to think that having 8 DC by 3 different fathers may well have a detrimental impact on the DCs?

(380 Posts)
StuckForAUserName Thu 24-Jan-13 20:08:19

Especially as the first two fathers are not in the picture anymore so the 3rd husband is bringing up someone else's 6 DC and then a further 2 have been added to the household hmm.

The mother is effectively a single parent anyway as the latest DH is away a lot in the military. The oldest 3 are in boarding school though so there is only 5 DC full time at home. This is a middle class family btw not a family of 'benefit scroungers'. The mother states that 'her kids have a decent dad and will all be fine'. AIBU in thinking that it's terrible?

LineRunner Sat 26-Jan-13 18:25:22

Well, I may post that thread one day. Here's a good one:

'Why is the father of my children entitled to make a new family or families without particular redress, financial or moral, but I am not?'

Oooh, men, eh?

SoleSource Sat 26-Jan-13 18:27:52

So benefit scroungets can never be middle class.. Ooh boy the prejudice makes me wanna vomit

Flickstix Sat 26-Jan-13 18:39:25

I know a fair few middle class benefit claimants, they just don't make it obvious. Also know a lot of of working class people who would rather do anything than claim benefits.

LineRunner Sat 26-Jan-13 18:40:26

Indeed.

Btw a very large portion of 'benefits' go to the middle class. But we don't seem to call them 'hand outs'. We call them 'grants' and 'allowances', and 'pensions'.

flippinada Sat 26-Jan-13 20:15:09

"'Why is the father of my children entitled to make a new family or families without particular redress, financial or moral, but I am not?'"

And the answer to that is..

How DARE you ask that question, what are you??? Some sort of man hating feminazi?!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now