To be Very Pissed Off at My Dad for Bringing a Lovely Baby Toy Around?

(129 Posts)
cheesemaker Tue 21-Dec-10 19:49:43

It's a lovely Butterfly Mobile, but I just know that my Mum put him up to it. He'd never manage to buy something that nice by himself. The other day he tried to buy me a Baby Monitor. HE KNEW that I bought one months ago, I showed him and everything.

Plus I'm 7 months pregnant already and he knows that I'm a very organised person, I never would have left it so late to buy such an essential piece of baby equipment.

Honestly, he's useless and so unsupportive! He's been on and on at me my whole pregnancy because he doesn't approve of me becoming a single mother. I just wish he'd shut up about it.

blowninonabreeze Tue 21-Dec-10 19:50:51

eh?

moondog Tue 21-Dec-10 19:50:57

What are you irritiated by exactly?
That he bothered to seek advice on a present to you?

magicmummy1 Tue 21-Dec-10 19:50:59

biscuit

needafootmassage Tue 21-Dec-10 19:51:12

Yes. Total bastard bringing you a lovely present. Bang out of order.

rubyslippers Tue 21-Dec-10 19:51:49

Don't be so ridiculous!

I bet you are all huffy with him

How is it useless to offer to buy a monitor?

There is a side issue of his disapproval - but maybe is trying to make amends?

Saved being very pissed off for something else

AnyFuckerForAMincePie Tue 21-Dec-10 19:52:06

oh, bog orf

traceybath Tue 21-Dec-10 19:52:06

I suspect he thinks you should be married and not doing it alone wink

herbietea Tue 21-Dec-10 19:52:37

Message withdrawn

YABU you silly cow. Just don't go round on Xmas day with murderous thoughts <my spider senses are tingling>

HarlotOTara Tue 21-Dec-10 19:52:47

How could anyone ever think you woulf be unreasonable you self-absorbed control freak

DanceInTheDark Tue 21-Dec-10 19:52:52

YABU - he brought you a gift, he didn't napalm the neighbourhood.

traceybath Tue 21-Dec-10 19:53:17

And don't go to Lower Loxley - I think something bad is going to happen there.

fibernachi Tue 21-Dec-10 19:53:20

grin

Oh Helen, you poor thing! It's tough, isn't it?

LaurieFairyonthetreeEatsCake Tue 21-Dec-10 19:53:47

I'm guessing this is your first baby if you think at 7 months everyone has already bought their 'essential' equipment like baby alarms hmm

well done you for being so organised. Now for fucks sake sit down and have a cup of tea and a bit of cake - all that stressing about sweet fuck all will not be doing the baby any good.

chrimblycompo Tue 21-Dec-10 19:53:47

Joking i guess?

oneortwo Tue 21-Dec-10 19:53:52

ah the old Butterfly Mobile, universal mark of shame at having an unwed mother in the family.

By essential equipment, you do mean the monitor right, PLEASE tell me you're not talking about butterfly mobiles there? grin

ChippingIn Tue 21-Dec-10 19:53:59

I am very confused. Clearly I need some Baileys fresh air. I have NO idea what you problem is, he seems to me, to be trying.

peppapighastakenovermylife Tue 21-Dec-10 19:54:23

Eh?

And I rarely used a baby monitor with DS and not at all with the other two. Not the point I know...

RockinRobinBird Tue 21-Dec-10 19:54:30

I hardly think that a monitor is essential at 7 months pg...

what an asshole

he's toxic, he is

cut off contact and NEVER speak to him again

I mean, what kind of person finds out what gift might be suitable and then GOES OUT AND BUYS IT?

eh? EH?

[sarcastic]

PinkElephant73 Tue 21-Dec-10 19:54:53

never mind it could have been worse - at least you didnt get bawled out for mislabelling the yoghurts, eh.

APixieInMyMulledWine Tue 21-Dec-10 19:54:59

Only clicked on 2 threads this eve and both of them have confused the hell out of me.

blush

Firawla Tue 21-Dec-10 19:55:03

yabu and ungreatful. weird post!

melpomene Tue 21-Dec-10 19:55:44

YABU to be annoyed that he bought you a gift. Also with the baby monitor, if you bought one months ago it's unreasonable to expect him to remember that and it sounds like he meant well.

YANBU to be annoyed if he is criticising you for being a single parent, though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now