Kingsmill Fruit and fibre advert complaint

(319 Posts)
ZigZagWanderer Thu 08-Nov-12 11:42:11

This may have been mentioned before but I would like to know how I go about making a complaint about an advert that I have found inappropriate. I really think it exploits teenage girls.

anklebitersmum Thu 08-Nov-12 11:57:09

is it this one? bread ad

I don't think it's offensive but I do think Dad should have been out of the shower to enforce longer skirt.

kim147 Thu 08-Nov-12 11:57:42

You eat this bread and you too can look lke this smile

ZigZagWanderer Thu 08-Nov-12 11:58:15

witchety sorry I don't know what you are implying.

I don't get how you don't see it as irrelevant and inappropriate.

ManifestingMingeHooHoosAgain Thu 08-Nov-12 11:58:15

I've watched it now.

Overthinking this a bit OP - it wasn't really sexualised at all IMHO, more a rubbish jokes about dads.

Witchety Thu 08-Nov-12 11:58:48

She would only hitch it up again when out of sight!

ManifestingMingeHooHoosAgain Thu 08-Nov-12 11:59:06
JustinBoobie Thu 08-Nov-12 11:59:50

I didn't think it appropriate either to be honest...

BoobBuffet Thu 08-Nov-12 12:00:51

I think it is grim tbh.

The same joke could've been made by dressing the girl in any number of other unsuitable-for-school outfits. The camera lingers on her giving a twirl, and the over the knee socks make her look like she's in 'naughty schoolgirl' fancy dress. Yuk.

OH, the other night when we first saw it: 'that is awful, but it'll be on mumsnet within the hour'.

He has been well taught grin

Witchety Thu 08-Nov-12 12:01:00

zigzag well I'm not the only one am I?

WorraLiberty Thu 08-Nov-12 12:01:06

It's not totally irrelevant.

The young brother is still at the age where he takes notice of everything that Dad says.

The older sister has long passed that stage.

Unlike a spotty 12yr old with braces, she's a teenager and interested in looking like most of her peers.

I'm surprised it needs explaining really as it's quite obvious I think.

BoobBuffet Thu 08-Nov-12 12:01:40

*bet

ZigZagWanderer Thu 08-Nov-12 12:02:25

I was surprised by it, I think it's wrong.` Thanks for the link.
I shall complain anyway.

ZigZagWanderer Thu 08-Nov-12 12:03:35

Thank you boob.

FreePeaceSweet Thu 08-Nov-12 12:03:38

TBH, I find it hard to believe that the dad spoke to his son in great detail about a blimmin' loaf of bread. "Dad says this amazing thing about bread... Then Dad says that amazing thing about bread... Dad also says this truly awesome thing about BREAD!" Just can it on those grounds.

Everlong Thu 08-Nov-12 12:05:07

She looks like Britney in ' hit me baby '

anklebitersmum Thu 08-Nov-12 12:06:11

It's this one that I wonder about.

Daughter comes in late, waffling at 100mph and raiding the fridge and you just go to bed? Check her flippin pockets man

Come to think of it the parents are weak in all their adverts..weren't they the ones who introduced 'crustless bread' for parents who can't man up and say "eat your crusts"..

<mutters angrily while heading to kitchen for a sandwich>

BoobBuffet Thu 08-Nov-12 12:06:28

Which was also highly questionable....

Everlong Thu 08-Nov-12 12:07:28

No worra you are not getting me.

They could have used a spotty, 12 year old kid as the actress but they didn't.

A spotty 12 year old would still hitch her skirt up.

BoobBuffet Thu 08-Nov-12 12:07:46

Britney being questionable I mean, not all food based adverts!

I like the fact it was "dad" saying all these things about bread and making his family breakfast, rather than "mum" for once

mutny Thu 08-Nov-12 12:08:11

Is the OP joking? i feel like i am missing something today. Need more sleep.

If you are serious...

Its joke about the fact that dads have been complaining about how short their dds skirts are for years.

If you choose to sexualise it, that's your issue.

ObiWan Thu 08-Nov-12 12:09:07

I actually bought the crustless bread a couple of times.

Then I got wise, started buying the Value white bread (23p!), and just cutting off the crusts.

I didn't know whether to admire my pragmatism, or despise myself for being ineffecual.

BoobBuffet Thu 08-Nov-12 12:09:32

Yes exactly, Everlong.
They chose a teenager who could pass for much older (and may well be 18plus) and glammed her up. Not innocent at all.

anklebitersmum Thu 08-Nov-12 12:12:44

<shakes head sadly at ObiWan> Cut the crusts off?

grin at 23p bread

Oh come on. Really? Who didn't have that or a similar type experience with their dad. Its just meant to make you sort of chuckle. Its a play on family dynamics I suppose.

Yes they could of used a spotty 12 year old, but this is a tv advert. People with spots don not exist, not even in ads for spot cream.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now