Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Workman has done a poo in my loo.

(158 Posts)
Thingiebob Sat 16-Feb-13 13:27:23

DH is surprised.

Aibu for not having any strong feelings about this?

Dannilion Sat 16-Feb-13 13:38:02

*that, not than.

Sugarice Sat 16-Feb-13 13:38:18

Dh had a colleague who was desperate for the loo while working in a customers house.

It wouldn't flush away, she came home while he was still trying to flush it, there was no loo brush to push it down either. grin bless him , he was mortified!

Sparklingbrook Sat 16-Feb-13 13:38:23

Your poor DP Dann, that must be horrible, if he has to go he has to go. IBS is evil.

manicinsomniac Sat 16-Feb-13 13:39:15

I'm one of those who wouldn't be the slightest bit concerned by anybody pooing in my loo BUT I would never poo in anyone else's loo myself because I'd be too embarrassed.

Thingiebob Sat 16-Feb-13 13:39:41

No window.

No toilet brush.

He did leave a mark. Discreet squirt of bleach sorted it out.

DH said he prob wouldn't poo in someone else's loo. He just shrugged and wandered off when pressed further.

The whole scenario has reminded me of a number of threads on here involving tradesmen and appropriate loo usage. I practically broke my neck to get online to post about it on here. smile

sooperdooper Sat 16-Feb-13 13:41:56

I never get people who say they can only poo at home surely if you need to go, you need to go? I can't hold it in!!

DizzyHoneyBee Sat 16-Feb-13 13:43:31

A workman once did one in the loo at my old house that was too big to flush away....I got my soon to be ex boyfriend to deal with it; in fact I think it might have been the same day grin

Megatron Sat 16-Feb-13 13:43:52

Bah, that's nothing!

My sister was rather dismayed when the man relaying the felt on her garage roof, shat on said roof. She knows this because she stuck her head out of the bathroom window to ask if he wanted a cuppa and caught him mid squat. I believe it was a rather awkward moment.

Sparklingbrook Sat 16-Feb-13 13:44:30

shock Megatron <puts chocolate digestives down>

cozietoesie Sat 16-Feb-13 13:44:32

It's not always straightforward. I have MH problems with people I don't know in my house. (I'm dealing with them.) But I had workmen I didn't know in my house to do work for the neighbours. (I had the only access.) It was a neighbourly oncession but the workmen used my private bathroom without asking. (If they 'd asked they'd have been referred downstairs.)

Sorry and all - but I don't want men I don't know peeing and pooing over my own space.

DizzyHoneyBee Sat 16-Feb-13 13:46:05

Sorry Megatron but [laugh] - there needs to be a smiley for laughing whilst drinking coffee at the computer.

Sugarice Sat 16-Feb-13 13:46:23

Megatron grin grin

lainiekazan Sat 16-Feb-13 13:46:28

I had to throw away a loo seat after a bloke had been to mend the dishwasher.

Megatron Sat 16-Feb-13 13:47:14

Yep Sparkling. I'm sure she was on the phone to me before the poor man got his trousies up. I'm afraid I wasn't as sympathetic as she'd hoped I'd be on account of the fact that I thought it was the funniest thing i'd ever heard.

Auntmaud Sat 16-Feb-13 13:48:14

This is hilarious!

Some of you are very erm, anal grin.

We all piss and shit, get over it.

DizzyHoneyBee Sat 16-Feb-13 13:56:57

Sorry Megatron but [laugh] - there needs to be a smiley for laughing whilst drinking coffee at the computer.

manicinsomniac Sat 16-Feb-13 13:58:49

superdrooper well if I really couldn't hold it then yes, I would go where necessary but I think most people without a permanent or temporary affliction can hold poo for a long time.

MajesticWhine Sat 16-Feb-13 13:59:40

The builder who did my bathroom would spend ages in the loo, evidently having a dump, almost as soon as he arrived in the morning. He chose the downstairs loo which is rather prone to blocking. I didn't judge too harshly - that's what it's there for.

Sugarice Sat 16-Feb-13 14:00:23

My dh has a sphinctor muscle made of steel grin, there's no number two coming out of there unless it's on his own throne. wink

Megatron Sat 16-Feb-13 14:00:53

My sister is terribly proper too Dizzy, I think she was traumatised for weeks afterwards. grin

Sparklingbrook Sat 16-Feb-13 14:02:53

Is there still a poo on her roof Megatron? The aerial man came here not long ago and now I'm wondering.......

FarBetterNow Sat 16-Feb-13 14:09:26

I know some joiners and gardeners who have a poo bucket in their vans.
I haven't asked how they dispose of the contents.
Maybe they line the bucket with a plastic bag.

landofsoapandglory Sat 16-Feb-13 14:11:22

Megatron that is funny!grin I read it to DH and he is disgusted!

thebody Sat 16-Feb-13 14:15:24

Its a toilet so errr its for wee and poo.??!!

If you got to go you got to go... Even the hired help..

hamdangle Sat 16-Feb-13 14:19:33

I know someone who is a brickie and they say that they have done a poo in the cavity walks of every house they've built! A friend if mine was helping him on a job and saw him sitting on the gap and doing it whilst reading the paper!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now