To think pushing a pram while smoking...

(236 Posts)
Damash12 Fri 22-Mar-13 06:58:48

Is just wrong!! I'm probably gonna get flamed but really??!! I see mum/dad pushing their babies with a fag resting on the handle, about level with child's head, all the fag smoke blowing nicely over the baby. And why do I find it even worse when it's a grandparent???

MrsDeVere Mon 25-Mar-13 08:24:39

Yes, if you are going to over react in such a ridiculous way its probably best you hide the thread

lemuzzy Mon 25-Mar-13 09:51:16

What I find surprising is that while everyone rightly agrees smoking while pushing a pram is wrong on mumsnet, you also have threads where people are told its wrong to judge pregnant women for smoking.

I don't get that. Smoking while pregnant is absolutely vile, and even worse than smoking around children. How could it ever be ok?

hairtearing Mon 25-Mar-13 14:29:37

I've posted before but I'll post again,

I think the vitriol towards smokers is a bit OTT, I quit for years and then after a very traumatic pregnancy/birth having literally no time to recover from childbirth thrown straight back into full SAHM mode and my eldest kicking and me having to wrestle with a big child, days after giving birth sent me back, ..

However I don't make myself fag breaks during the day with the kids, I don't smoke more than like a few times a day, and If I'm with a buggy I park it a few feet in sight away from me whilst child is quiet.
I get a few hmm but I'd rather than then puffing into a pram.

were not all jeremy kyle fodder.

MrsDeVere Mon 25-Mar-13 14:52:39

This thread is not about mothers who smoke hair.
It is about parents who smoke whilst pushing a buggy.

I do not agree with some of the OTT comments either.

But nothing is going to make me say 'awww go on then' either.

Everyone knows it is unacceptable to subject a child to cigarette smoke. People who do it, do it know it is wrong.

But I don't get all freaky over it. The majority of us do things that we know we shouldn't.

People killing themselves by smoking ^ genuinely ^ makes me feel sad.
Not in a patronising, head tilting way either.

I just wish everybody would stop it (and I smoke the occasional fag when drinking so I am not exactly halo polishing here!)

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Mon 25-Mar-13 16:51:29

Yanbu. It is horrible to see and I feel pity and sadness for the poor children forced to inhale the vile carcinogens.

twinklestar2 Mon 25-Mar-13 20:41:44

It's unacceptable to smoke around a child. End of.

hairtearing Wed 27-Mar-13 09:40:24

It did being to turn into a smoking bunfight some posts anyway.

hairtearing Wed 27-Mar-13 09:40:34

*begin

auforfoulkesake Wed 27-Mar-13 09:43:21

I don't see anything wrong with smoking while pushing a pram and think those of you that do are being ott and absolutely precious.
typical mumsnet

I remember seeing a bloke on the beach walking yards away from baby. to have a smoke . just ott and stupidly middle class.

hairtearing Wed 27-Mar-13 09:49:53

I couldn't be further from middle class and I stand like a foot away from the buggy I need one.

would you not be hmm seeing someone puffing a fag into a rear facing pram? shock

auforfoulkesake Wed 27-Mar-13 09:55:35

you are outdoors.
I wouldn't do it in the car, in the house,
but outdoors is fine.
what about other pollutants.

I know I am fighting a losing battle with some people though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now