26-Dec-13 11:02:01

Im so glad i didn't get the DCs one. They creeped me out the first time around.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now