To think that there should be prosecutions over Hillsborough

(217 Posts)
DreamingofSummer Wed 12-Sep-12 18:25:09
KenDoddsDadsDog Wed 12-Sep-12 19:58:03

gordyslovesheep I would shit in the sun though and post it through McKenzie/ Mohans letter boxes

vigglewiggle Wed 12-Sep-12 20:00:06

I am ashamed to be associated with the senior police officers that made such tragically poor decisions on that day. I am even more ashamed that they tried to cover their tracks in such a callous way. I would like to see those officers brought to book for the cover-up more than the (presumably well-intentioned) mistakes on the day. They should face trial for conspiracy to pervert the course of justice and I hope it happens.

tara0202 Wed 12-Sep-12 20:01:33

Yadnbu. Absolute disgrace. And Kelvin mackenzie... Eeeergh. What a vile bullshit spewing dick that man actually is.

LineRunner Wed 12-Sep-12 20:02:23

The truth will out, thank god. Good luck to Michael Mansfield QC in taking this all the way with the families.

The scale of the cover-up within the emergency services and by public servants and elected politicians in local and central government is incredible. The role of The Sun yet again massive and insidious. The reaction of the government of the day sickeningly inadequate, to the point of complicity.

JFT96.

Finally.

OrangeFireandGoldashes Wed 12-Sep-12 20:03:36

YADNBU. At the very, very least the inquest verdict should be quashed.

The scales of the systemic cover-up is just sickening. Those who concocted the lies about the victims' behaviour are scum.

JFT96. YNWA.

ovenchips Wed 12-Sep-12 20:05:00

MrsKeithRichards Calling Kelvin McKenzie a cunt is like calling the Pope a Catholic. And I totally agree.

SammySquirrel Wed 12-Sep-12 20:06:57

I would like to see those officers brought to book for the cover-up more than the (presumably well-intentioned) mistakes on the day. They should face trial for conspiracy to pervert the course of justice and I hope it happens.

Hear! Hear!

somewheresomehow Wed 12-Sep-12 20:12:53

yabu

AuntAlexandra Wed 12-Sep-12 20:16:23

YANBU and thankyou for starting this thread,

Today we got the truth.

JFT96 YNWA

MrsTerrysChocolateOrange Wed 12-Sep-12 20:18:18

Care to explain, somewheresomehow?

edam Wed 12-Sep-12 20:20:42

23 years to get the truth... I hope the families feel vindicated today. And I hope the search for justice doesn't stop here. I'd like the coroner who helped to cover up the deaths - deaths he had a legal and moral duty to investigate - to be held to account, as well as every other fucker who lied through their teeth, denigrating the dead to save their own hides.

EricNorthmansFangBanger Wed 12-Sep-12 20:20:53

They didn't just do criminal background checks, they did alcohol blood level tests on all the dead - even the children. Makes my blood boil!

SammySquirrel Wed 12-Sep-12 20:20:59

God, they're reading out all the victims at the vigil now. Most of them are barely more than children. sad

edam Wed 12-Sep-12 20:21:59

some of them were children...

SammySquirrel Wed 12-Sep-12 20:23:19

sad

MrsTerrysChocolateOrange Wed 12-Sep-12 20:25:08

My heart goes out to them all. I keep thinking about the man who lost two daughters. It is unimaginable.

OrangeFireandGoldashes Wed 12-Sep-12 20:27:58

Sammy 22 of the victims were under 18.

LineRunner Wed 12-Sep-12 20:30:47

The youngest was 10.

somewheresomehow Wed 12-Sep-12 20:37:02

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heysel_Stadium_disaster

Bluegingham Wed 12-Sep-12 20:37:22

So sad and so wrong. Good thread.
JFT96.

Jamillalliamilli Wed 12-Sep-12 20:43:16

Even no, Especially after 23 years.

I can’t read what’s come out. it’s all too raw. I don’t need to read about it, I know the truth, so many know the truth, enough of the truth at least. What did and didn’t happen.

The people who need to be prosecuted the most are those who set up to cover up by smearing the victims and those who tried to help them, because they have not only committed the most despicable crime against those who died, their families and friends and all those who were there, but they have also ensured so many people will never ever trust the establishment again.

Some of those who survived have had to live with the fact that others, who were smaller and weaker, were physically crushed to death against them while they couldn’t even unpin their own arms to try to prevent it. To then become criminals and hooligans in so many people’s heads has been the further destruction of minds.

Expose the lies before Thatcher dies. JFT96

VoldemortsNipple Wed 12-Sep-12 20:43:44

ilovedaintynuts I applaud you with your honest statement. I hope and pray that the rest of the country who choose to believe the lies, accept like you, that they were wrong to believe what was written in that newspaper.

That the families, survivers, and people of of Merseyside fought for the truth to be heard and justice to be done, not because we wallow in self pity but because it was right.

To give an insight into how this tragedy affected Liverpool, think of how 9/11 has affected New York. It will never go away, it has altered the foundations of a city.

At last the truth has been told, as horrible and despicable as that truth is.

Please God, now let there be justice.

gordyslovesheep Wed 12-Sep-12 20:46:01

why bring Heysel into it - how utterly vile and petty

are you suggesting the 96 people who died where responsible for that?

YADDDDDNBU!!!
It actually makes me feel physically sick. And even with the truth finally out, all anyone gets is an "apology" from call me dave. Its disgusting. I'm trying, but I actually can't put into words just how ill it makes me feel.

JFT96 YNWA xx

VoldemortsNipple Wed 12-Sep-12 20:56:54

somewhere the difference with Heysel is LFC never tried to cover up the tradedy, the victims were never blamed. Shame on you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now