to be stressed and shocked at being possibly pregnant?

(435 Posts)
bellabreeze Fri 16-Nov-12 17:58:47

I feel like I might be pregnant. I have 8 DCs (yes, eight!!!) I do keep a positive attitude and cope very well but I am kind of thinking 'oh my god 9 kids!!?' I feel overwhelmed!!! Its not that I would hate to have another child but I feel so shocked and strange about having 9 kids! Its only 1 more but it is so close to 10...

This post doesn't really make much sense I am just overwhelmed

IneedAgoldenNickname Fri 16-Nov-12 18:49:50

According to OP profile she has children called lilyann and violet Ann. Just seemed like very. similar names

bellabreeze Fri 16-Nov-12 18:52:35

Never really found it confusing to be honest

Blimey your a better woman than me I find it hard enough with one!!

Gosh 8 children including twins!

happyhopefulmummy Fri 16-Nov-12 19:01:15

Use condoms if you can't take the pill properly and didn't want any more children. Hopefully you aren't pregnant, but a tip for the future.

PropertyNightmare Fri 16-Nov-12 19:19:50

I am sorry to hear that you worrying over the possibility of an unplanned pregnancy. 9 children on your own must be a very daunting prospect. Will your husband support you financially? The best thing you can do is take a test as soon as you can.

DangerousMouse Fri 16-Nov-12 19:29:23

hmm

bellabreeze Fri 16-Nov-12 19:33:57

Doubt it Property but I may have to take action if he doesn't
And yep ill be taking a test tomorrow
What Dangermouse?

nannyl Fri 16-Nov-12 19:41:03

YANBU

i have number 2 on the way... conceived when condom broke

Mine is only number 2 but im stressing about it already (and yes, i spend 10 years nannying for at least 2 children at a time)

MrsDeVere Fri 16-Nov-12 19:46:44

I tried for DC4 & 5.
Both times I got pregnant I was shock.
Specially DC5 because I got pregnant so quickly.
I was in a daze for weeks.

Its not like it should have been a surprise or anything. I was still like a stunned schoolgirl.

Do you think you can sort things out with your husband?

Wait for it....

kilmuir Fri 16-Nov-12 19:52:30

you have not taken the contraception properly, so can't be a huge surprise

PropertyNightmare Fri 16-Nov-12 20:08:31

How are you doing physically? Is your body up to another pregnancy/have your previous pregnancies been complicated?

Best of luck

MummyPig24 Fri 16-Nov-12 20:29:08

Gosh you must be run off your feet! Good luck for your test.

bellabreeze Fri 16-Nov-12 21:37:21

Kilmuir it is a surprise because you don't get pregnant every time you have sex
MrsDeVere I would like to sort things out in some ways but not for him to move back in and get back together because his behaviour is terrible
Property I've not had any complications luckily and my body is up to it fortunately
Nanny best of luck to you!

MayTheOddsBeEverInYourFavour Fri 16-Nov-12 21:42:58

Good luck for either outcome bella, I hope you get the result you want

I have six and its fab it doesnt seem like our family is that big,but when I say it out loud it seems like so many! My dh would love to have eight but I am done now smile

kilmuir Fri 16-Nov-12 22:23:06

bellabreeze i know that having sex does not result in a baby every time, i also know that contraception is not very effective if not taken correctly! ooops missed 2 pills in a row........................................................

fraktion Fri 16-Nov-12 22:28:23

nannyl [shocks] how are you feeling? Also big Internet, lots of eyes, so I don't know if you mean to share but I shan't say anything.

OP I have nothing useful to say really but...gosh.

maras2 Fri 16-Nov-12 22:33:03

Splinters in my bum now.Half of me says Mazeltov ( congratulations ) The other half says WTAF. 8 and counting? Have a word with yourself ( or your Family Planning Association ) Why would you want so many kids ?

fuzzpig Fri 16-Nov-12 22:37:43

Well I've learned something today (the spelling of mazel tov!)

If you can't remember to take the pill maybe the implant, injection or coil would be better. I'm not being sarcy there BTW, I know that I would never be reliable enough to take the medication every morning!

maras2 Fri 16-Nov-12 22:42:13

You're welcome Fuzzpig.

sashh Fri 16-Nov-12 22:43:17

Well at least it's not a football team - yet.

bellabreeze Fri 16-Nov-12 22:49:38

Maras, the same reason someone would want any number of kids really.. I always did want quite a few children ... it might not be to your taste

Bogeyface Fri 16-Nov-12 22:51:47

Well arent you lot just fecking charming?!

What the hell is wrong with 2 kids having the same middle name? What is wrong with having 8 kids if you can afford it and can cope. I have six and have come across the same attitudes in my life.

Why do I have 6? Because I wanted them and can cope with them. Dont judge larger families just because YOU cant cope!

OP, I hope that you get the result you want, and dont forget that whatever your ex says, you are entitled to child support for them and the CSA can take it straight from his wages if he refuses to pay up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now