The bra Interventions continued....

(1000 Posts)

We filled a thread, so here's another!

Startail Thu 28-Feb-13 23:47:56

Oh and narrow slopping shoulders so my bra straps, vest straps and handbags always fall off.

SorrelForbes Thu 28-Feb-13 23:52:19

chestnutmare - try a 36E

startail - try a 34E, 34F 36E and a 36DD. I suspect that the 34F will be the closest.

Apologies Sorrel for crap link. Try this

Startail this Fantasie bra has straps that are angled so that they won't slip off. It's quite generous in the cup.

I love the underwear interventions. You (i presume) ladies giving advice are amazing. It makes me sad that so many women suffer back pain and poor body image that could be at least partly be helped with a good bra.

KeatsiePie Fri 01-Mar-13 00:04:11

Sorrel thank you so much!! Amazing how many women (including me) have never had a bra fitted properly.

If you don't mind -- any recommendations for where to shop online for a 28E? I've never seen E cups in a store. And/or if you have thoughts about what cut of bra is good for small breasts I'd love to hear them.

TheDoctrineOfSciAndNatureClub Fri 01-Mar-13 01:02:01

Yay new thread!

ToysRLuv Fri 01-Mar-13 01:16:51

I've been fairly happy with my 38 d bras, just hate the straps sliding off my shoulders all the time. Would a different measurement style correct this or should I stick to my sport tank toppy bras? My measurements are 34 and 40.

TheDoctrineOfSciAndNatureClub Fri 01-Mar-13 01:21:11

34E, I think you need!

VodkaKnockers Fri 01-Mar-13 01:36:25

Well it looks like I will be off bra shopping this weekend thanks to you lovely ladies.

I have also been spreading the info to my friends. Hopefully we will all have fabulously supported breasts from now on!

ToysRLuv Fri 01-Mar-13 01:37:31

Oh god. Well, at least it should be easy enough to find! Thanks! Will have a look next time I go to town..

KeatsiePie Fri 01-Mar-13 02:55:02

Wait. Seriously. An E?? Like, as in four cup sizes up from my current A? I am astonished. [looks down into shirt dubiously]

BratinghamPalace Fri 01-Mar-13 05:46:40

HELLS BELLS. For years I have been trying to find a bra that feels and looks good to no avail. Please tell me what I should be looking for ? I measured and am 32 below and 38 above. So why in Gods name am I wearing 34B? Can't be right can it?
'Nother thing, how come you all have measuring tapes handy? I had to measure myself with a long builder one!

Bratinghampalace
Start with a 32E, but be prepared to try smaller in the back and bigger in the cup so 30F/FF too. Fit guide near the top of the thread.

GinOnTwoWheels Fri 01-Mar-13 06:37:53

For all of you that now have loads of wrong sized bras that you can't wear anymore and can't be sold or given to friends/family, can I suggest that they are donated to charity?

chestnutmare Fri 01-Mar-13 06:43:58

Thanks so much! Can't wait to go shopping at the weekend! grin

HeavenlyWineandRoses Fri 01-Mar-13 07:00:35

Watching with interest and bookmarking for when I finish breastfeeding.

Tell me, my LO is 6 months and starting on solids. I'm guessing this means she will drop some feeds. At what point can I return to under-wired bras?

OrangeLily Fri 01-Mar-13 07:06:33

I have a measuring tape in my sewing kit, is useful for all sorts.

Can't imagine using one of those builder ones shock that's a lot of sharp metal on exposed nipples.

I think I actually know how to do this now. Am sitting counting on my fingers! I take it you start counting from cup A? Do you I include AA? Where does that come in? I'm currently counting:

A,B, C,D, DD, E, F, FF, G,GG and so on?

Wow. I can't believe these threads, this is a revelation shock

I only have 1 comfy bra which is a 36c, all my other bras of various sizes are uncomfortable. But even my comfy bra is a bit annoying, the back rides up, straps fall down etc.

But my mainnissuevis this, my breasts don't really have any a lot of fullness at the top, so whilst I fill the C cup at the bottom, at the top it's very empty. Therefore when I lean forward my boob kind of shifts up and I end up with escapage.

My measurements are 31-31.5 under breast (depending on if I'm breathing in or out!) and 38 ish over.

Thank you lovely ladies!

Grange Fri 01-Mar-13 07:23:11

I'm a 33 under and 39 over Help please!

Furball Fri 01-Mar-13 07:48:26

KeatsiePie - I feel the same I currently just fill a 38c cup but have been measured 36 ff. I'm willing to trust the tape measure and the FANTASTIC knowledge on this thread and I've ordered a ff cup.

AgathaF Fri 01-Mar-13 07:48:27

doobie try a 32F or 30FF/G and sizes around those.

Grange try 34E or, more likely, 32F - and sizes around those.

AgathaF Fri 01-Mar-13 07:50:48

When you first go into your new, properly fitting size, it does feel tight at first but you get used to it really quickly. I would just hate to go back to a too large band, straps slipping off all the time, sore breasts from too small underwires etc, etc.

CelticPromise Fri 01-Mar-13 07:56:47

Re breastfeeding and pregnancy, it's fine to wear underwired if they fit properly and don't dig into breast tissue. Anita make underwired nursing bras but I haven't tried them.

CelticPromise Fri 01-Mar-13 07:57:23

That was in reply to Heavenly

This thread is not accepting new messages.