There should be a special bloody till in Sainsburys for Panic Buyers

(226 Posts)

I get it, it's going to snow.

There will probably be a bit of snow for a few days round here.

I spent the best part of an hour queuing in Sainsburys seething quietly and politely waiting my turn to pay to do my normal weekly shop.

FFS it's some slightly bad seasonal weather, NO ONE can eat THAT many tins of muligtawny soup.

They should have their own queue then they can all stand together with thier blitz like behaviour and their preparedness and not get in my friffing way when I have other things to do like come here to whine about them

<makes weak tea and passes round buns>

I love it when it snows, I don't need to stock up on the important stuff ie booze.
I take my snow shovel and clear my neighbours drives for them and they give me wine. Win win smile

nickelbabe Thu 17-Jan-13 15:24:43

exactly - ivykaty is correct.

what if the lorries can't drive through the blizzard?

eh?
OP?
eh?

won't somebody think of the loorrrrreeeeee driiiiiivveeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrs!!

All lorry drivers are trained via Ice Road Truckers #LTAtrufax

mademred Thu 17-Jan-13 15:26:46

So everyone is panicking then? I see the vicious circle now .i will give it a wide birth.

If anyone runs short of wine I have loads left over from christmas - also some fake baileys, some port that a friend left here and the beer that dbil always buys dh managing to forget that his own brother doesn't drink beer...

I've gone right of alcohol for some reason...

atthewelles Thu 17-Jan-13 15:31:09

You'll be sorry madamred when there's no tins of mulligatawney left on the shelves shock shock

flossy101 Thu 17-Jan-13 15:33:18

Oh no... I didn't realise people were panicking.

How long has everyone been panicking?

Im panicking now about by lack panicking.

Just asked DH about this, he is a night shift manager for he aforementioned supermarket. He reckons you need to panic buy milk, but short of the M25 closing the lorries will deliver!!

Our sainsburys was busy this morning but I thought it was because it was pension day rather than due to the weather.

<eyes paracetamol, pizza and half price mince pies & very empty cupboards>

GanglyGiraffe Thu 17-Jan-13 15:33:49

I remember the petrol shortages during the strikes about 10- 15 years ago.

Me and my Mum went to Sainbury's to 'stock up' on long-life milk! Our neighbour also knocked to suggest everyone made bread and shared it out in our little col-de-sac grin

I love a good panic buy, it's exciting!

< texts DP to come home early before Sainsbury's sells out of bread flour>

ivykaty44 Thu 17-Jan-13 15:37:32

why the M25 closing - I thought the lorries came out of crick?

Should I be panicking?
We have no snow forecast, but we are expecting driving rain. Not just normal rain, driving.
That might call for supplies of mulligatawny soup.

gordyslovesheep Thu 17-Jan-13 15:42:02

If you miss the boat all you end up with is powdered milk and those mini bread rolls that are part baked - O.M.G grin

Our lovely milkman brings the delivery round on his tractor if his 4x4 won't make it so milk is about the only thing we never need to worry about - better if he brings it to be fair as starts to make a track along our road #livesinthewilderness

Squirted - I don't think rain qualifies you for muligatawny I'm afraid.
<eyes basket> But you can keep the tinned ham for now.

How's the toilet roll situation? I need to buy some should I go out now or is it safe to leave it a couple of hours and get DH to pick it up on his way home?

LadyBeagleEyes Thu 17-Jan-13 15:44:54

Where and when is this snow coming?

What is mulligatawny soup? I don't know what mulligatawny soup is!! Does this mean I am doomed and my skeleton will be found at the end of the snowy weather? shock

BupcakesAndCunting Thu 17-Jan-13 15:46:46

I only have 2 rolls of shit strip left and DH averages on three shits a day shock

mrsjay Thu 17-Jan-13 15:47:08

I wish people would just stop it is snow we are not going to die buy extra milk and bread bit fgs stop clearing shelves, we have had a snow warning for tomorrow DH was in tescos and he said it was mental

atthewelles Thu 17-Jan-13 15:47:21

I think you're being a bit unfair Squirty. Leave the Mulligatawney for those who really need it. Driving rain is more a 'cream of tomato' emergency according to official instructions.

PostBellumBugsy Thu 17-Jan-13 15:48:03

This is what Heinz say it is, an exciting soup apparently!

Heinz Mulligatawny is a classic, spicy soup made from an exciting combination of beef, rice and curry spices, with a hint of mango chutney.

See those panic buyers knew how to while away the snow bound hours .....

Binky - in our sainsburys toilet roll was in good supply.

Lady - snow due in from tonight sweeping in from Wales.
bbc

goat Muligatawny Nasty type of heinz soup sad

It won't be after everyone's eaten mulligatawny soup grin

PurityBrown Thu 17-Jan-13 15:51:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

<googles mulligatawny soup>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now