To wonder who comprise MN Royalty these days?

(204 Posts)
FunnysInLaJardin Tue 22-Jan-13 22:12:42

For me first off I would say Hully, Pagwatch, Hecate, LaQ, Buppy, Usual and LOADS of others.

They will all decry the title, so I suppose what I mean is who are the regular regulars who you see about all the time?

<btw my cat has farted, the smelly Cog/Dat>

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Tue 22-Jan-13 23:00:05

I have never seen the term Mumsnet Royalty used in anger/sneering - have only read that it has been used as such in the past.

I have seen MN Royalty used in a jokey/banter type way.

Plus, one (incredibly lovely) MNer was recently surprised I had only been here a short while (just over a year) as she thought I was MN Royalty and I was quite proud (I have ishoos, I need to be loved/adored/admired) wink

In reality, she probably meant that she thought this because I was here shit-loads and therefore a stalwart/regular/lives in a hovel because MN-ing is much more fun than RL/housework.

However, I will take it to mean that I am Queen of MN <gavel>

TheCalvert Tue 22-Jan-13 23:00:16

I quite like these threads. Although, I really would lurve a thread with MN gold catchphrases.

Tupperware twat comes to mind, as does cuntbadger. I love the weird and wonderful stuff that goes on in random strangers minds grin

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 22-Jan-13 23:01:01

oh yes Maryz too.

The finch is a bit tufty Pacific. I think it is after the cake

Greeny ONLY if you apologise in public for upsetting soooo many people about cake

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Tue 22-Jan-13 23:01:05

1974??? I wasn't born then.

HoneyDragon Tue 22-Jan-13 23:01:14

Not everyone went to school in 1974.

HoneyDragon Tue 22-Jan-13 23:01:53

<<high fives Coxy for spectacular point missing xposting >>

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Tue 22-Jan-13 23:02:25

<laughs far too much at xpost>

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 22-Jan-13 23:03:05

thebody there is no gang and if there is I am Innit, in a roundabout kinda way. I am in the whole of MN gang

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 22-Jan-13 23:04:38

I was 3 in 1974 and AFAIR playgroup was just a load of happy teeny children eating biscuits. There was no playgroup royalty

Viviennemary Tue 22-Jan-13 23:05:39

Some people might have Diplomatic Status. grin

HoneyDragon Tue 22-Jan-13 23:05:52

You know it's this shit that gets randomson a thread accused of cliqueiness. In not her 10 minutes people will assume we are all together on FB and live together in a Mnet Kibbutz.

<<passes Funnys her hair dryer pack>>

Cheers for that mate ..... Oh fuck.

HoneyDragon Tue 22-Jan-13 23:06:20

Back!

Wtf would a hair dryer pack be?

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Tue 22-Jan-13 23:09:20

honey quick, over to FB, the gang are having an immense time over there....

<lies>

<isn't part of any gang on FB> sad

happynewmind Tue 22-Jan-13 23:10:16

On another non parenting forum I used to post on you used to get a new subtitle each time you passed a certain number of posts or years.

I've been here 7 years I think so mine would probably say [no life]..

A lot of people including me name change on a regular basis.

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Tue 22-Jan-13 23:11:47

happy I used another forum way back, you had a post counter next to each of your posts.

That definitely created a hierarchy and some odious twats with it

HoneyDragon Tue 22-Jan-13 23:12:03

<<cuddles Coxy>> you can be in my gang luvvie.

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Tue 22-Jan-13 23:12:55

nawwwww, ta love [smooch]

waits to be called a bum licker by the haterz

LineRunner Tue 22-Jan-13 23:13:07

petitfiloser
you are always there for me
petit petit
you are just like royalty
with your crown askew on friday night
your words are new but old and right
and oh
petit
dooby fucking doo

TuftyFinch Tue 22-Jan-13 23:18:47

Coffee spoons.
Measure.
Do I dare?

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 22-Jan-13 23:20:13

I love that whole PMing and FBing your mates lark. Some may do it, but I guess 90% of posters here are 'independent' so to squeak.

<apart from you Honey, hands back Hair Dryer Pack>

<it looks like something you get in flight, like a teeny tiny unfoldable hairdryer>

marriedinwhite Tue 22-Jan-13 23:23:15

Dunno but I like: Exotic Fruits, Zukiecat, Mrsdevere, Getorf, Frankwippery, Salmotrutta, Seeker, Juggling, Tethersend, Quintessential, Chaos, LaQueen, the Ruby's (many), Minty this and that [many], Kungfupanda - and they don't even usually agree with me. And what happened to Fabby Chic

marriedinwhite Tue 22-Jan-13 23:25:33

... and Linerunner (sick thread) and Bonsoir and HappyGardening and Colleger and Cointreauversial ...and all the names that will come to me as soon as I go to bed.

Monty27 Tue 22-Jan-13 23:28:04

I hate sucking up threads.

I have my favourites, they have no idea they are my favourites. I have no doubt that no-one even knows who I am.

It's called quiche-ing or something. I don't like exclusivity either, you know, o who are you? When someone joins in a thread and then everyone ignores thieir posts, etc.

MN is a bit shit for that imo.

Dons hat.

<ouch>

Fenton Tue 22-Jan-13 23:28:42

Missing the point I know bug I was 3 in 1974 too...

Fenton Tue 22-Jan-13 23:29:49

Yeah, bug I was 3, that's what I meant, not but.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now