Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to ask am I the only person with an imploding Hellman's mayo bottle?

(86 Posts)
LargeLatte Mon 10-Jun-13 22:40:37

New non leak bottle. No mayo leaks out, no air goes in. Bottle has imploded with half of mayo still inside. Friend said the same. Anyone else? Determined not to waste mayo so will now have to hack it open with a knife.

Poosnu Mon 10-Jun-13 22:42:16

Yes! Happened to 2 bottles now in the fridge, but useless as they are. Feels such a waste to throw out.

Disappearing Mon 10-Jun-13 22:43:49

can't you just give it a hard squeeze in the other direction, like sideways, to get some air in? I have one of those one bottles...

off to fridge to check it...

mine's OK, and about 1/4 full now (or 3/4 empty), still looks like it did to begin with

?

Amazinggg Mon 10-Jun-13 22:45:05

I have one! Around half the mayo left inside. Really annoying as it was a mahoosive bottle too. I use it for tuna or egg mayo once or twice a week, so thought it was much handier than the jars. Not if I have to chuck it away halfway through...

Goodwordguide Mon 10-Jun-13 22:45:10

Yes, same problem here, I was just complaining about it yesterday. Had to take the cap off and scrape out the mayo. Have ordered a jar in my next shop...

SuperiorCat Mon 10-Jun-13 22:45:32

Yes me too. No amount of shaking, tipping etc makes any difference

Amazinggg Mon 10-Jun-13 22:46:07

I feel an MN campaign coming on

Every time I use ours I've to tip it top up, squeeze it back into shape then shake the mayo back down again.

Back to jars as soon as I can.

Fakebook Mon 10-Jun-13 22:52:13

Oh no! I Thought mine was running out of squeeze today. It's still half full!

SacreBlue Mon 10-Jun-13 22:53:43

Back to jars giant caterers tub here too. Bought 2 of new bottles on offer but won't be getting them again.

tethersend Mon 10-Jun-13 22:53:54

Mine too.

Perhaps they should consider making the bottle out of lead as it would be more fucking useful?n

Mine has done this too! Stupid bloody thing.

I don't like them, jars are £1 in co-op this week have stocked up on them.

mejon Mon 10-Jun-13 22:57:46

Mine too - I only bought it as it was cheaper than getting a jar. I found taking the top off and squooshing the bottle a bit got some more air in. Bit of a nuisance though.

SorryMyLollipop Mon 10-Jun-13 22:58:10

Mine too!!! Really annoying!

Why don't they just make the plastic a bit softer so it can pop back out to the right shape instead of creasing and refusing to budge?!

Surely they must consumer test new packaging before release?

Someone more technically minded than me please email/tweet them a link to this thread!

Angelodelighto Mon 10-Jun-13 22:58:34

Me too shock
I used it earlier and despite it being a new bottle I assumed the DC's had trashed it, (like they do the toothpaste)
I tried to squeeze it back into shape ( it wouldn't go)
And resorted to taking the lid off.

LargeLatte Mon 10-Jun-13 23:02:23

I've taken the lid off a few times to squeeze it back into shape but now the plastic is getting a bit floppy as have squished it around too much. They don't have twitter ir Facebook. I'll email them.

Aniseeda Mon 10-Jun-13 23:09:22

Yep, they are terrible! I decided to try supermarkets own mayo for this very reason and it tastes fine and is half the price so am sticking with it.

usualsuspect Mon 10-Jun-13 23:09:49

I dropped mine on the floor tonight,the fucking mayo splattered everywhere then.

Claricetheangel Mon 10-Jun-13 23:12:06

me too..just thought it was the way we squeezed it..wink

BikeRunSki Mon 10-Jun-13 23:16:01

Me too. DH has just been making his sandwiches for tomorrow and complaining about the mayo bottle.

LargeLatte Mon 10-Jun-13 23:16:23

So usualsuspect, if I put my dinner on the floor, stand on the worktop, the drop the may bottle with the lid off, I might get some on my food?

TheUnicornsGoHawaiian Mon 10-Jun-13 23:18:59

Me too!!!! very annoying!

usualsuspect Mon 10-Jun-13 23:21:12

Yes, grin

The bottle split when it hit the floor I had been trying to squeeze it for 5 minutes.

fusspot66 Mon 10-Jun-13 23:21:21

Me too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now